Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try to figure out...
    i just bought the tablet and a sim card just to get some internet at work, where they suspended the whole for employees....
    i tought i had found the holy graal... but now i really miss the last step (hopefully!)

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by mmm11 View Post
      is there a stock kernel for kitkat ?
      The kernel in my ROM is the stock kernel.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        The kernel in my ROM is the stock kernel.
        ok i'm gonna flash it asap and see how it works, thanks riley!

Comment

ok just reflashed the custom kernel, the 3g connection is really better now, even if it shows only an "E" and not an "H" as expected (since the speed is definitely an "H")

Any way to show in the bar up the connection speed and/or transfer rate? (on my mobile samsung I istalled something like xblast tools, here i'd like not to bloat the pipo....
          thank you

edit:
          it loses the internet connection while browsing. was the same with giouncino's kernel. seems to be a major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mmm11 View Post
            ok just reflashed the custom kernel, the 3g connection is really better now, even if it shows only an "E" and not an "H" as expected (since the speed is definitely an "H")

Any way to show in the bar up the connection speed and/or transfer rate? (on my mobile samsung I istalled something like xblast tools, here i'd like not to bloat the pipo....
            thank you

edit:
            it loses the internet connection while browsing. was the same with giouncino's kernel. seems to be a major issue.
            The best combination to have a GOOD 3G speed and connection is with "kernel_GPS_1.3" AND the stock libril (approx 130Kb), the modded libril (approx 89Kb) doesn't work well on KitKat.
            The original libril (130Kb) NEVER say "H" it always say "E" even if the connection is H, but it's only a matter of labels...
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Brighthouse App

I been running RileyROM KitKat 1.8 on my Pipo M6 Pro 32gb model. It works great. There is only one problem I have, and I am hoping Riley or someone here in the forums can help.

If I download the brighthouse application to watch TV live on my tablet it loads but the tv never displays just shows up black.
              Now my wife has a low end HP Slate 7" tablet and it works on hers. The reason this is so important to me, is they charge for every box in your house. So I only have one box in the living room. I like to use my tablet in the bedroom and output to the tv and be able to watch tv in my room without a box. My wifes HP slate works but no hdmi out on that tablet. Now the Pipo specs are way much higher than the hp, so there should be a way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ray..

Comment

Originally posted by thorpe1968 View Post
                I been running RileyROM KitKat 1.8 on my Pipo M6 Pro 32gb model. It works great. There is only one problem I have, and I am hoping Riley or someone here in the forums can help.

If I download the brighthouse application to watch TV live on my tablet it loads but the tv never displays just shows up black.
                Now my wife has a low end HP Slate 7" tablet and it works on hers. The reason this is so important to me, is they charge for every box in your house. So I only have one box in the living room. I like to use my tablet in the bedroom and output to the tv and be able to watch tv in my room without a box. My wifes HP slate works but no hdmi out on that tablet. Now the Pipo specs are way much higher than the hp, so there should be a way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ray..
                Well sure enough I found it!

This will work on any device, but i made this for my Mini-PC. Basically it's the Brighthouse app (BHTV) to watch Cable. Mods ==== * Root check removed * HDMI check removed * Livetv_layout.xml changed the list_channel layout from 330 to 480dp...

Use this app and it works flawlessly on my Pipo m6 pro!
                Now we can watch Brighthouse Cable TV on our Pipo m6 pro tablets!

Ray...
                Last edited by thorpe1968; 05-16-2014, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  You can always reflash another one, even if the tablet doesn't boot or lock-up.
                  giouncino: I wonder if you have received your PIPO X5 and tried Miracast yet, cause I could not get it working with KK1.8. And I don´t understand how to use it in DLNA-mode. On PIPO:s site they say you need apps to get it work.

Comment

Originally posted by jojjo View Post
                    giouncino: I wonder if you have received your PIPO X5 and tried Miracast yet, cause I could not get it working with KK1.8. And I don´t understand how to use it in DLNA-mode. On PIPO:s site they say you need apps to get it work.
                    I've just receivet my X5 today...
                    It's not working with kitkat: tablet always reboots.

I asked Anna for a newer release of kitkat supporting X5 for M6pro or at least a newer version of X5 firmware...

I struggled with DLNA too, using "scan mode" on X5 it doesn't see any Access Point...
                    As you say if you need an app, How could I install it onto the dongle? It seems impossible to me...

I'm really disappointed about the X5 behaviour. I do not want to switch back to JB to have Miracast working!

So at the moment the X5 is totally useless for me!

Comment

I've just receivet my X5 today...
                      It's not working with kitkat: tablet always reboots.

I asked Anna for a newer release of kitkat supporting X5 for M6pro or at least a newer version of X5 firmware...

I struggled with DLNA too, using "scan mode" on X5 it doesn't see any Access Point...
                      As you say if you need an app, How could I install it onto the dongle? It seems impossible to me...

I'm really disappointed about the X5 behaviour. I do not want to switch back to JB to have Miracast working!

So at the moment the X5 is totally useless for me!
                      Thanks. I´m dissapointed at the X5 too, now it´s useless. I hope there will be new firmware releases.

Comment

Since one week I think I have a probleme of Battery status refresh.

I use the pipo for 3h and the battery stay at 100%.

Does anyone have a ideea ?

thanks

Comment

Great ROM Riley. All is working now on my Pipo M6 max pro 32 giga. Your ROM rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by psxmail View Post
                            Since one week I think I have a probleme of Battery status refresh.

I use the pipo for 3h and the battery stay at 100%.

Does anyone have a ideea ?

thanks
                            Which kernel are you using?

Comment

Which kernel are you using?
                              Well I use this one : kernel_GPS_1.4_cpu1704h_1325mV_V1_gpu600_ddr744

And after a switch off, when I restart the battery stats say your are a 99% dans history only about the boot time...

Comment

Originally posted by psxmail View Post
                                Well I use this one : kernel_GPS_1.4_cpu1704h_1325mV_V1_gpu600_ddr744

And after a switch off, when I restart the battery stats say your are a 99% dans history only about the boot time...
                                After installing these new kernels it is a good idea to perform a battery calibration (because the tablet keeps the old battery stats that are not significant for the new kernel).
                                So I can suggest you to download "battery calibration" app and do a calibration. After that battery information will become significant again.

Comment

Working...
                                X