Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    If you are seeing a Pipo 4.2.2 logo...something went wrong with flashing. v1.8 should say 4.4.2.
    Thank you for your replies.

I'm sorry it was 4.4.2

I used a motorola razr d1 usb cable. The connection was usb 2.0

I'll try later with stock cable.

Why the tablet doesn't turn on? when I press the power button.

Sorry for my english

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by logan20m View Post

Thank you for your replies.

I'm sorry it was 4.4.2

I used a motorola razr d1 usb cable. The connection was usb 2.0

I'll try later with stock cable.

Why the tablet doesn't turn on? when I press the power button.

Sorry for my english
      Try this.

Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds then let go.

Then press the power button again until you see the boot screen (another 10 seconds or so).

That always works for me if it is just a sod.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

best dvb stick for pipo

Anyone tried?
        I found this ione, but found ane references so far...

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/DVB-T-Aeri...-/380923460712

Comment

Originally posted by valerima View Post
          Anyone tried?
          I found this ione, but found ane references so far...

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/DVB-T-Aeri...-/380923460712
          it could be interesting!
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

tv on pipo

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            it could be interesting!

you know in EU there different standards for dvb t ...see link above.

Comment

Hi Randy, any plans on version 1.9 KK? you are doing an awesome job btw!

Comment

HELP! Can't boot ANYTHING! All ideas welcome.

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the long post but I am desperate for help & I think maybe you need the whole story...

Back in April I got my Pipo M6 Pro 3G 32GB. I immediately flashed RR1.8KK and loved it. I then flashed Gioucinos cpu1704h_VERY_LOW_gpu600_ddr744 kernel - at the time it was version 1.2 - which worked perfectly so I was delighted in the thought that I had a lucky CPU. Everything has been great with the tablet since then until the last couple of weeks I did get the very occasional freeze up but not often. Maybe an app caused this? I don't know & I wasn't too worried.

Last week my young son went into hospital and I started staying there with him overnight (we have been here 8 nights now) so I bought a prepaid SIM card for internet on the tablet. It worked but the reception/speed was terrible so I came back to this post to see if this issue had been resolved. I found Gioucino had released the 1.4 versions of his kernels which fixed the 3g reception & deep sleep issues when used with the stock Libril file. Having a lucky CPU I downloaded the new 1.4 Very Low ddr744 kernel and flashed it to my tablet using the instructions he provides. It seemed to go well but when the tablet booted it froze immediately on the lock screen. I tried several times to reboot but it always froze up quickly - once just with vertical lines across the screen.

I then thought maybe my CPU wasn't lucky enough for the new ddr744 kernel so I tried each of the other Very Low kernels and none worked - mostly I got stuck at the boot animation screen. I then tried the kernel_GPS_1.4_cpu1704h_825_users_V1_gpu600_ddr744 and that also got stuck at the boot animation screen. Now I was worried so I decided to go back to the RR1.8KK ROM including the kernel it provides. I erased IDB first, then flashed the ROM with all standard options except I used the 6GB parameter. This then booted to the TWRP Recovery. I downloaded the misc_system.img file & flashed it to the tablet and rebooted. Now it also gets stuck at the boot animation. I have tried several times to re-flash with RR1.8KK and always it goes to Recovery and then after flash new misc file it get stuck at boot animation.

Ultimately I would love to continue running RR KitKat - preferably with the best Gioucino custom kernel my tablet will accept, but at this point I would even be happy going back to stock JB from Pipo. I am currently downloading the Pipo 1.1.9 update ROM from April 26 2014, though I don't yet know if I can use the same method to flash that or if I need to have an older version installed already.

Please help if you have any ideas at all because I have no more!

Thanks so much,

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyez View Post
                  Hello everybody,

Sorry for the long post but I am desperate for help & I think maybe you need the whole story...

Back in April I got my Pipo M6 Pro 3G 32GB. I immediately flashed RR1.8KK and loved it. I then flashed Gioucinos cpu1704h_VERY_LOW_gpu600_ddr744 kernel - at the time it was version 1.2 - which worked perfectly so I was delighted in the thought that I had a lucky CPU. Everything has been great with the tablet since then until the last couple of weeks I did get the very occasional freeze up but not often. Maybe an app caused this? I don't know & I wasn't too worried.

Last week my young son went into hospital and I started staying there with him overnight (we have been here 8 nights now) so I bought a prepaid SIM card for internet on the tablet. It worked but the reception/speed was terrible so I came back to this post to see if this issue had been resolved. I found Gioucino had released the 1.4 versions of his kernels which fixed the 3g reception & deep sleep issues when used with the stock Libril file. Having a lucky CPU I downloaded the new 1.4 Very Low ddr744 kernel and flashed it to my tablet using the instructions he provides. It seemed to go well but when the tablet booted it froze immediately on the lock screen. I tried several times to reboot but it always froze up quickly - once just with vertical lines across the screen.

I then thought maybe my CPU wasn't lucky enough for the new ddr744 kernel so I tried each of the other Very Low kernels and none worked - mostly I got stuck at the boot animation screen. I then tried the kernel_GPS_1.4_cpu1704h_825_users_V1_gpu600_ddr744 and that also got stuck at the boot animation screen. Now I was worried so I decided to go back to the RR1.8KK ROM including the kernel it provides. I erased IDB first, then flashed the ROM with all standard options except I used the 6GB parameter. This then booted to the TWRP Recovery. I downloaded the misc_system.img file & flashed it to the tablet and rebooted. Now it also gets stuck at the boot animation. I have tried several times to re-flash with RR1.8KK and always it goes to Recovery and then after flash new misc file it get stuck at boot animation.

Ultimately I would love to continue running RR KitKat - preferably with the best Gioucino custom kernel my tablet will accept, but at this point I would even be happy going back to stock JB from Pipo. I am currently downloading the Pipo 1.1.9 update ROM from April 26 2014, though I don't yet know if I can use the same method to flash that or if I need to have an older version installed already.

Please help if you have any ideas at all because I have no more!

Thanks so much,

Lee
                  Try to flash the stock kitkat (dated February 13 or 20) with rockchip flashtool.
                  Then you can still install modded kernel later on.

I do not suggest you to switch back to jelly bean
                  if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                    Try to flash the stock kitkat (dated February 13 or 20) with rockchip flashtool.
                    Then you can still install modded kernel later on.

I do not suggest you to switch back to jelly bean
                    Thanks for your idea Giouncino. I sure don't want to go back to JB unless I have no other choice. I have looked at the Pipo site where I can get the latest update for the M6 Pro but that is all that is there. There is nothing dated February 13 or 20. Can you please advise where to download?

I have found & downloaded the Rockchip rkbatchtool 1.7 - I assume this is the latest? I can't find anything newer.

thanks again!

Lee

Comment

UPDATE Re: HELP! Can't boot ANYTHING! All ideas welcome.

Well I haven't resolved the issue with my tablet yet but I think I may have at least determined what is happening:

As mentioned before, everytime I flash any kernel and/or system to the tablet it reboots into TWRP. I then have to flash the misc_system.img file so that it will attempt to start the tablet OS. I then get the RileyRom shield logo followed by the Aurora Borealis-like boot animation and it does not progress from there.

I tried once more to load RR1.8KK including the stock kernel and once again it booted to TWRP so as usual I touched the reboot button and then touched the Bootloader button to put the tablet into flash mode. Then I see the confirmation screen with "Swipe to Reboot".

Here's the interesting bit - at the top of the screen is says "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?"

So I went back into TWRP main menu ans select Advanced button and then File Manager. In File Manager at the top level I see many folders and some files. I look in some of the folders where I think maybe important files should live. Here are the folders and what is in them:

boot: (empty)
                      cache: (empty)
                      data: 1 file (bat_last_capacity.dat)
                      kernel: (empty)
                      recovery: (empty)
                      root: (empty)
                      sdcard: 1 folder (TWRP (empty))
                      sys: 12 folders including firmware (empty) and kernel which contains folders & files
                      system: 1 folder (bin (empty))

To me it looks like the flashed files are not there even though when I flash them the tool counts the data sent and checks it and says it's OK.

Can anyone confirm if I am right about this? If so, any suggestions on why it is going wrong?

Thanks as always,

Lee.

Comment

UPDATE 2 - SOLVED (I think)!!! Re: HELP! Can't boot ANYTHING!

OK, so there are two things I previously forgot to mention that I had done - because I forgot that I had done them! When I attempted to re-flash the stock RR1.8KK I changed the parameter file from the standard to the 6GB one. Also I had seen in this thread that the TWRP recovery had been updated so I flashed the new version of that with the ROM. Then the problem of getting stuck at the boot animation occurred and later I remembered I had made these changes. I thought the problem may be the parameter change so I went back to the original instructions for the ROM. I worked out the answer from the Q&A section where the question "CWM and stock Recovery - whats what, and what is it for?". According to the OP this ROM has TWRP so the instructions don'tseem to be up to date about CWM but the answer still became apparent. I think that the installation process can only be completed on first boot using the original included version of TWRP, which is why my first boot would always go to recovery. Then when I forced a boot to system it would get stuck because the system installation had not been completed. I reflashed the ROM with the original recovery file and all is good.

Question: can I now safely flash the new TWRP?

I also have a question regarding changing the parameter file but will put that in a new post...

Cheers,

Lee

Comment

I suggest you to start from scratch - flash Pipo ROM as a reference point to see if your tablet works. If everything will be fine for some time flash Riley's RR1.8KK as you want (read Randy's guide carefully). After first boot you may flash latest TWRP using ROM Flash Tool - uncheck all options except Recovery and select TWRP zip file to be flashed. Having this Do not erase IDB, just press Reboot to Flash Mode button and then Flash ROM button. When it's done (flashing takes about 10-15 seconds) system should reboot and your tab must be working with a RR1.8 KitKat.
                          I used RR1.8 KK for 2 months and decided to make step backward to RR 1.6.1 JB ROM because some apps didn't work with a KitKat and I had lot of hangs or random crashes. Jelly Bean is slower, tablet less responsive (in my opinion) but it is stable (!!!) - no need to reboot for a very long time. In my case Miracast (screen mirroring) and HBO GO app work fine with JB and do not with KK. Your choice.

Comment

Today when I reflashed my M6 Pro with this ROM I changed the parameter file to the 6GB one. All went perfectly and works fine. But the instructions say:

"after flashing with a different system partition (parameter) size than your previous ROM - you need to go to System -> Storage and mount SD card. You will get a notification saying something about "Damaged Memory". Open this notification, and format the SD card."

I assume this is supposed to be in Settings. When I go there I find Device -> Storage and everything looks fine. There is no notification about "Damaged Memory" or whatever.

Perhaps the instrustions are not up to date regarding this? I don't know. Perhaps someone can let me know if I need look elsewhere for this notification?

Thanks again... I'll stop hogging this thread now!

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by porthos View Post
                              After first boot you may flash latest TWRP using ROM Flash Tool
                              Thanks Porthos - that answers one question. The rest at least I seem to have sorted as per my most recent posts above.

Very much appreciate your response & if I have further trouble I will follow your advice.

Cheers,

Lee

Comment

You are welcome I'm glad to hear you have a working Pipo tablet
                                Last edited by porthos; 06-26-2014, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X