Clear All

sorry if the answer was do...
    i have a J22 with alternate "pinS"
    i used the finless 2.0 beta but wireless and bluethoot no works
    so i used your kernel
    version 3.0 no work (no on)
    versione 4.0 and 4.1 work!!! perfect wireless and bluethoot
    but...
    i have lose the "screen" setting... it where i can change resolution of hdmi and "zoom" ( in my tv i no see the full ) bar
    it is normal? how i can add again the "screen setting" ?
    thanks a alot

Comment

Originally posted by Dzigi.Bau View Post
      @Magnus33 and others

My sound flicker are SOLVED by changing resolution from 1920x1080p to 1920x1080i .

The bugs I found in this D33'2 kernel_kk_4.0_NOGPU_DRR, rarely working kernel on MK802IV is impossibility to change scale of Display, it forgets setup after reboots.

Another one related to sound flicker in 1080p resolution is very nearly problem of graphic driver, which tries to restore sound when it goes off synchronization.

I do not know how to fic it, hopefully, someone will know.

Thats a odd bug certainly.

It also seems to be somewhat tv specific as i see none of it with my lg tv.
      With so many different models its probably no all that surprising.

Glad you found a way around it.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

So i finally experimented by just flashing the kernel.img using finless rk flash tool 1.37 and... nothing good. It showed me the nee boot screen (ugoos) then flashed a little bit then briefly showed me the first frame of the boot animation then froze and restarted. It just kept on doing this in a loop. Very confused.

My device is a CS968 with AP6210 wifi. Stock KitKat Rom dated 04-23. Any idea why this didnt work? What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dzigi.Bau View Post
          @Magnus33 and others

My sound flicker are SOLVED by changing resolution from 1920x1080p to 1920x1080i .
          How did you change it to 1920x1080i? Does it mean 1920x1080 50Hz?
          Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
          CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
          GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Any help? How do you flash a kernel onto a stock rom build?

As far as I can tell (from all the info I could gather from Finless and SuperSport900) if your boot.img begins with "KRNL" that means your boot.img DOESNT have a kernel, and therefore your kernel is standalone. My boot.img, according to my dumps, begins with KRNL, meaning my kernel.img is indeed the stand alone kernel which my device boots from, right?

So supposedly the act of having a standalone kernel allows one to simply flash different kernels and see if they work or not. I flashed KK 4.1 Kernel for AP610 TVBOX HD (as far as I can tell, that is what a cs968 is) and all I got was bootloops and restarting. It tries breifly to play the bootanimation then restarts, over and over again.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post
              Any help? How do you flash a kernel onto a stock rom build?

As far as I can tell (from all the info I could gather from Finless and SuperSport900) if your boot.img begins with "KRNL" that means your boot.img DOESNT have a kernel, and therefore your kernel is standalone. My boot.img, according to my dumps, begins with KRNL, meaning my kernel.img is indeed the stand alone kernel which my device boots from, right?

So supposedly the act of having a standalone kernel allows one to simply flash different kernels and see if they work or not. I flashed KK 4.1 Kernel for AP610 TVBOX HD (as far as I can tell, that is what a cs968 is) and all I got was bootloops and restarting. It tries breifly to play the bootanimation then restarts, over and over again.

Any ideas?
              You can't flash the 4.1 kernel onto an old stock rom.
              You have to install a new rom from after April 2014, then the 4.1 kernel.
              If you use an older rom then you have to use the 4.0 kernel.

If your boot.img is smaller than 2 MB then the kernel is standalone.

Comment

Oh I see. By "after april 2014" do you mean the only cs968 rom which will work is the 05-04 rom? Mine is 04-23, this is too old?

Also, my boot.img is 12,288 kb. My kernel.img is also, according to my params and dump, the exact same size (12,288 kb).

Is it likely, then, that the 4.0 kernel is the same as the one that came on this 0423 stock rom (ie no improvement)?

Comment

Oh I see. By "after april 2014" do you mean the only cs968 rom which will work is the 05-04 rom? Mine is 04-23, this is too old?

Also, my boot.img is 12,288 kb. My kernel.img is also, according to my params and dump, the exact same size (12,288 kb).

Is it likely, then, that the 4.0 kernel is the same as the one that came on this 0423 stock rom (ie no improvement)?
                  Any rom in April or after.

Since your boot img is 12 MB, flashing a different kernel will have no effect. It will always use the old stock one inside the boot img.

The 4.0 kernel is much better and more improved then the old stock kernel even if it's almost the same date.

You have to search for other roms or boot.img's and find a boot.img that's smaller than 2 MB and that boots on your device and flash that together with the 4.1 kernel.

You can try the boot.img from this rom

Split the img file with RK3xxx_firmware_tools to get the boot.img.
                  Don't know if wifi will work correctly, it should.

Comment

Actually that particular one is MTK, not AP6210 but I know Tech1 has ap6210 roms too.

So... you're saying that even though my boot.img is "signed" (I believe this is the correct terminology) with 'KRNL', its still actually a boot.img with kernel compiled in? Even though supposedly any boot.img with KRNL at the beginning does not have a kernel in it? Weird.

Also, flashing it DID have am effect, total chaos!

Anyways, im going to play around with what you say (taking a small standalone boot.img and a standalone kernel.img and seeing if that works).

I will report back.

Comment

Sorry to keep you up Mo, but im having a small problem:

Using Segio's RK3xxx fw tools, I extract boot.img, but it also unpacks it into all its component parts (a bunch of files) and not an actual boot.img. When I try to simply build it back (which I imagine means turning it back into boot.img) it says there is a problem.

Any idea how to get it to give me just a boot.img?

Edit: Nevermind I found it! Its in the android folder. Woops!

Comment

No success..

Tech1's Boot.img is indeed smaller than 2 mb. I flashed it, along with the 4.1 kernel and now my device is booting directly into recovery no matter what. Thankfully i have the awesome TWRP by abdul and a full backup sitting on the sd card.

I see some differences in size of img's in Tech1's extracted rom img, but his parameter file is identical to the one I pulled from my dump. I thought maybe it was out of what because the address of the different partitions would be different based on their different sizes, but apparently not.

I've been learning alot lately but I still dont fully grasp it all, I guess.

Comment

No success..

Tech1's Boot.img is indeed smaller than 2 mb. I flashed it, along with the 4.1 kernel and now my device is booting directly into recovery no matter what. Thankfully i have the awesome TWRP by abdul and a full backup sitting on the sd card.

I see some differences in size of img's in Tech1's extracted rom img, but his parameter file is identical to the one I pulled from my dump. I thought maybe it was out of what because the address of the different partitions would be different based on their different sizes, but apparently not.

I've been learning alot lately but I still dont fully grasp it all, I guess.
                          Flash Tech1's AP6210 rom with the v1.7 app, then let it boot to the android homescreen.
                          Use Segio's RK3xxx fw tools to extract the different images of Tech1's AP6210 rom.
                          Load the extracted parameter file into RKAndroidTool v1.37 but don't tick the left side box.
                          Then load the 4.1 kernel and tick the left side box. This should be the only box ticked.
                          Click Flash ROM.
                          Let it boot for 5 minutes and then unplug from PC.

Comment

So... I have to use Tech1's rom to use another kernel?

I cant put this Kernel over the stock 04-23 rom?

Comment

Also I was confused by what you meant by "load parameter into RKflash tool" because I didnt know how to "load" it, per se, but now it occurs to me that perhaps you mean in the Nfs tab or RAM tab, and not the flash tab which is what ive been using this whole time?

Comment

Also I was confused by what you meant by "load parameter into RKflash tool" because I didnt know how to "load" it, per se, but now it occurs to me that perhaps you mean in the Nfs tab or RAM tab, and not the flash tab which is what ive been using this whole time?
                                No

You do it on the flash tab.
                                The check mark in the column before the address column must be checked for kernel.
                                Then you load the correct kernel by clicking on the 3 dots ... column corresponding to the kernel row and choose the 4.1 kernel on your PC.

Do the same for the extracted parameter file but don't mark the check box.

The reason I tell to use Tech1's AP6210 rom is because it is 100% compatible with these 4.1 kernels.
                                It should also work on your stock rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X