Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright. Some progress. I did what you said and it didnt go haywire rebooting and boot looping and what not.

It has rebooted a couple times though and when it finally does reach home screen, if I try to go into settings, the machine reboots.

What did you mean by let it boot for 5 minutes then unplug it? Is that whats going on right now? (it has to reboot several times?)

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post
      Alright. Some progress. I did what you said and it didnt go haywire rebooting and boot looping and what not.

It has rebooted a couple times though and when it finally does reach home screen, if I try to go into settings, the machine reboots.

What did you mean by let it boot for 5 minutes then unplug it? Is that whats going on right now? (it has to reboot several times?)
      You have to wait about 5 minutes before unplugging it from PC so that it installs all the drivers and gets the Android system ready to boot for the first time.

If you have regular reboots or freezing, then your power supply is at fault.
      Buy a new 3A power supply and the reboots, freezing will go away.

If nothing helps, try a new usb cable and flash from the beginning by also erasing IDB and flashing a complete rom.

Comment

No ive never had any reboots or freezing when on stock (or custom roms). Only this kernel is causing this for the first time. I dont think its the power supply or usb...

Alright, im done with this experiment for tonight. I need to get some sleep.

I appreciate the extreme amount of attention you've given me in trying to figure out this puzzle. I guess stock roms for it is, for now.

Thank you

Comment

Sorry guys - I've got a little time over the bank holiday weekend but I'm completely lost as to where I got to.

Can you remind me? I'd like to wrap up this thread and move on to S802 / RK3288 code
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Well, its probably not worth your time but..

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get one of these kernels to work on my CS968 running stock rom dated 04-23. I've flashed then together with supposeldy compatible boot.imgs but the best I can get is to get it to load, then upon clicking any app, a reboot.

Comment

Hi d33

You can't maybe do a test kernel for RK903 wifi for KitKat RK3066 MK808B Original?

Ugoos recently also released KitKat for dual-core TV Sticks and the KitKat rom runs great on my MK808B TV Stick except wifi. The supplied RK903 kernel contains the correct wifi driver but the GPIO Pins are different.
              Here are the GPIO Pins and more info
              MK808B (android) GPIO name,GPIO number,wifi on, bt on,wifi off, bt on,wifi on, bt off,wifi off, bt off,GPIO kernel name (3.0.8),GPIO kernel name (3.0.36) rk903_26M_rts,195,0,1,1,1,RK30_PIN1_PA3/UART_RTS,RK30_PIN1_PA3/UART_RTS sdmmc-power,263,1,1,1,1,RK30_PIN3_PA7,RK30_PIN3_PA7 mmc1-cmd,272,1,0,1...

I would like to know if you have noticed this thread about a temporary patch to make this wifi chip work. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6454-Temporary-RK903-Wifi-Patch-for-MK808B

Here is also an old config file for MK808B for linux, the boot setting can be changed to Android, and intramfs removed/commented out.
              Here is the config file for JB and a patch for JB, which shouldn't be neccesary for KitKat?

Is your beta KitKat kernel compatible with RK3066 devices or will this kernel boot
              https://github.com/linux-rockchip/ke...ip-3.0-rbox-kk??
              The RK3066 KitKat ROM has been released 26/03/2014.

Comment

I downloaded the 4.20 kernels and stripped the .config out. I then built HD versions but I can't upload to the FTP server!

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thats interesting 3066 kitkat ill test on the x5 and x5 mini if you want.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Thats interesting 3066 kitkat ill test on the x5 and x5 mini if you want.
                    I'm not going backwards to 3066 the same week we get rk3288 code!

Donate to Finless

Comment

good news on that! i think test boxes ready for june so hope to be able to test anything you make. Moe really interested in kitkat for 3066 so if see anything i can test on x5 or mini let me know.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ahhh - Neomode has just shown me my error

so - untested - but HD versions of the 4.2 tests here

(AP6220/AP6330 only)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                          Ahhh - Neomode has just shown me my error

so - untested - but HD versions of the 4.2 tests here

(AP6220/AP6330 only)
                          Thanks for this new v4.2 HD Test Kernel for TV-Box, however I have noticed that the link don't work?

BTW, I would like to know if you are planning to release later and will upload, the TV-Stick versions for SD and HD with AP6210?

What's new in this Latest v4.2??

Thanks for all your help and hard work!
                          Last edited by ulises1954; 05-25-2014, 02:09.

Comment

Hi d33

Your 4.1 kernel config files aren't compatible with https://github.com/linux-rockchip/ke...ip-3.0-rbox-kk anymore since the last commit that was merged.

It now shows 'pancake' device in menuconfig instead of RK3188 Box and the HDMI settings are different.
                            Is there are way to compile successfully?

Comment

Could my problem with kernels be do to a lack of "signing"? Shot in the dark, as i've barely even scratched the surface when it comes to understanding kernels, but its something ive read multiple times in multiple threads.

apparently a tool named rkcc is used to sign them but I am on windows and cannot run this.

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post
                                Could my problem with kernels be do to a lack of "signing"? Shot in the dark, as i've barely even scratched the surface when it comes to understanding kernels, but its something ive read multiple times in multiple threads.

apparently a tool named rkcc is used to sign them but I am on windows and cannot run this.
                                Only neccessary when you make your own kernels to make them boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X