Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for your effort.
    but when i try to play something it just displays the m8 s802 logo
    sound is there , tried all various settings in video acceleration still nogo

Comment

Getting stuck on Openlec icon

On Mx2 box, I finally installed the 5.0.3 after flashing firmware 1.1.6 also using bootloop file as It gave me lots of problems. Turned off my box last night and today its hung up on the openlec screen. Can someone show me how to resolve this situation.

Comment

I have also noticed that 23.97 files are showing as 59.99 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jönke View Post
          Play 23,976 movie and ssh
          cat /sys/class/display/mode

Should say 23hz.Not all tv Can do 23,976 fps
          Actually it shows 23Hz

Code:
          OpenELECm8:~ # cat /sys/class/display/mode
          1080p23hz
          Any ideas why video stutters?

Comment

still pvr issues

Just my luck :-/
            Kodi 14.1 still has pvr issues. I like channel changing speed in 13.2 so i`m forced to revert.
            Too bad, because in every other aspect 14.1 is a big improvement.

Just read that the second bug-squash round (14.2) is done where some pvr issues are resolved.
            That might be good news...

Comment

Originally posted by leobennz View Post
              On Mx2 box, I finally installed the 5.0.3 after flashing firmware 1.1.6 also using bootloop file as It gave me lots of problems. Turned off my box last night and today its hung up on the openlec screen. Can someone show me how to resolve this situation.
              The new Matricom Wiki page is coming soon!

Comment

Hi all,

Maybe someone already has a solution

Does anyone know what the problem is with OpenELEC 5.0.3 for M8 2GB and hardware decoding. When I playback movies with frequency 1920-1080@24Hz I get problems with my sound. M8 is connected trough HDMI to my amplifier. DTS 5.1 and DD 5,1 etc gives these problems. Sound cuts out every few seconds when I watch a movie with these soundtracks.

Problem is the same with CodeSnake M8 or Kerber S82 5.0.3 ROM. The Kerber build that I used for the M8 2GB is this one OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.3. Works well on the M8 2gb Have done every time a fresh installation of the different roms to test, but the problem persists.

In OpenELEC auto refresh frequency switching is on. I prefer movies playing at 1920-1080@24Hz.

Here I have asked the same question: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post283624

Thank you.

Last edited by shinysidewinder; 02-18-2015, 14:41. Reason: More information

Comment

Updating MX2 G18ref

Trying to update from 4.21 to the 5.03
                  tried putting the tar in the update folder and toothpick method
                  both time update appears to work,
                  but on first normal boot stops on the openelec logo centre screen
                  and a text message top left

starting debugging shell... type exit to quit#
                  cant access tty; job controlled turned off

any hints
                  thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by trapdoor_howie View Post
                    Trying to update from 4.21 to the 5.03
                    tried putting the tar in the update folder and toothpick method
                    both time update appears to work,
                    but on first normal boot stops on the openelec logo centre screen
                    and a text message top left

starting debugging shell... type exit to quit#
                    cant access tty; job controlled turned off

any hints
                    thanks in advance

Personally, for a major update like 4 to 5, I would get the full version and rebuild from scratch.

From the OpenElec Wiki:

The automatic update function will not make a major update from 4.0/4.2 software towards 5.0. Major updates are not done because major steps in versions can lead to unstable setups as too many settings have changed between the versions.
                    Last edited by Slappy; 02-18-2015, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                      Personally, for a major update like 4 to 5, I would get the full version and rebuild from scratch.

From the OpenElec Wiki:

The automatic update function will not make a major update from 4.0/4.2 software towards 5.0. Major updates are not done because major steps in versions can lead to unstable setups as too many settings have changed between the versions.
                      Tried that as well, after the update method failed, with same result

Comment

Problem with 3D on helix stable

I try the new helix stable version on M8 but when I try to watch 3D the device it shows like is disconnected and I turn it off & on again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy View Post

From the OpenElec Wiki:

I did an update with my Mx2 and seemed to run pretty good then I noticed I wasn't able to connect my labtop to my Mx2 so I could transfer some files. It would never connect. So I tried to down grade to 4.2.1 and it wouldnt down grade. Then when I did a Data wipe I got a message saying, not found customized data .tar.....skipping.

So I guess it would be better to flash our boxes with 5.0.3 instead of updating?

Comment

dvb-s2 HD H264 mpeg4 higbitrate channel

do anybody use dvb tuner with tvheadend on openelec.

Comment

do anybody use dvb tuner with tvheadend on openelec. can you watch any problem h264 HD channels with openelec. I have problem h264 mpeg4 hd channels on openelec.
                              I have any problem 0-6 mb/s hd amc-h264 channels but 6-20mb/s channels stutter every 20 second. that may be based amcodech or usb tuner connect host speed or cpu?

Comment

installed this on my acemax m8 with round remote. installs fine and boots up but causes my router to crash and my internet connection does not work until i unplug the ethernet wire from the box. when i flash an android build all is ok. any ideas on how to remedy the situation?

Comment

Working...
                                X