NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Is there anyway of making incompatible apps in the market compatible with my mx1. I tried changing in the build.prop to a Nexus S, but still apps like nba gametime are still not compatible

Comment

Originally posted by chali View Post
      Hello and thanks for a great software.

But I have a problem with it,
      When I use Nordic HBO app, I get error message that
      "Service is not available on this device Because it has been modified"
      Do you know how I can fix it? or do I need to go back to original firmware?

/ Chali
      Has anybody tried this rom with the HBO Go app? I have a friend coming to visit soon with a subscription and am wondering if we'll encounter the same issue.

Comment

IMDB

Installed the terrific IMDB app from the Play Store, but the text in this app displays so small that it's unreadable on this ROM. The IMDB app displays text properly on all every other Android device I've used it on. Any suggestions?

Comment

Thanks Finless

...for a terrific ROM.

Comment

Hi,

can't wait for the 1080p release but it seems the beta firmware from geekbuying is very laggy and buggy hope you can deal with it!

when do you think the next release will go? (just because I'm offering the stick for christmas, so if you think it won't be released before, I will prepare it now with all necessary apps, etc...)

thanks finless!

Comment

@finless

@finless

first: thx for this great rom!

i was wondering if it would be a lot of work to include more drivers into your rom?
              in my case it would be the driver for a usb->lan adapter (which i think would like to use many other people as well)

a link to the driver is : https://android.googlesource.com/ker...usb/smsc95xx.c

another link would be for the smsc chip: http://www.smsc.com/Products/USB/USB...9500A/Download

hope these are the files needed...sorry but i'm an absolute noob in this field...
              if you don't have time for that could you probebely give me a hint or tutorial how to do it? i'm not lazy... just unexperienced...
              thx for ur help and great work!

cheers,
              toby

Comment

XBMC external player

For those with high expectations, I think Bob has indicated that he is not going to do a new ROM until he gets the kernel code information from the manufacturer/retailer. So for all those asking, a new ROM may not ever be forthcoming. Just used Finless 1.4. Just an FYI.

I have not been able to get an xbmc android external player (MXplayer, BS player, etc.) working on the Imito Mx1 as workaround due to xbmc android lack of hardware decoding. Has anyone else tried, in order to get smooth 720 or 1080 playback, and been successful?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I gave up on XMBC linked to MX player and just use MX Player by itself. It has been flawless playing my 12gb+ 1080p movies from my NAS. Without H/D, XMBC is worthless for movies for now. The MFG code is really needed to move forward.

Comment

Thanks Bug--Is there a way to extract url from XBMC or navi-x?

Originally posted by Bug Splat View Post
                    I gave up on XMBC linked to MX player and just use MX Player by itself. It has been flawless playing my 12gb+ 1080p movies from my NAS. Without H/D, XMBC is worthless for movies for now. The MFG code is really needed to move forward.
                    The search functions in Navi-x and XBMC are great on the android stick HTPC. Do you know how we could extract (e.g. copy) the url which is found by xbmc to paste it in an external player? XBMC finds the url but does not display it anywhere I can find. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
                      For those with high expectations, I think Bob has indicated that he is not going to do a new ROM until he gets the kernel code information from the manufacturer/retailer. So for all those asking, a new ROM may not ever be forthcoming. Just used Finless 1.4. Just an FYI.

I have not been able to get an xbmc android external player (MXplayer, BS player, etc.) working on the Imito Mx1 as workaround due to xbmc android lack of hardware decoding. Has anyone else tried, in order to get smooth 720 or 1080 playback, and been successful?

Thanks in advance.
                      Have you used Lewy's guide? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-and-Download)

If you follow the YouTube link that he provides, there is a package that you can download that has everything you need. It's written for the MK808, but works great on a rooted MX1.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post

Thanks in advance.
                        Oh ok. Didn't see that.

For XBMC I didn't try yet, but found this link in order to use MX instead of native xbmc player:
                        There are official releases for neon and ICS+ devices over on xbmc.org. For Tegra2 / GB devices I'm likely not going to be working on them much, if at all going forward. I no longer have a Tegra2 or GB device and version 13 of the upstream code...

If I am on 29/11 rom from geekbuying (rooted one), can I swap directly to finless 1.4 by putting update file on SDcard?

thanks

Comment

Perfect!

Originally posted by ApocalypseSticks View Post
                          Have you used Lewy's guide? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-and-Download)

If you follow the YouTube link that he provides, there is a package that you can download that has everything you need. It's written for the MK808, but works great on a rooted MX1.

Gracias ApocalypseSticks. Will do!

Comment

Need to follow Finless 1.4 Instructions from Bob's earlier link.

Originally posted by bottedumal View Post
                            Oh ok. Didn't see that.

For XBMC I didn't try yet, but found this link in order to use MX instead of native xbmc player:
                            There are official releases for neon and ICS+ devices over on xbmc.org. For Tegra2 / GB devices I'm likely not going to be working on them much, if at all going forward. I no longer have a Tegra2 or GB device and version 13 of the upstream code...

If I am on 29/11 rom from geekbuying (rooted one), can I swap directly to finless 1.4 by putting update file on SDcard?

thanks
                            I do not think so, I think you have to follow Bob's instructions step by step, very easy to do though.

Comment

Sound stops working when playing games like GTA3

Seems my sound stops working right after I load GTA3 works fine after restart and then stops working again. Did not have this problem with previous rom. I am using your finless rom on my imito mx2

Ben

Comment

I can do a new ROM with the new 1080 kernel from Imito. But as people have said that kernel is a little laggy. There is only so much tuning I can do o help that (not much).

But if you all want I can whip somehting up for you all to try.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X