X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mghb;n523985]
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    why don't you port open hour 1.0.27 to beelink or hph?with 1.0.27 d true hd and dts master audio works perfect but bluetooth not.
    yes , open hour 1..0.27 is great with the spdif passthrough , but it has issues with bluetooth.... also the beelink R89 reboots whenever you try to switch it off......

Comment

Porting the OHC ROM will cause issues with
      HDMI_IN not working, Remote Control App not working, manufacturer settings etc.
      The OHC is an abandoned device and not updated anymore.
      Everyone is now porting UGOOS ROM's to their devices.

I will try to port the video player app with HD Audio but don't know if it will work because the OHC firmware files are a lot older than other devices firmware and might have compatibility problems.

Luckily Lollipop firmware is becoming a lot more stable and has vast audio/video playback improvements.
      That will solve all the audio issues.

Comment

Porting the OHC ROM will cause issues with
        HDMI_IN not working, Remote Control App not working, manufacturer settings etc.
        The OHC is an abandoned device and not updated anymore.
        Everyone is now porting UGOOS ROM's to their devices.

I will try to port the video player app with HD Audio but don't know if it will work because the OHC firmware files are a lot older than other devices firmware and might have compatibility problems.

Luckily Lollipop firmware is becoming a lot more stable and has vast audio/video playback improvements.
        That will solve all the audio issues.
        thanks mo123.
        we are waiting for your next firmware that supports hd audio too.

Comment

Hi mo123,
          I tested new rom and obtain some strange behaviour:

a) SPMC preinstalled don't work with hdmi passthrough
          b) home media center don't work with hdmi passthrough
          c) Kodi 14.0 alpha 4 preinstalled work well with passthrough
          d) Kodi 15.2 stable work with passthrough, but audio is not stable. Every few seconds fade away and return. It's a shame that this new version don't work as expected.
          e) Shutdown don't turn off my box, but simply reboot it.

Thank from Your effort.

Comment

The reboot on shutdown thing is likely down to the fact that people will be using non HPH RK3288 devices to use the ROM, so the kernel and resource files will not have the correct settings for other boxes.

You would need to flash the kernel and resource images for your particular box for such features to work.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by pirmar View Post
              Hi mo123,
              I tested new rom and obtain some strange behaviour:

a) SPMC preinstalled don't work with hdmi passthrough
              b) home media center don't work with hdmi passthrough
              c) Kodi 14.0 alpha 4 preinstalled work well with passthrough
              d) Kodi 15.2 stable work with passthrough, but audio is not stable. Every few seconds fade away and return. It's a shame that this new version don't work as expected.
              e) Shutdown don't turn off my box, but simply reboot it.

Thank from Your effort.
              Can you test this Kodi 15.1 with passthrough patch & Kodi 15.1 fron kodi.tv website?
              Do sound work the same or is one version better than the other?
              https://mega.nz/#!WxwjAZBR!KtVSfWLCP...pLL6-v442mjDGc
              http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk
              Then also test latest stable SPMC here
              http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...&id=Za7c7uitXV

Make sure you use the same sound settings for each version.
              In Android Settings - HDMI Bitstream Enabled
              In Kodi - Passthrough enabled

Also test MXPlayer with DTS codec downloaded in it's settings.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                You would need to flash the kernel and resource images for your particular box for such features to work.
                Thanks, I'll test this when the rom will be stable. I boot roms from sd and is not a problem change kernel and resource.

Comment

Can you test this Kodi 15.1 with passthrough patch & Kodi 15.1 fron kodi.tv website?
                  I think i can test kodi versions suggested and SPMC this evening. I'll provide results as soon as possible.

Comment

Do sound work the same or is one version better than the other?
                    https://mega.nz/#!WxwjAZBR!KtVSfWLCP...pLL6-v442mjDGc
                    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk
                    Then also test latest stable SPMC here
                    http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...&id=Za7c7uitXV

Make sure you use the same sound settings for each version.
                    In Android Settings - HDMI Bitstream Enabled
                    In Kodi - Passthrough enabled

Also test MXPlayer with DTS codec downloaded in it's settings.
                    1) kodiapp-15.1-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk. Passthrough don't work
                    2) kodi-15.1.1-Isengard-armeabi-v7a. Passthrough work, but with sound fade and return problem
                    3) SPMC 15.0. Passthrough don't work
                    4) MX Player with dolby 5.1 test file: Only internal sound with hw+ and software codec (Normal stereo sound on amplifier). With hw codec only noise like using kodiapp-15.1-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk and SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by pirmar View Post

1) kodiapp-15.1-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk. Passthrough don't work
                      2) kodi-15.1.1-Isengard-armeabi-v7a. Passthrough work, but with sound fade and return problem
                      3) SPMC 15.0. Passthrough don't work
                      4) MX Player with dolby 5.1 test file: Only internal sound with hw+ and software codec (Normal stereo sound on amplifier). With hw codec only noise like using kodiapp-15.1-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk and SPMC
                      Please test this ROM.
                      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Change different sound settings in Android - Default,SPDIF,HDMI Bitstream and test
                      the different Kodi,SPMC, MXPlayer & default 'Video' Player.

Comment

mo123
                        RockChip released their R-Box 3288 SDK today and with this, their current work for RK3368. Not sure if this SDK is also for the RK3368 box or not. http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/...id_lollipop/en

Comment

Originally posted by cappybob View Post
                          mo123
                          RockChip released their R-Box 3288 SDK today and with this, their current work for RK3368. Not sure if this SDK is also for the RK3368 box or not. http://wiki.t-firefly.com/index.php/...id_lollipop/en
                          Yes, I saw it.
                          Do you perhaps know if someone compiled the SDK and have an update.img(or separate img's) ready to upload?
                          Can you upload the kernel folder, I see the separate kernel folder in bitbucket is older than the one in the LP SDK?
                          I will try to download later but will take several hours for the full file.
                          Do you know how to get HD Audio RKVideoPlayer patch from Firefly/T-Chip or other company perhaps?

Comment

mo123
                            Will do what I can tomorrow in the afternoon. There is an image for 5.1 in the wiki download, images from wico have aiways been separate boot.img and kernel.img. Haven,t checked yet, I will though. Will upload the Kernel rk3288 box sdk for you, I have several accounts available. Also there are several files available for the Tronsmart RK3368 SDK in this RockChip build. Bedtime

not a problem--cappybob

Comment

mo123

Found time tonight RK3288 kernel 5.1 SDK 148M https://mega.nz/#!iU0AlByJ!iTBOYhzkN...pqAx3OG4NBkG1Q. let me know if works, for all others will keep posted on Mega until Head Commit changes.

later cappybob

Comment

Originally posted by cappybob View Post
                                mo123

Found time tonight RK3288 kernel 5.1 SDK 148M https://mega.nz/#!iU0AlByJ!iTBOYhzkN...pqAx3OG4NBkG1Q. let me know if works, for all others will keep posted on Mega until Head Commit changes.

later cappybob
                                Thanks
                                Now I can try to use it with the Tronsmart RK3368 SDK I already have.

Do you perhaps know what difference there can be between Tronsmart 100mbps & 1gbps lan version, as they only released 100mbps lan version SDK?
                                Is it a simple kernel driver or build option in config file?
                                Don't think Tronsmart will release a new SDK to the public again.
                                At least Firefly helps people a lot.
                                Will try to compare Firefly(should have 1gbps driver) & Tronsmart kernel(only 100mbps driver).

Already build a custom ROM for HPH NT-V8 RK3368 device and it's running very smooth now.
                                Will try to make a custom kernel boot also now & for RK3288 HPH NT-V6(which is very similar to Firefly).

I still need a compiled update.img for RK3288 from Firefly Lollipop source, will wait for someone to upload.

Comment

Working...
                                X