Lollipop - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay thanks.
    it's too bad because with kodi it's very close (the sound gap are very short... but enough to be enoying).

Comment

to sir wasser and bluesmanuk , kindly check https://youtu.be/e1RRnZREU94
      sorry in advance for the horrible upload.

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
        to sir wasser and bluesmanuk , kindly check https://youtu.be/e1RRnZREU94
        sorry in advance for the horrible upload.
        How to check if NBC has removed your video on copyright grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

How to check if NBC has removed your video on copyright grounds?

This is always a lottery, especially when you see how many videos there are on Youtube that would technically require removing on copyright grounds.

This is an interesting article worth reading.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

https://yadi.sk/i/pmIZnCDIjMCns (wasser lollipop rc3 spdif passthrough on beelink R89 test) video sample

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
              https://yadi.sk/i/pmIZnCDIjMCns (wasser lollipop rc3 spdif passthrough on beelink R89 test) video sample
              Can you show a picture of the beelink R89 SPDIF connection in low light? Usually you can see the fiber optic light bleeding through the connection when SPDIF is enabled.
              Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Hi all,

lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.0 rc4 is released. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.

Enjoy and don't forget to post feedbacks

Thanks,

Wasser
                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Verry nice ROM for tronsmart R28, is working perfect no lag, video playback excelent,
                  it would be nice to make in future rom`s the stock ir remote to work with this box.

Thank you for your work!

Comment

RC4 = AWESOME!

RC4 has SPDIF 5.1 audio and HDMI 5.1 audio but you have to pick the correct passthrough options in the Sound Manager. The default sound option in Sound Manager is smart enough to detect HDMI audio or SPDIF audio as the source but it won't automatically handle passthrough 5.1, which is not a problem. Plenty of people know to change the sound options manually if they want passthrough 5.1.

I did my testing using MX Player over my Samba network. RC4 provides a HUGE improvement for streaming with MX Player. There is no longer lag or broken audio at the beginning when playing 40GB MKV files.

I did prove that my Pioneer and Yamaha receivers were truly using SPDIF. I unplugged the SPDIF connection while playing the movie and the audio died as expected. The audio returned when I plugged it in. I also noticed that my SPDIF connector was bleeding the normal light you you see from the female SPDIF connector. I didn't see that light with RC3.

The bad news is that Wasser Kodi Lollipop still has audio dropouts on passthrough 5.1. wasser Can you see if you can fix Wasser Kodi Lollipop please?
                    Last edited by amclean123; 09-29-2015, 21:03.

Comment

RC4 feedback

No audio through SPDIF. If I select it in the sounds device manager, audio is routed through HDMI for some video files but 5.1 gives no sound unless I revert to default output.

The big issue for me is not being able to login to my Google account.

I get the prompt for the email address but when I click next for the password it doesn't go there.

But:

Video playback through the default internal player is flawless and the real bonus is perfect 10 bit video playback, which no other ROM or device has managed to do to date, so that is a massive bonus.

And when I say flawless, I mean with every single file that the internal player is able to play.

To my eyes colour reproduction has also been improved to give what I would describe as a perfect picture too, which is also evident in the main UI, where everything is sharper and more vivid.

Update: With the Google account to get to the password I have to click Go but after entering the password and clicking Go again, the agree to terms of service screen only has just the Accept option, which doesn't do anything when selected.

Update: I re-flashed and can now get to the account so further testing to be done now.

MX Player - Faultless video playback except for any .TS file, where I saw major stuttering and for no apparent reason the Planet Earth from Pole to Pole just had a black screen and although this is MKV,all of my other MKV files play perfectly. Likewise a particular MP4 file that just had a black screen. I will investigate to see if there is any correlation between the files that don't play. 10 bit videos play perfectly here too.

Youtube - Fine micro stutter at 720p or 1080p in certain panning shots so this is no change from before but otherwise excellent.

SPMC 14/2 - Micro stuttering across a range of files and no 10 bit support but these results were expected.

iPlayer - Perfect.

Kodi 15.1 - Fine micro stuttering on some files but perfect playback on others. No correlation between the files that do have micro stutters. No 10 bit support (as expected)

WiFi and Ethernet are their usual fast selves.

UI is fluid and responsive as ever.

Sometimes the mouse cursor does things without me even moving the mouse but I shall have to look deeper into that in case batteries are low or there is some 2.4Ghz interference.

Whilst I can't get SPDIF I am blown away by the vibrancy, depth and colour reproduction of the video and to see 10 bit videos playing bought quite the smile to my face.

Excellent and another step closer to the perfect Android experience

Last edited by bluesmanuk; 09-29-2015, 21:41.

Comment

Great rom,perfect playback.
                        Usb microphone still does not work properly.
                        Otg port not working.
                        Thanks wasser!

Comment

You can see here that the SPDIF is working just fine with RC4 with the Tronsmart r28 meta. The red light is a good indication. SPDIF 5.1 passthrough works with Wasser Kodi too but the audio cuts out. The audio cuts out with HDMI audio 5.1 passthrough as well. So far MX Player is the best player (even over the network) for RC4.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario023 View Post
                            Great rom,perfect playback.
                            Usb microphone still does not work properly.
                            Otg port not working.
                            Thanks wasser!
                            it's strange, Usb microphone and otg works fine for me. Which device do you have?
                            Can someone please test Usb microphone and otg and let me know the results?

Thanks
                            http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

I have Tronsmart meta.
                              For OTG I'm sure does not work.
                              For microphone I'm not sure,did not work in Skype,I will chek tomorow and contacting.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                                You can see here that the SPDIF is working just fine with RC4 with the Tronsmart r28 meta. The red light is a good indication. SPDIF 5.1 passthrough works with Wasser Kodi too but the audio cuts out. The audio cuts out with HDMI audio 5.1 passthrough as well. So far MX Player is the best player (even over the network) for RC4.

Very strange.

I have the red light and it works with other ROM's.

What revision board do you have?

Comment

Working...
                                X