RK3368 04/2017 True Octacore Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Shomari,
    i just test your rom 2 (03/2017) for the HDMI Bitstream on i68G with kodi 18 master / SPMC / FTMC
    and the sound doesn't works.

Comment

Originally posted by shivattaque View Post
      I Shomari,
      i just test your rom 2 (03/2017) for the HDMI Bitstream on i68G with kodi 18 master / SPMC / FTMC
      and the sound doesn't works.
      Thanks for testing and letting us know; when you say the sound 'doesn't work' I assume you mean the IEC passthrough audio that RK still hasn't properly worked out, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Jura46 View Post
        Does not start
        I double checked and it started for me each time, that's strange. Thanks for testing and letting us know.

Comment

RAW and IEC in KODI, SPMC and FTMC Hdmi Bitstream not works.

But again it works in the rom HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.6 by mo123
          (Kodi 18 master)

Comment

RAW and IEC in KODI, SPMC and FTMC Hdmi Bitstream not works.

But again it works in the rom HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.6 by mo123
            (Kodi 18 master)
            Everything looks fine from the logs, and bitstream works to the TV, maybe it's different to the receiver. I'll rework it for the next update but there's not much I'll be able to do differently as far as my own tests of course, since I don't have an audio receiver to test with. I go by the logs which of course look fine.

Comment

log : HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.6
              Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

The picture does not always work well but the sound goes, if it can help.

The log of your ROM :
              Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
              Last edited by shivattaque; 03-11-2017, 08:52.

Comment

log : HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.6

The picture does not always work well but the sound goes, if it can help.

The log of your ROM :
                http://pastebin.com/KJ820qGq

Thanks a lot for the logs; I double checked and now I'm getting the same behavior you are with IEC and pass through audio. I must've done something last minute that caused it. I'll reupload a new version specifically focusing on IEC audio. Thanks again!
                Last edited by Shomari; 03-11-2017, 14:07.

Comment

I also try the new version HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow 1.2,
                  and the results speak for themselves it seems to me that the ICE
                  are the solution.

Comment

I think you mean IEC 61937, the public audio standard supported by RK3368 and implemented in Kodi 17 forward.

I've been keeping an eye on your tests with the Nagrace firmwares; it's clear - as I've already known from other sources - that RK has failed to properly implement the standard in its sources.

I have no plans to support anything but the public standards in any firmware I upload; in other words, no RKcodec or any other private api support at all, as it's detrimental and wholly unviable for the future.

Comment

yes sorry, IEC.
                      no problem, i wait FTMC with Kodi 17 / 18 for this support.
                      Last edited by shivattaque; 03-11-2017, 20:21.

Comment

Alright guys, due to bad sources from RK, there's currently no firmware that implements IEC pass through audio ​​without breaking video playback (audio/video sync). I've tested many builds that correctly initialize the audio sink with HD audio, but they all butcher video playback.

We'll see what happens going forward.

Comment

Maybe new 3399 have some code changes that help in those respects we see once firmware starts rolling out.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Maybe new 3399 have some code changes that help in those respects we see once firmware starts rolling out.
                            I've been reviewing what's been sent to me, so far I can tell you guys that RK is putting its resources into its private RKcodec solution instead of mediacodec and it shows. They could've easily implemented IEC HD audio by now, but they're still of the idea that RKcodec is a viable alternative to public standards (which is laughable at best) and it doesn't look good for RK3368 unless something in their outlook changes in a significant way and that looks less and less likely as time goes on.

I have no problem critiquing them (or any vendor) for this practice because I'm fully independent of any chipset/vendor interest. I strongly urge caution to anyone following the dead end RKcodec 'support' trail. There are literally NO products that will bend to RK's will on this - none.

It's public standards or bust for the RK3368 (and all other RK products) as it should be.

Just to be clear: users should not have to rely on any brand specific or chip specific solution to attain IEC HD audio capabilities with RK3368; IEC 61937 is already the standard built into the hardware - RK simply needs to un-gimp the RK3368 to allow it to fully utilize its hardware potential with proper fimrware. Any crippling of the chip by locking IEC 61937 audio support into RKMC (and branded RKMC builds such as we see around here) should be seen as nothing less than an affront against users.

You'll never see, for instance, Kodi or Netlix, or any other software cater to RK's arrogant stance on public apis, and guess who's losing in the long run? The user.

Comment

Here's the March update, I forgot to upload it:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Contains updated libs and backported MM features continuing from version 2. Like all my other updates, it's my daily driver.

Comment

Hi Shomari ,

i tried your Rom on my UT4 i was able too boot but no Wifi and BT.I really like your Bootanimation , is it posssible to upload it that i can use it if possible for my Device.

Why do u not use MM for your Roms ???

have a nice Day

Greetings

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X