No announcement yet.

RK3368 04/2017 True Octacore Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/DBOX].. yes, sorry for the confusion, remember guys, the builds I posted in the audio test thread are separate. My running builds (in this thread) do not have IEC audio yet. I won't add that until RK gets it sorted out or I get a receiver, whichever comes first. There's still much confusion about what formats work with what receiver, etc. We know the chip can do IEC 61937, we just don't know what RK is going to finally settle on as far as functionality. Same old same old...

I'm working on enhancing the memory buffers further, I've gotten DDR performance back to what it was when I had it peaked. There's still more to be done. Soon I'm going to stop the enhancements and focus on porting; and the sole bug (reboot/shutdown from power menu doesn't function)

Stability at this point is rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
      Hi Shomari and fellow RK3368 users,

The v2 resource port made your firmware boot my device and i must say its fasssssst.
      .... that's what these builds are all about. SPEED. Getting the most performance while remaining stable. I'm actually surprised most of you can run these with stock power supplies.

So does everyone finally agree there's no reason to run these RK3368 @ 312mhz and that heat just isn't an issue on almost all the TV boxes using RK3368 - even at 1608mhz - on all eight cores?

When I'm done with these builds, I'm going to upload the 1752mhz ones. You'll see those run perfectly fine, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        Everyone using i68/R68 and ap6330 devices please flash V2 and this resource and let me know if it works on your devices. Trying to port it over. Please use the images provided and only flash this resource to test the port and report back. Thanks in advance
        Hi Shomari, for my beelink i68 100M, the resource doesn't works
        MK808B K.I.A.
        MK908 Finless ROM 1.7a + Mele F10
        CR11S Quickshot V3.1, 720p kernel @1,7GHz, GPU600, DDR720 + Mele F10
        MK902 Quickshot V3.1 1080p @1,8 GHz, GPU 600, DDR720 + Mele F10
        GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Originally posted by sonoman View Post

Hi Shomari, for my beelink i68 100M, the resource doesn't works
          Did you flash version 2 from first post, then flash the resource? That's the only way it'll work, won't work if you mix/split the images any other way..

Comment

i flashed v2 with v2 resource wifi wont turn on

Comment

I'll begin porting v2 to different devices soon. If you want your wireless, etc. to be fully supported post your device and wifi chipset (e.g. AP6330) and I'll update your resource filea.

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                i flashed v2 with v2 resource wifi wont turn on
                ...can you please try http://ge.tt/3l46O4j2

Comment

...can you please try http://ge.tt/3l46O4j2
                  It didn't work for me either... tomorrow i will open the box to see the wifi chip
                  MK808B K.I.A.
                  GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

It didn't work for me either... tomorrow i will open the box to see the wifi chip
                    ... no need, I'll reconfigure the pins and reupload. Just be patient, everything will be ported soon. Once everything is ported, I'll get back into developing and enhancing the firmware from v2 forward.

Comment

Try this please. If it fails, let me know at what point. For example, if it boots but no wireless, doesn't boot, etc.

Comment

ill confirm later tonight after work

Comment

Try this please. If it fails, let me know at what point. For example, if it boots but no wireless, doesn't boot, etc.
                          neither works... the 3 resources i tried, boot but no wifi
                          MK808B K.I.A.
                          GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Would this work on a RKM MK68? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
                              Would this work on a RKM MK68? Thanks.
                              I honestly have no idea, there's so many devices. Give it a shot and let us know. Version 1.5 is probably your best bet..

Comment

For those lacking wireless on version 2 please try this fix and let us know if it does a proper port of your wireless functions. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X