RK3368 04/2017 True Octacore Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomari View Post

That's one of the later RK3368 boxes, right?

I'll make a version for your device and upload it in the next few days. I don't know where the buttons are on that box but the flash process is the same as every other RK device.
    If u are able to do that i will thank you alot. This box is really unstable. It freezes alot. Ill be waitting for good news from u. I am total blind about how to flash it, root it or put a custom recovery in this box.

Comment

miiike the stock firmware is most likely already rooted. Use Simple Reboot to boot to bootloader https://m.apkpure.com/simple-reboot-...ple.reboot.com

If you'd like you can then flash my firmware (use version 2.0) and that'll give you a chance to see how it runs and if anything needs adjusting for your TV box.

I saw a review for that box and it had an anTuTu score of 25K and the apps kept crashing over and over and the overall firmware looked completely unusable. Ridiculous they sell it like that.

Comment

Turns out there's allot of users with low storage devices having 8gb of storage space.

I'll add in the ability to move apps to the SD card natively through the system. I had it in before but took it out when users complained about not having 'unified storage' - which in all actuality all it did was break custom recovery support and add not much of value.

Upcoming releases will most likely return to the custom recovery compatible format and include ability to move apps to SD. That's an actual helpful feature for users with TV boxes that have low storage space.

Comment

Hi Shomari. A week ago i installed you newest rom and said that the tv box is switching off when i watch iptv. Yesterday i flashed newest rom again and guess what- its working, no more shut downs. What i did different this time - in android tool b4 flashing the rom i erased flash . when system booted i did all settings and then unplugged device for couple of minutes. Last night left the box run iptv . This morning box was still playing iptv. Mesuared surface temperature, guess what...it was cooler then i went to bed last night.. You did a great job, . The only issue is with Mele f10 pro airmouse. Its working good except the microphone..cant use voice search, it does
          not work. And i soundabout apk if i change sound output to usb host whichis remote...no sound is comming out from remote.It was working b4 on some fw...cant remember one which one. Is it possible to fix that?

Comment

Guest glad it's working for you, but I don't recommend that version (assuming you're talking about the one I made for 4PDA?)

That version isn't as well tuned as the version 2 series. It was done to fix the inability to reboot/power off the tv box using the UI, but the effects of the fix are too drastic in terms of performance and stability for my tastes, and will be reverted going forward.

The number one recommendation I make for anyone running my firmware is get a stronger power supply. Abrupt shutdowns are caused by weak power supplies, there is NO throttling or overheat protections in my firmware. I took all of RK's throttling mechanisms apart a long time ago in the early stages of the project, in order to facilitate the cpu hack.

Please download Logcat Extreme and create logs when attempting to use voice input and I'll work to incorporate a solution.

Comment

Guest also, you may have already tried this, but if you're running a Z4, plug your Mele receiver into the rear USB (full size) instead of the side one. That's where I plug my USB cams and they work fine.

USB cams are also broken in the latest upload (tagged 4PDA), something I noticed in my own testing.

As soon as I get some time I'll upload the update.

Comment

Guest also, you may have already tried this, but if you're running a Z4, plug your Mele receiver into the rear USB (full size) instead of the side one. That's where I plug my USB cams and they work fine.

USB cams are also broken in the latest upload (tagged 4PDA), something I noticed in my own testing.

As soon as I get some time I'll upload the update.
                Ok Shomari, i will wait for an update and then will work from there.

Comment

miiike the stock firmware is most likely already rooted. Use Simple Reboot to boot to bootloader https://m.apkpure.com/simple-reboot-...ple.reboot.com

If you'd like you can then flash my firmware (use version 2.0) and that'll give you a chance to see how it runs and if anything needs adjusting for your TV box.

I saw a review for that box and it had an anTuTu score of 25K and the apps kept crashing over and over and the overall firmware looked completely unusable. Ridiculous they sell it like that.
                  Thx man, Im going to check if its rooted and give it a try. I'll feedback later

Comment

Guest here's the April update for the AP6335 devices https://mega.nz/#!bNwFDBjS!4mfrgm8C6...q2X8Wy1h2u3YC0

Highly recommended to update to this version.

Comment

Both my test boxes use 5v 4a power supplies.

Do you need 4 amps of juice to run them? Probably not. But I had to do it that way to be sure to eliminate any variables concerning adequate power during early debugging.

I don't get a single shutdown with these power supplies. With the stock power supply I would get shutdowns here and there, especially during benchmarking when all threads are stressed.

Comment

Hi Shomari ,

The 5V/4A PowerSupply is needed for overclocking or can it used with a stock Device too .

Must the FW be changed for that ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

They can be used with stock firmware. I use them specifically with the overclocked firmware (especially the true octacore builds) to make sure there's enough current (amps). But you can always use it on any box despite the firmware, the device will only draw the current it needs, there's no harm or issue caused.

RK3368 is actually pretty power efficient compared to the RK3066 or RK3188/RK3288. Because at least some people can even run these octacore builds with the stock power supply, something that's always surprised me.

Comment

Hi Shomari! With a new update got few shut downs, Watching iptv and running antutu benchm. When the box was cold , got antutu score 42500. But when the box was working for while, then its not possible to finish antutu bench, box just shuts down.(will try to get a stronger power adapter). Box freezes when i want to reboot it or shut down in reboot apk. The lan is not working. One more thing - when the box wasnt working for a while, just slightly pressing power button, box boots just fine. But if there was a unexpected shut down, to start a box have to hold power button few seconds to boot the box, utherwise slightly pressing the button blue led coms on an straight away goes to red led and box doesnt boot. Thats it so far

Comment

Originally posted by dincis1 View Post
                              Hi Shomari! With a new update got few shut downs, Watching iptv and running antutu benchm. When the box was cold , got antutu score 42500. But when the box was working for while, then its not possible to finish antutu bench, box just shuts down.(will try to get a stronger power adapter). Box freezes when i want to reboot it or shut down in reboot apk. The lan is not working. One more thing - when the box wasnt working for a while, just slightly pressing power button, box boots just fine. But if there was a unexpected shut down, to start a box have to hold power button few seconds to boot the box, utherwise slightly pressing the button blue led coms on an straight away goes to red led and box doesnt boot. Thats it so far
                              You have the Z4, I'll upload the proper version for your box.

And yes, as I posted earlier, there will be no more builds with the power menu fix for now. In other words, any user that absolutely needs to be able to reboot from a live system shouldn't run these builds, because you won't be able to initiate reboot from the UI at all.

I'll probably do one or two builds with the reboot function fixed alongside the builds that don't, and users can choose between the two.

Comment

Guest here's a full Z4 port in two variations. One is the true octacore kind: http://ge.tt/9MIlMgj2

The second is the overclocked kind but with the power menu fix, all cores running at 1608 but with separate clusters: http://ge.tt/7GKnMgj2

You won't lose any data flashing the images in the archives provided. For each variation flash both the kernel and resource in the archive.

These files are targeted for the Z4, all your components will function correctly. Please let me know if there's any screen artifacts, someone on 4PDA once said there was screen banding on their device with the earlier (power menu fix) build. I've altered the frame buffer and uboot configurations and may need to revisit them if any additional reports of that come in.

Also please let me know the results of your Mele mic test. (I think it was you that mentioned it)

These will also work for devices with AP6330 wireless chips.

Comment

Working...
                                X