Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/32 and 3/16 - SCV3A-ATV Version (DDR3 ONLY)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
    @superceleron how did you enable 4K Youtube Support ? would save me some digging for a device i have coming
    it should be working, but only on 4k tv's...

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

it should be working, but only on 4k tv's...
      Yeah that's not what I'm saying, I'm asking how you enabled it in your rom so I can on a similar device I've been working on (same Soc) I have a 4k TV.

Save me time looking at differences, been working with android a long time so you can be brief.

edit:

I have done all the ATV stuff only thing i'm missing is 4k YouTube. I even have the ATV bbc iPlayer app working from the shield which is exclusive to that.

I Thought spoofing the device to certified ATV would do it but hasn't mad a difference.
      Last edited by tillaz87; 04-19-2017, 19:04.

Comment

What device it is?
        Same soc you say... hmm do the firmware supports hw VP9 decode?
        Because 4k youtube only works on 4k tv and if the box supports hw VP9 decode!

Comment

What device it is?
          Same soc you say... hmm do the firmware supports hw VP9 decode?
          Because 4k youtube only works on 4k tv and if the box supports hw VP9 decode!
          Only reason i ask is because in your most recant changelog you say "Added 4K Youtube Support"
          I was just wondering what changes you made to add that ?

Or are you saying its like that by default in this boxes stock firmware ?

With ​​​​​s912 supporting 4k + VP9 i just thought the codec would be in all those boxes as VP9 is open source as far as I know.

I know it only works on 4k tv. that goes without saying. could you tell me the changes you made for "Added 4K Youtube Support" in your last update ?

​​​​
          Last edited by tillaz87; 04-20-2017, 00:54.

Comment

Only reason i ask is because in your most recant changelog you say "Added 4K Youtube Support"
            I was just wondering what changes you made to add that ?

Or are you saying its like that by default in this boxes stock firmware ?

With ​​​​​s912 supporting 4k + VP9 i just thought the codec would be in all those boxes as VP9 is open source as far as I know.

I know it only works on 4k tv. that goes without saying. could you tell me the changes you made for "Added 4K Youtube Support" in your last update ?

​​​​
            well that is a secret lol i cant share all out there...
            LOL
            Now for real... if you did a proper ATV conversion you have 4k out of the box simple as that!
            If you dint, well that is a problem....
            Other problem is the kernel on some S912 devices that have VP9 hw broken... if you see my mecool bb2 pro rom topic you see what i mean by that!
            I really dont like to discuse my changes, i like to make ppl think and make it work for the joy of they finish themselves the stuff or finish themselves the problem.
            But i do give tips...
            From the kernel tip above, here's another to see if your conversion if good.
            in Youtube go to settings and enable the statistics, then play a 4k video and see what codec is used...

Comment

Never mind got it working now. Sorry for asking I'm just used to working in open source community's I don't have any intention of releasing any ROM its just for personal use. used to do all that years ago on modaco and XDA so I understand why you don't really want share to much on how you did something.

Comment

Never mind got it working now. Sorry for asking I'm just used to working in open source community's I don't have any intention of releasing any ROM its just for personal use. used to do all that years ago on modaco and XDA so I understand why you don't really want share to much on how you did something.
                Glad you understand!
                But really was not that hard to make it work dint it!?

Comment

tillaz atomicmod custom rom on my hauwei g300, remember it well

Comment

google voice search should work in kodi if you install Kodi 18 Leia Alpha

Comment

Any way of auto hiding notifications top bar and bottom nav bar on this version,

Comment

Originally posted by Jake360 View Post
                        Any way of auto hiding notifications top bar and bottom nav bar on this version,
                        Auto hide, nop... but long press menu button and you can hide/show it!

Comment

How can i find out which version im using and if theres an update for it?

Comment

Go to settings scroll down and click about the tablet

Comment

Can this be flashed to my RBOX PRO 3G?
                              I hate the rom on mine, sooooooooo slow.
                              Best wishes

Comment

Flashed just to see if it would work on rbox pro 3g and it does, wifi and bluetooth also.
                                Burnt with imgtool thou did not untick erasebootlaoder.
                                Went into settings and SC settings and activate root no issues.
                                Fast adn everything seems to work well, THOU the layout is not to my liking, i prefer normal launcher and would like normal play store as it does not have my apps i use in list.

Comment

Working...
                                X