No announcement yet.

[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I finally got it! I had to use the bridge method between 29-30 pins.
    It works all properly and is really fast!

The only thing I can say is that I have problems with the app AndroidTv (and other similary) installed on my nexus 6p, It recognizes the mxq pro, the application asks for the pairing code, but as soon as I log back on the home screen.
    Also, some apps tend to restart, especially IPTVs.

and.... Kodi is really fast!

Compliment Coolio !!! Thank's for your job!

p.s. In the system settings, the "remote control" has no settings.
    Last edited by santpir; 05-26-2017, 09:47.

Comment

Just registered to thank you cOOLio.
      Installed on MXV

Problem : I can see only 1 gb of RAM (i got 2gb installed)
      Last edited by plo; 05-28-2017, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by plo View Post
        Just registered to thank you cOOLio.
        Installed on MXV

Problem : I can see only 1 gb of RAM (i got 2gb installed)
        I can confirm the bug with aida64 app.
        It show only 1Gb of ram.

May be we need to change the dtb file like openelec http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/device_trees/ ?

Comment

If I start flashing in your way, flashing stops after a few seconds: Erase bootloader/Lowper/Idendify/error result. This happened many times. What can I do? Box= MXQ Pro, p201

OK, I solved it. After shut down and restarting windows, it´s working fine
          Last edited by superduck; 05-31-2017, 11:20.

Comment

Thanks Coolio! I used the sd card method and had to delete my wpa supplicant conf file to get my wifi working. MXQ PRO. Anyone know how to add controller support to this device? Controller works in libre elec though!

Comment

Originally posted by jydogg969 View Post
              Thanks Coolio! I used the sd card method and had to delete my wpa supplicant conf file to get my wifi working. MXQ PRO. Anyone know how to add controller support to this device? Controller works in libre elec though!
              Same issue here.... Using RTL8189ETV chip. Works fine in Libre but not in 2.5.

I do have complete backup of p201 firmware if you would like to take a look at it.

Thanks,
              Dustin T

Comment

So I've installed this ROM and installed it and it works good. But I wanted to go back to stock one and test something out. When I hit the "AV" (reset button) on my MXQ Pro to get into recovery mode (like I did to install this ROM) it doesn't boot into that mode. It just loads directly into this ROM. How can I get it to boot back into recovery mode?

Comment

I wonder if this rom works with 1gb devices? Thanks.

Comment

Can I use the 720p kernel?1G memory open, Kodi playback video will flash back ,The kernel of 1080p is small for 1G memory

Comment

Is it possible that this rom is compatible with my MXQ Pro+ Box? It's 2/16GB with S905 CPU and AP6330 (Broadcom BCM4330) Wifi Module. Is it worth a try or it would just brick my device? Thanks

Comment

I really like this ROM. Everything is working with my MXQ Pro (CS_905MXQ_V1.0 with RTL8189ETV) except the remote, which I'll have to grab the conf file out of the stock rom.

Quick question. is it possible to convert the ROM back to normal Android and not Android TV? I prefer the regular UI over the TV one. I found instructions to convert to Android TV but wasn't sure if it's just as simple as reversing the steps.

This video is a demonstration of how a Chinese TV box that cost around $70 can run Android TV smoothly even when it's not Google certified. https://www.youtube.com

Comment

hey i have a mxq pro 4k s905 and my ethernet dont work now ... it doesnt get automatically detected like with the stock rom before... how can i fix it?
                          Last edited by rewas; 07-12-2017, 10:03.

Comment

Hey there.
                            This ROM is almost fully working on Nexbox A95X S905 (1Gb/8Gb) as it is.
                            The box uses the RTL8189 wifi chipset and it boots fine, but the remote is not working.

I have been customizing it and imported the remote configuration from the official a95x rom and managed to get almost everything working.
                            I do have a problem with the powerled. When booting from a shutdown/reboot the blue led is not turning ON but if I do a sleep/wake with the remote it turns on the Led.
                            Any idea what I can do about it?

Also, can I have your permission to share my custom ROM when I am finished? With credits for cOOLIO of course.
                            Last edited by satanuke; 08-30-2017, 13:01.

Comment

I have MXQ Pro 4k blue board, "MXQ Pro 20160118 V02". Can I switch on and off with default remote with cOOLIO's rom? With default ROM it isn't working.

Comment

zidoo x5 720p kernel You can directly brush kodi dts hd 7.1 ok

Comment

Working...
                                X