Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

undervoltage won't make the device slower.
    underclock will.
    so i guess that the other rom is just underclocked.

underclock is easy to make...
    and that is what i mean, they undervoltage it and underclocked a few mhz not much you notice it in the tests and in the UI.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

and that is what i mean, they undervoltage it and underclocked a few mhz not much you notice it in the tests and in the UI.
      If you are NOT a gamer, is that a real problem?? Or how would the ordinary user notice the difference?

I just loaded scv7a and love the work you have done!! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Originally posted by neutester View Post

If you are NOT a gamer, is that a real problem?? Or how would the ordinary user notice the difference?

I just loaded scv7a and love the work you have done!! Thank you very much!!
        well not really a big problem, but you m8 notice some little lag on some Ui intensive apps and maybe on some high bitrate videos!

Comment

About to flash v7 ota {when Mrs P is finished watching some anonymous US crime nonsense} TIA for all the time it takes. {Family 1st every time}

+1 for removing pop up nav bar at the bottom of screen.

For those with pixelated video playback, any solutions confirmed. Hardware acceleration?
          Is it only 720? Thats pretty much all i use as tv is older and doesnt like 1080. Using SPMC 7.

Comment

I managed to flash SCV4 to a new box. Everything works.
            I would like to OTA to SCV7.
            I'm not sure on steps

In update box do I set the path to SCV7 OTA on the USB and then just reboot to recovery and everything goes or am I missing something.
            Ive never OTA . I mainly just flash images.
            Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

thats all I did copy file to usb open update select local then the file and hit confirm my box rebooted and did the auto install (leave the boxes unchecked )

Comment

I had to hold the recovery pin in to initiate the procedure. It went OK. My box did not reboot automatically.
                I guess my box is not rooted. My reboot app does not work.
                Thanks

Comment

install MagiskManager-v5.3.0.apk then local update with Magisk-v14.0.zip.. get them at
                  magiskmanager.com/

Comment

anyone managed to rotate the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by valencia7514 View Post

dunno whats wrong with your box
                      here is stock rom if you want to go back with the stock one
                      www.hcygood.com/news/html/?462.html
                      valencia7514 you saved my 3. box Alfawise, thanks a lot.

As i reported already here, my 3. box i bought (the cheap one) only gave me headache, until yesterday. I already contacted Gearbest to plan to send it back.

Short review: the box arrived and i had in plan already to update to SC rom as my other 2 boxes are working fine with. So i even don´t remember more which 7.1.2 stock rom was there (which date), i only remember, that changing to Nova Launcher was not possible, always message, app was closed.

first i could do the update to SCV4, but with problems, screen freezing during update, then with problems udpdating to SCV6, but the box never worked, display away, rebooting, crashes a.s.o.
                      For me was clear, this box has a serious hardware problem. It got hot, but not so hot, maximimum 62-65 º, but mostly 58-61.

So i was so frustrated, i tried to install all versions from superceleron again, from begining to end including ATV roms. Also tried to install the the stock versions i had from Alfawise, always crashing and screen problems.

So yesterday i tried the last time this rom from valencia7514 and voilá: i could install (ok with sd-card) it and now i changed to TVLauncher and it is working so fine. Thanks coni vigo for the info, i agree with you, this launcher is simple and working fine.

I am happy now that my 3.box is working now, but at the same time, very unsecure what happened. Finally it is a combination between software and hardware problems in this case.

I had in plan to update my other 2 boxes from SCV6 to SCV7a - but now i am afraid to do this, because i think all this is very unstable with this kind of hardware and perhaps i should stay with the SCV6 version now?

Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

valencia7514 you saved my 3. box Alfawise, thanks a lot.

As i reported already here, my 3. box i bought (the cheap one) only gave me headache, until yesterday. I already contacted Gearbest to plan to send it back.

Short review: the box arrived and i had in plan already to update to SC rom as my other 2 boxes are working fine with. So i even don´t remember more which 7.1.2 stock rom was there (which date), i only remember, that changing to Nova Launcher was not possible, always message, app was closed.

first i could do the update to SCV4, but with problems, screen freezing during update, then with problems udpdating to SCV6, but the box never worked, display away, rebooting, crashes a.s.o.
                        For me was clear, this box has a serious hardware problem. It got hot, but not so hot, maximimum 62-65 º, but mostly 58-61.

So i was so frustrated, i tried to install all versions from superceleron again, from begining to end including ATV roms. Also tried to install the the stock versions i had from Alfawise, always crashing and screen problems.

So yesterday i tried the last time this rom from valencia7514 and voilá: i could install (ok with sd-card) it and now i changed to TVLauncher and it is working so fine. Thanks coni vigo for the info, i agree with you, this launcher is simple and working fine.

I am happy now that my 3.box is working now, but at the same time, very unsecure what happened. Finally it is a combination between software and hardware problems in this case.

I had in plan to update my other 2 boxes from SCV6 to SCV7a - but now i am afraid to do this, because i think all this is very unstable with this kind of hardware and perhaps i should stay with the SCV6 version now?

Any opinions?
                        you should open the boxes and see the hardware... what wifi chip, what memory chip and what heatsink type and if the heatsink is sitting currently on the cpu. and use the same "good working boxes power adapter" in the "bad box" and try again...

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

you should open the boxes and see the hardware... what wifi chip, what memory chip and what heatsink type and if the heatsink is sitting currently on the cpu. and use the same "good working boxes power adapter" in the "bad box" and try again...
                          thanks for your help, but i am not sure if you saw my comment:

"...So yesterday i tried the last time this rom from valencia7514 and voilá: i could install (ok with sd-card) it and now i changed to TVLauncher and it is working so fine...."

So at this moment i will not open once more, happy to see it working.
                          Cables and charger i had used from my 2. working box, so there was not the problem.

I had opened this box some days ago, but did not noticed the hardware datas, only i noticed that the wifi antena was fixed solded.
                          I thought always (saw it on some pictures), that the antena cable is not fixed?

Comment

tombraga i'am glad to hear that your box running again

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

thanks for your help, but i am not sure if you saw my comment:

"...So yesterday i tried the last time this rom from valencia7514 and voilá: i could install (ok with sd-card) it and now i changed to TVLauncher and it is working so fine...."

So at this moment i will not open once more, happy to see it working.
                              Cables and charger i had used from my 2. working box, so there was not the problem.

I had opened this box some days ago, but did not noticed the hardware datas, only i noticed that the wifi antena was fixed solded.
                              I thought always (saw it on some pictures), that the antena cable is not fixed?
                              the wifi antenna is fixed sticker but can be modified to external one. please have a look at the forums thread about hw mod...

Comment

made the update on my older box now to SCV7A - nice job, superceleron one more great job, thanks a lot.

rooted with Magisk 14.2 beta.

But i was in doubt uninstall Magisk and root with supersu, because as i saw the xda thread of Magisk closed. It seems there is no continuation, because grand mestre topjohnwu retired?

OK, but i decided to repeat Magisk root and it worked fine, so now i will not have more updates on Magisk, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X