Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackBriar56 View Post
    I kind of skipped the instructions on the first page and updated the stock rom with SCV7A. And I did it through micro sd card. I chose the wetek launcher because it looks easy to navigate and create favorites. The power app where all the options to reboot did not work.

Not sure why so I did a couple of things, but I don't know which of the two helped. I downloaded magisk 14 (I had to, if I wanted to install an ad blocker), reboot to twrp, installed it, and reboot to system. Once the magisk is up and running, I installed Adaway and tested the power app. Now it is working.

One thing I keep noticing is the thermal heat. I reaches nearly 70 degrees celcius just by running some tests (4K UHD movies on Kodi, and 1080p shows/movies on Terrarium) for four straight hours. I might have to open the box and see what's going on inside. Was already planning on putting a heatsink+cooling fan but I need to know what is the right size for it.

I have some questions though;
    1. Is it safe to update the TWRP through playstore?
    2. What will happen if I update the default youtube and netflix apps? and other default apps?
    3. Will wiping the dalvik, system, data, cache, internal, before re-installing SCV7A brick the box?

Thank you for such a great rom superceleron!
    About the temp, you have another thread in the forum about mods to this box, because this box is hot due to the bad case design ...
    1º No no no, dont do that, this is a custom twrp if you do that it will stop working for sure.
    2º nothing... you can update just fine the apps, well they should update itself if you have a playstore account!
    3º Yes it will soft brick it. you can do a simple factory reset if you need it from the setting/storage, or in the twrp itself.

Comment

was proving on the reproduction of videos and in reproduction with hardware they appear those pixels pixels and if it is changed to software they are removed not if it can be configured in which only reprodusca with software all the videos in the applications superceleron

Comment

@ Ace310,

If you can see the USB Drive in TWRP...should be no problem(might have to mount? USB in TWRP?). You could update from dowload folder...just tends to be a risk ..but since this OTA doe not wipe data...could be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by dadas1221 View Post
          was proving on the reproduction of videos and in reproduction with hardware they appear those pixels pixels and if it is changed to software they are removed not if it can be configured in which only reprodusca with software all the videos in the applications superceleron
          kk well i made some little changes on SCV7A so it m8 be fixed, i dont have them here!

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
            @ Ace310,

If you can see the USB Drive in TWRP...should be no problem(might have to mount? USB in TWRP?). You could update from dowload folder...just tends to be a risk ..but since this OTA doe not wipe data...could be ok?
            Hmm. let me dig my drawers to find an old micro sd if any is there. Don't want to brick this guy, as don't have time to fix it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by devang View Post
              Wyle

You don't need 3 x OTA updates. If you are on stock ROM, first you need to update with SCV4 and then straight away with SVC6. I would suggest to update SVC6 from TWRP.

SVC4 is only required if you are on stock, once done you can jump to any custom ROM. I think it is clear enough in the first post from Superceleron.

My BOX will not upgrade using the OTA method. USB BURNING TOOL works for me.

That is why I asked for a ROM version (Alternate), as IMG or ZIP, that CAN BE flashed to the current version in ONE Easy STEP using a USB Cable. Am I typing clearly enough in English or Is GOOGLE TRANSLATE changing my typing in some other language that is making my idea indecipherable?

Comment

• scooter2014
                scooter2014 commented
                Editing a comment
                Its easier for devs to do the update. Also preserve those updating to next version thier set up. Cant allways get what you but you get what you need comes to mind . iam ok with any update super provides and adding one extra step for me is no issue just happy hes made one.

@ superceleron,

Thank-you very much for the grueling effort you have put into this project. Trying and turning this lump of coal into a diamond in the rough.

I have played browser videos and Youtube videos and all played very slick. I will try SPMC and Mx Player later.

I have a question on how to see what programs a running in the back ground, like a task manager.

After playing video after video, I checked AndBooster and heat was @ 81°C. As I say everything playing smooth yet that's pretty hot, and Cpu was at 40%.
              I forced close everything I could, also went to Accessibility> Services and shut down left-overs and finally changed launchers.

Heat stayed around 80°C ( with fan 67°C) and cpu 35- 40%. I had nothing running...... I gave up and rebooted the box.

>Just Chrome, no fan @ 55°C and cpu @ 0.5 - 2.5 %
              Something was chewing up cpu cycles in the background. I'd like to be able to track it down. Any ideas??

Thanks
              Reap

Comment

@ Wyle,

I think devang was trying to be helpful. He offered the proper method.
                SCV4 is the base rom and the rest are OTAs , so we can preserve our set-ups. Do you really want to try and short-cut into and unstable China Box? It would take less time to flash and OTA update then to type or google for a shot-cut method?

Have you rooted (Magisk 14.2) to enable booting to recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace310 View Post

Hmm. let me dig my drawers to find an old micro sd if any is there. Don't want to brick this guy, as don't have time to fix it right now.
                  Well, micro sd didn't work for me. But using the USB drive worked without any problems. No idea why would that be. But, got the SVC7A installed. Will report back if there are any issues.

Problem 1: Not related to this OTA update. I am trying to take backup of KODI using backup addon, but can't access any media to save it. Looks like all the drives are readonly access. I tried usb drive, micro sd or SMB as well. By the way I can see all of them and can also play media from it. So the only issue I can see the permissions.
                  Anybody got any idea how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

kk well i made some little changes on SCV7A so it m8 be fixed, i dont have them here!

I'm actually in SCV7A and still playing with pixel spots. Only corrected if playing with (mx player) I put accelerator by software but not all the applications allow me to select which player I want to play, so my pixel problem continues

Comment

Plesae if anybody have V6 ota .zip file please share i deleted it and back up also . it is no more available to download on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                        @ superceleron,

Thank-you very much for the grueling effort you have put into this project. Trying and turning this lump of coal into a diamond in the rough.

I have played browser videos and Youtube videos and all played very slick. I will try SPMC and Mx Player later.

I have a question on how to see what programs a running in the back ground, like a task manager.

After playing video after video, I checked AndBooster and heat was @ 81°C. As I say everything playing smooth yet that's pretty hot, and Cpu was at 40%.
                        I forced close everything I could, also went to Accessibility> Services and shut down left-overs and finally changed launchers.

Heat stayed around 80°C ( with fan 67°C) and cpu 35- 40%. I had nothing running...... I gave up and rebooted the box.

>Just Chrome, no fan @ 55°C and cpu @ 0.5 - 2.5 %
                        Something was chewing up cpu cycles in the background. I'd like to be able to track it down. Any ideas??

Thanks
                        Reap
                        just put a big heatsink. my temps at stress test are 65deg!
                        go to the hw mod thread and see
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello all,
                          I am newbie both for h96 pro+ and this custom rom. Firstly thanks for this rom to superceleron i really liked it.
                          I want to install nova or any other launcher, it crashes and stops in unexpected way. I tried to make it default in home settings but nothing changed.
                          If I could not use any other launcher on this rom, how can I customize this one? Is there any suggestion for nova launcher issue?
                          thanks!
                          Last edited by coni vigo; 10-10-2017, 07:49.

Comment

Originally posted by dadas1221 View Post

I'm actually in SCV7A and still playing with pixel spots. Only corrected if playing with (mx player) I put accelerator by software but not all the applications allow me to select which player I want to play, so my pixel problem continues
                            Well sorry m8 i cant help anymore on that, i dont have the spots here in hw or sw mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaizen View Post

I would really like to know that as well. And if someone has made it. Please guide me on the process or redirect me.

Currently the only male to male usb cable that I have is from an old laptop cooling pad, which I believe only transfers energy and not data.
                              i recommend you using your male to male usb to flash this box
                              try it 1st, usb cable must be good for transfering power also data, except the broken one

Comment

Working...
                              X