Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

yes i do recommend the latest beta!
    I am bit unsecure now, you all here advise the beta magisk 14.2 - but it´s seems there are issues, some problems:

Hello, welcome to the beta Magisk thread! First check the main thread before starting. I expect users reporting to at least have basic debug skills, this thread is heavily moderated so refrain from spamming with "useless" reports! Latest Magisk...

I did not have any problem with Magisk 14.0 on the SCV6 rom. So i don´t know what to use, when the SCV7 rom comes??

Comment

today i received my new box, but the upgrade don´t work as the last time. I made everything the same way with burning sc card of the SCV4 first, but this time the android icon is strange, not green coloured, also the progressbar is different and nothing happened, only shows this

what can i do? the box cames with a new 7.1.2 nougat, can i go directly go to the SCV6 flashing the zip-file without upgrading to SCV4 first?

superceleron what do you think, can i flash your SCV6 zip-file directly from the original alfawise rom 7.1.2 ??

Last edited by tombraga; 10-06-2017, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
        today i received my new box, but the upgrade don´t work as the last time. I made everything the same way with burning sc card of the SCV4 first, but this time the android icon is strange, not green coloured, also the progressbar is different and nothing happened, only shows this

what can i do? the box cames with a new 7.1.2 nougat, can i go directly go to the SCV6 flashing the zip-file without upgrading to SCV4 first?

flash using usb burning tool

Comment

but it don´t work, because i cannot connect the box with the laptop. I think it must be used one of the hidden usb ports, yes? but until now, i did not want to open the box...

so with the last box it worked with the sd-card. this time not, don´t undersand why? newer original android-version now on the box or a card problem?

i can start with the restart recovery app to the actual android recovery. then i could flash the SCV4-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus.zip file from my usb stick and update so to the SCV4 rom version? Or this doesn´t work and i damage something?
          Last edited by tombraga; 10-06-2017, 15:18.

Comment

You can flash with sdcard by keeping the reset button pressed for the whole flash process.

Comment

chaveiro as you can see on the last picture, the progress bar of updating stays like this for long time, don´t change and nothing happened. Also this bar is white/grey, very strange. I updated my last same box and was different, the android icon was green and the progress bar of upgradin was colored also and working.

Comment

i could make the upgrade now to SCV4 with usb burning tool. but i don´t understand why with sc-card burning did not work this time, strange.

Comment

Thank you for the ROM. Please could you provide an option to replace FTMC with Kodi in the main menu? FTMC is fine, but I do no like a couple of things: 1) does not give an option for Dolby-HD and DTS-HD passthrough and 2) the skin is cool, however it does not display summary and other info on Film/TV Episode.

In any case it is cool to have the option to change it in the main menu.

Comment

Just a note of warning to would be owners: I ordered the H96 pro+ Alfawise box through GearBest. It never arrived. After one month of trying to communicate with their useless robotic customer service I opened a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. In the meantime I purchased one from a UK supplier on very well known auction site that I cannot name because this forum hides its name with '*****', paying very good attention it was shipped from the UK.

I am still awaiting a refund from GearBest. I would not recommend to anyone to purchase from them.

Comment

Originally posted by haydude View Post
                      Thank you for the ROM. Please could you provide an option to replace FTMC with Kodi in the main menu? FTMC is fine, but I do no like a couple of things: 1) does not give an option for Dolby-HD and DTS-HD passthrough and 2) the skin is cool, however it does not display summary and other info on Film/TV Episode.

In any case it is cool to have the option to change it in the main menu.
                      Kodi 17 above does not support amcodec hardware acceleration without amcodec support most of the large size 1080p video( say 2gb above) with surround sound i tried stutter/ hangs or have graphics glitches in many scenes throughout the movie for e.g movies like Spiderman, baby driver, pirates of Caribbean, etc downloaded from popcorntime stutter a lot with hardware acceleration and slow down/skips frame at many parts with software acceleration. i was so fed up that i put my box on sale but now in FTMC with only amcodec acceleration enable movies are running smooth and the processor runs cooler than with mediacodec or software acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

superceleron what do you think, can i flash your SCV6 zip-file directly from the original alfawise rom 7.1.2 ??

it tottaly ok
                        this is due to the fact that different boots img (on device and on ROM)

Comment

Need some expert opinion on this board's power design. I recently discovered the USB ports on H96 Pro+'s (both 4K and Alfa) are able to supply 1A of current unlike any other tv box I've used so far. (0.5A is the customary maximum)

So my question is - in the long run, should I worry about drawing so much (I'm using a third-party 3A supply so stability is not an issue) or is it still reasonably safe? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
                            Need some expert opinion on this board's power design. I recently discovered the USB ports on H96 Pro+'s (both 4K and Alfa) are able to supply 1A of current unlike any other tv box I've used so far. (0.5A is the customary maximum)

So my question is - in the long run, should I worry about drawing so much (I'm using a third-party 3A supply so stability is not an issue) or is it still reasonably safe? Thx.
                            Check temperature of the ports...because the poor quality of almost all Chinese pcb circuit, high temps and cool down temps may break connection on the pcb.

If you are using a stable power supply, that delivers 5v steady, you are safe.

Thing missing on this rom:
                            1. Ota..reboot to recovery won't work...
                            2. Luncher won't let you replace ftmc with other apps...kodicat build is not working on ftmc so i have to run kodi...
                            3. Youtube not working good for me..mouse is hardly working there..i had to install YouTube without ads from xda developers...

Comment

Today arrived my 3. box Alfawise H96 Pro +

Finally i could install the SCV6 rom, but his time i was not lucky. This box only gives problems, don´t restart to system restart, no restart to recovery, when make restart switch off.
                              With a stick i can restart to TWRP.

Very often the display on TV dissapears and the box get black, control and mouse don´t work more. The box is heating a lot, genarally very, very unstable, switches off, totally many things which i don´t know that happened with the first 2 boxes.

Now i understand why i had to pay only 39 Euros for this box, should be the same tecnics. And now i understand also superceleron who said, that from this model are so many different hardware devices on the market.

It´s a pitty.

But to send back to China, it´s not worthy, also i installed the new roms and the money to send back don´t justify the low paid costs.

With the first 2 boxes i am really very content, but it seems this 3. box is a totally other model.

Comment

• scooter2014
                                scooter2014 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You do understand that you have to install v4 before doing the update to v6 right? Sone seem to miss that point. Will not update without it first being installed

That said open it up and show us the parts maybe we can point in right direction. Also if sd card has a recovery image on it wont work make sure its a blank disk.

Already to many clones out there... and always suspect low prices...

Comment

Working...
                              X