Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sean2018 View Post
    Hi, just wondering what time image to use for SCV7A OTA. When unzipped there's multiple files rather than one image file.
    You don't need to unzip SCV7A if you're on SCV4. I just copied the zip file to a 4GB MicroSD (FAT32) but no doubt you could use a USB drive
    Power off your TVbox and insert said card.
    Hold down the reset pin whilst powering on TVbox and wait until TWRP loads.
    From TWRP's options select update and choose SCV7A zip file. (You may have to use TWRP's options to navigate to choose storage but I didn't have to)
    Select reboot when complete.

HTH

Comment

Hi guys,
      Here is my problem: I have an Alfawise H96 Pro + 3/32 ( CZ-S32-V2.2) Green PCB originally with Android 6. After many searches I finally found a Wisdom custom firmware with Android 7.1.2 (aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377_H96PROPLUS_KDMC_50ME_600M_ma c-20170918) that works on my Alfawise but with this firmware I can't install nova launcher or anyone else. The only lauchers that I can install are Microsoft Launcher and TVLauncher.
      I tried to install the ROM for "Green PCB" (SCV4-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus) but I got an error. This ROM is not for my Alfawise model? Help!
      Some advice? …or I have to stay with the Wisdom ROM?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post

You don't need to unzip SCV7A if you're on SCV4. I just copied the zip file to a 4GB MicroSD (FAT32) but no doubt you could use a USB drive
        Power off your TVbox and insert said card.
        Hold down the reset pin whilst powering on TVbox and wait until TWRP loads.
        From TWRP's options select update and choose SCV7A zip file. (You may have to use TWRP's options to navigate to choose storage but I didn't have to)
        Select reboot when complete.

HTH
        So just download the file then transfer right to SD card. Did you just drag the file to the SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by sean2018 View Post

So just download the file then transfer right to SD card. Did you just drag the file to the SD card?
          Yes, drag and drop or cut and paste, just as long as you leave the zip file intact TWRP will handle the update.

Here's a link to a TWRP tutorial which might help, but the process is intuitive.

Comment

hi superceleron, I come from the factory firmware on the H96 pro plus, can i also run your version (OTA-SCV7A-A7.1.2-x64-Alfawise.H96.ProPlus.zip) via the update app, since any attempt to flash a TWRP does not work. sorry for my english.

Comment

Yes, drag and drop or cut and paste, just as long as you leave the zip file intact TWRP will handle the update.

Here's a link to a TWRP tutorial which might help, but the process is intuitive.
              Sweet thank you so much, I'll try it.

Comment

Sorry but basic question - How do I apply the OTA?? I've successfully flashed SCV4 on my DDR4 box using USB Burning tool but don't know how to flash the OTA to SCV7. I've put the update.zip file on a microSD and chose it in the update app as a local update, but when I go to confirm the update the device just powers off and stays off. When I use the included Reboot app and click reboot to recovery or bootloader, nothing happens. Holding reset button with paperclip while powering on also does nothing - the box's blue light is on but my TV says no signal.. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar77 View Post
                  Sorry but basic question - How do I apply the OTA?? I've successfully flashed SCV4 on my DDR4 box using USB Burning tool but don't know how to flash the OTA to SCV7. I've put the update.zip file on a microSD and chose it in the update app as a local update, but when I go to confirm the update the device just powers off and stays off. When I use the included Reboot app and click reboot to recovery or bootloader, nothing happens. Holding reset button with paperclip while powering on also does nothing - the box's blue light is on but my TV says no signal.. Any suggestions?
                  check my post in the previous page

Comment

OTA app and Reboot app on SCV4 didn't work for me either but....
                    If SCV4 was successful TWRP is installed as part of the SCV4 update. You won't see it as a regular app.

Not essential but if you've a USB mouse available plug it in. TWRP is designed for touch screens not TV's, and you'll find it easier to move around and "swipe" with a mouse.

TWRP is accessed by holding in reset and powering up. Be patient, you may have to try a couple of times to get there.

Initially you'll get SC's splash screen and TWRP loads after that.

From TWRP choose install and browse to the SCV7 zip file etc. In a previous post I mentioned using a relatively small 4GB microSD card formatted as FAT32 with the zip file in it's root folder.

Select reboot when it's done applying the update.

TWRP's features are probably worth a thread of their own.

Comment

OTA app and Reboot app on SCV4 didn't work for me either but....
                      If SCV4 was successful TWRP is installed as part of the SCV4 update. You won't see it as a regular app.

Not essential but if you've a USB mouse available plug it in. TWRP is designed for touch screens not TV's, and you'll find it easier to move around and "swipe" with a mouse.

TWRP is accessed by holding in reset and powering up. Be patient, you may have to try a couple of times to get there.
                      Thank you! This should be stickied! Now I just need to actually get TWRP to load (really takes me back to my ROMing days!). How long are you generally holding the reset button when powering on? I tried a couple times last night and it just booted regularly.

Comment

Thank you! This should be stickied! Now I just need to actually get TWRP to load (really takes me back to my ROMing days!). How long are you generally holding the reset button when powering on? I tried a couple times last night and it just booted regularly.
                        Just timed it... 28 seconds, if you hold it in a Vulcan death grip. Superceleron's splash screen displays and you might think nothing is happening, then you should get TWRP's menu. Mine's running TWRP 3.1.1-0

HTH

Comment

Just timed it... 28 seconds, if you hold it in a Vulcan death grip. Superceleron's splash screen displays and you might think nothing is happening, then you should get TWRP's menu. Mine's running TWRP 3.1.1-0

HTH
                          Worked like a charm. But, I had to connect my box directly to my TV as my receiver wasn't passing TWRPs signal to the screen (but has no problem with the box's regular video signal). Once I did that I was easily able to apply the update.

Comment

Worked like a charm. But, I had to connect my box directly to my TV as my receiver wasn't passing TWRPs signal to the screen (but has no problem with the box's regular video signal). Once I did that I was easily able to apply the update.
                            Well that is normal, the twrp is not as complete as the rom by itself that is why some ppl with "middle" device between the box and the tv have that problems.

Comment

When I shutdown the system the box goes into a sleepy state with a red light on and it's not possible to turn it on via remote, I have to remove the power plug and then plug it in again
                              Is there a way to solve this issue?
                              I was reading this topic and a couple of members complain about this problem but not the overall, is this a rare situation or do everyone have it like me

Comment

Hi Alianto,

My own situation is that I use a learning capable airmouse, I had to copy the red button command of the original remote. The air mouse is very responsive on all actions but I do have to press the on/off button twice to restart,
                                Aus

Comment

Working...
                                X