Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jinxy
    Just flash .zip with SuperSU through TWRP. However if You do it on official firmware, than You will brick Your Box. With superceleron's roms it works.

As for the fix, it may not be fixable. Not by counting number of variants that are supported (and some still aren't) by superceleron's roms.
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

ch3mn3y Thanks for the quick reply and the instructions, will try those. Gonna try installing the Android TV version and see whether it works with that one or not first.
      With variants, I'm guessing you mean different variants of models on these h96 pro plus? What's annoying with this, is that everything else works just fine.
      Thanks again!

Comment

Yep, that's what I mean about variants.

If You want ATV coz it cool, You will be disappointed. It looks good, however app support in Google Play is worse than on Normal rom. Which can be made to look like ATV with good launcher.
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

ch3mn3y Yeah, I noticed, but it seem to work okay for what he's going to use it for. He's mainly going to use it as a media center, VLC, Plex, etc and those apps work fine it seems.
          We installed SuperSU but the reboot function still doesn't work on either of these two firmwares I hope SuperCeleron will find and publish a fix in the future, but I understand that he's a busy man.

What I do know however, is that if we reflash it with the stock FW again, it does reboot normally and functions as it's supposed to, so I guess it's some bug that needs to be fixed in the firmware.
          If anybody else experienced this issue and managed to solve it, please do tell

Comment

Originally posted by Jinxy View Post
            ch3mn3y Yeah, I noticed, but it seem to work okay for what he's going to use it for. He's mainly going to use it as a media center, VLC, Plex, etc and those apps work fine it seems.
            We installed SuperSU but the reboot function still doesn't work on either of these two firmwares I hope SuperCeleron will find and publish a fix in the future, but I understand that he's a busy man.

What I do know however, is that if we reflash it with the stock FW again, it does reboot normally and functions as it's supposed to, so I guess it's some bug that needs to be fixed in the firmware.
            If anybody else experienced this issue and managed to solve it, please do tell
            No problem with reboot using Magisk.

Comment

ch3mn3y we i can find the TWRP recovery.img file?

Comment

Inside one of supercelorn's roms. Easier is to unpack update, so there I would look.

Or here: https://mega.nz/#!Ji4iEAjI!5iCbS2F9J...cO6-MWb1b-z90I
                That's one from SCV7A.

Comment

superceleron Long shot here, I know I might be asking too much, but I figured I'd rather ask than not.
                  Since I don't seem to be able to solve my friends issue by any means, would it be possible to get the source for the OTA so that I may look into what the issue is
                  that causes the problem with being unable to reboot on this version of his H96 box?

Comment

I installed the SCV4 using burn sd card method. But I could not update to SCV7A through OTA. After selecting update, the box suppose to reboot but instead it just shut down. Didn't everything as recommended here but still it would reboot to update the SCV7A firmware. In the end updated to SCV7A using the TWRP recovery method.

One thing I discovered is before updating to SCV7A, the standard remote control that came with the box worked flawlessly. But after updating to SCV7A, the remote control doesn't work anymore.

Did I miss one version by jumping from SCV4 to SCV7A that render the remote control not usable.

Comment

Originally posted by bloptra18 View Post
                      I installed the SCV4 using burn sd card method. But I could not update to SCV7A through OTA. After selecting update, the box suppose to reboot but instead it just shut down. Didn't everything as recommended here but still it would reboot to update the SCV7A firmware. In the end updated to SCV7A using the TWRP recovery method.

One thing I discovered is before updating to SCV7A, the standard remote control that came with the box worked flawlessly. But after updating to SCV7A, the remote control doesn't work anymore.

Did I miss one version by jumping from SCV4 to SCV7A that render the remote control not usable.
                      Had the same prob. Install with USB-Burn-Tool V1a, Then use Burn_Card_Maker to activate version V4a without using Erase_Bootloader. The Clou V1a has TWRP and if it is then chipped with a higher version of the bootloader the TWRP will not work. Then flash the current V7a via TWRP. Good succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rmaier14 View Post

Had the same prob. Install with USB-Burn-Tool V1a, Then use Burn_Card_Maker to activate version V4a without using Erase_Bootloader. The Clou V1a has TWRP and if it is then chipped with a higher version of the bootloader the TWRP will not work. Then flash the current V7a via TWRP. Good succeed.
                        Is there a SCV4A for non ATV. Or just flash the SCV7A over the SCV4A.

Comment

There is SCV1-ATV and SCV4A is it's update. As well as SCV4 Normal and SCV7A is it's update. Don't mix them!

You have to flash base one first (SCV1 for ATV and SCV4 for Normal) and than OTA (SCV4A for ATV and SCV7A for Normal).

Comment

Originally posted by bloptra18 View Post

Is there a SCV4A for non ATV. Or just flash the SCV7A over the SCV4A.
                            Flash the v7a over existing v4a, don't mix (v4a - V7)

Comment

Originally posted by Rmaier14 View Post

Flash the v7a over existing v4a, don't mix (v4a - V7)
                              I have flashed SCV7A over the normal SCV4 and now the standard remote control doesn't function.

Rmaier14 your suggestion is not clear. Did you managed to get the remote control working.

If I flash SCV7A (normal) over SCV4A will it be normal or ATV version.

Comment

If You flash SCV7A over SCV4A it will probably not boot. And if it will, there will be FC after FC, so You probably won't be even able to turn the Box off other way than disconnecting power cord. ATV and Normal Android may both be Android but they are incompatible with each other (it would be like flashing Samsung's firmware onto Sony's device).

As for remote I would suggest to use remote.conf file (it can be found in /system/etc/) from SCV4 on SCV7A.

Comment

Working...
                                X