Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Appys View Post
    This box is busted, it has same issue even on march firmware, have to send it back sadly incurring more shipping charges...Damn the chinese quality checks they shipped a box with a dead bluetooth module on it.. Maybe its better to even refrain from buying this model till they have this issue sorted with the new chips inside...honestly i feel looking at the previous pcs snaps this LB one has cheaper parts...
    P.S destroyed 3 USB cables and was unable to figure out how to make one ..Eventually used burn card maker,inserted sd card kept reset button pressed on remote at power on and it auto installed...and then i landed at my beloved blue screen once android logo disappeared and thereafter nothing works ,no entry no exit only volume and power buttons are usable..seems the remote has better bluetooth module than the stupid box..

P.P.S: Rebooted to recovery,it still says 201804XX while i had the 201803 img in the sd card...did it even flash anything ? I did get the Updating logo when I had the sd card inside after I had used Burncard maker it ran through to the end and then had rebooted too ..
    I'm on the same boat as you but i can't figure out how to reflash anything from here. Reset pins don't seem to work and it seems you have a method with sd card here: "inserted sd card kept reset button pressed on remote at power on". Which button is the Reset on the remote?

Comment

Write the img via burncard maker, then while inserting the power supply with the sd card in keep the menu three line button depressed... You should release it when you see an icon of android with bottom saying upgrading . The same button also takes you to recovery

When you say same boat you mean you got one too with broken wireless, wtf are they shipping... This box is now in must avoid territory

Comment

Write the img via burncard maker, then while inserting the power supply with the sd card in keep the menu three line button depressed... You should release it when you see an icon of android with bottom saying upgrading . The same button also takes you to recovery

When you say same boat you mean you got one too with broken wireless, wtf are they shipping... This box is now in must avoid territory
        My wireless is only broken using these roms because of missing driver. The wireless was working with whatever it was shipped with. I'm currently stuck scanning for remote and can't bypass that screen.

Can a usb drive be used instead of sd card? The Burncard maker lets me write to it.

Comment

Bruh I couldn't make it work via USB stick even in twrp it didn't recognizer.. Should allow though for a normal box try and let us know results

Comment

Hi to everyone! I'm a new member of the forum!

I've a new M8S Pro L (LB version) with Android 7.1.2 (version 20180316.115110.V0213). It has the standard remote without the voice control.
            I've experimented several problems with this box:

1- I can't upgrade OTA the firmware to the new 20180417.150752.V0213
            2- I was able to install the leanback launcher from the app store but it doesn't start. The box uses the Mecool launcher (no ATV)
            3- Amazon prime video app doesn't work. It plays only the trailers. I tried the normal version and it crashes as soon as I try to play a movie, but I also tried the ATV version and it doesn't crash but says "Movie can't be played at this moment. Please, contact customer service" as soon as I try to play a movie
            4- Rai play (it's an italian national tv app) doesn't work anymore (crashes while starting) after I tried to install leanback launcher (and also after I uninstalled it and reinstalled the Rai play app).

Does anyone have these problems? Is there any solution?

I hope that Magendanz will release soon his firmware for this LB version M8S Pro L...

Comment

Originally posted by natman View Post
              Hi to everyone! I'm a new member of the forum!

I've a new M8S Pro L (LB version) with Android 7.1.2 (version 20180316.115110.V0213). It has the standard remote without the voice control.
              I've experimented several problems with this box:

1- I can't upgrade OTA the firmware to the new 20180417.150752.V0213
              2- I was able to install the leanback launcher from the app store but it doesn't start. The box uses the Mecool launcher (no ATV)
              3- Amazon prime video app doesn't work. It plays only the trailers. I tried the normal version and it crashes as soon as I try to play a movie, but I also tried the ATV version and it doesn't crash but says "Movie can't be played at this moment. Please, contact customer service" as soon as I try to play a movie
              4- Rai play (it's an italian national tv app) doesn't work anymore (crashes while starting) after I tried to install leanback launcher (and also after I uninstalled it and reinstalled the Rai play app).

Does anyone have these problems? Is there any solution?

I hope that Magendanz will release soon his firmware for this LB version M8S Pro L...
              That is a truly mixed up box!!!!the firmware that is on there should be atv with the leanback launcher!!! are you familiar with usb burning tool?does box have sticker on back with LB at the end?have you opened it up to see what wi-fi module is inside.it has been known that they have mis labelled boxes.it may be a different variant with wrong firmware.this is maybe why you are having some issues.i will try to help you.

Comment

@ supermal
                Thank you for your reply. No, I've never upgraded an android box with usb burning tool but I'm in information technology from decades so I learn fast...
                I've read the LB version on the back label but I'll open the box to further investigate the real hardware configuration.
                In the meantime, I've fixed the rai play problem editing the build.prop file and changing dpi resolution from 240 to 320.
                I'll keep you informed on the real hardware configuration.
                Regards.

Comment

The LB box for sure has different chips but something is screwed up with the new ones, seems the assembly line is high on something while assembling these boxes, never know they may have mixed up all the chips or used faulty ones to bring folks to this situation..
                  Must Avoid till the reports become stable, far too many reports of screwd up boxes here.. I regret my purchase

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

That is a truly mixed up box!!!!the firmware that is on there should be atv with the leanback launcher!!! are you familiar with usb burning tool?does box have sticker on back with LB at the end?have you opened it up to see what wi-fi module is inside.it has been known that they have mis labelled boxes.it may be a different variant with wrong firmware.this is maybe why you are having some issues.i will try to help you.
                    I agree with your statement, I thought all the new boxes came with the Google Leanback launcher. Something doesn't smell right........
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

The LB box for sure has different chips but something is screwed up with the new ones, seems the assembly line is high on something while assembling these boxes, never know they may have mixed up all the chips or used faulty ones to bring folks to this situation..
                      Must Avoid till the reports become stable, far too many reports of screwd up boxes here.. I regret my purchase
                      Yes, Appy, something doesn't smell right with these boxes now..........
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

This is the OEM launcher of my M8S Pro L ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5854.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	731830

this is the wifi module (an unknown and unshielded KM 63350801) ...

Name:	IMG_5858.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	731831

and this is the complete PCB ...

Name:	IMG_5855.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	731832

Comment

Apart from the OEM launcher (that looks very basic), my real problem is the lacking of Amazon Prime Video. The app plays only the trailers but when I try playing a movie it says "Internet connection error. Please, contact the customer service". The problem is indipendent from the real data connection I use (wired or wireless).
                          Can someone confirm that Amazon Prime Video works fine with other configuration of hardware and firmware of M8S Pro L?

Comment

natman I 've the same with you Mecool m8s pro L (NO the Bluetooth Voice Version) which came with, M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213, firmware. Because I had some issues with wifi I flashed, using android terminal (reboot update) and burn card maker method, at first the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img and later the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img. Both of them are useless because the mecool freezes all the times or reboot randomly. Although the firmwares are same version (V.0213) with mine Mecool LB version, aren't compatible with the no Bluetooth voice version. DONT FLASH IT. Is there any custom Rom which support the wifi - Bluetooth chipset ? Is there anybody who knoww where could I find (link - source) my first rom img (M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213) to recover my box? Thanks a lot.

Comment

May be you've an hardware issue. My M8S Pro L doesn't freeze and it's quite stable...

Comment

Hi natman .
                                I ' ve not any hardware issue with my box. With M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213 Stock firmware, worked without issues - problems and was quite stable, especially after cooling fan modding. After flashing, the two others firmwares (20180316.143701.V0213 and 20180417.150752.V0213) the box is useless (freezes, BT-WIFI disconnect), because aren't compatible with my box. For this reason (compatibility between voice and standard remotes versions)
                                you can't upgrade OTA the firmware to the new 20180417.150752.V0213 . Now I ' m stuck with faulty firmware (20180417.150752.V0213) and want my stock firmware img to recover my box.
                                Last edited by Giannis; 10-16-2018, 07:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X