Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gt8919 View Post
    Hi guys I have been a problem with the ir remote I press the volume down and ok but nothing happens someone know how can I do??
    Do you have the voice remote or ir remote?
    IF VOICE REMOTE Welcome to the 'YOU' RE SCREWED' m8s pro l fan club
    The box is faulty unless you can find it on bluetooth scan, pair it and move beyond the page. Else you are indeed screwed.

if normal remote then this is wrong software or else try pairing box with mobile in bluetooth to skip past

Comment

Originally posted by Appys View Post

Do you have the voice remote or ir remote?
      IF VOICE REMOTE Welcome to the 'YOU' RE SCREWED' m8s pro l fan club
      The box is faulty unless you can find it on bluetooth scan, pair it and move beyond the page. Else you are indeed screwed.

if normal remote then this is wrong software or else try pairing box with mobile in bluetooth to skip past
      My new boxes work great with voice remote. It’s the heat issues I don’t like.

Comment

Hi gt8919. At first try to skip this screen, pairing with a smartphone or tablet. After complete the rest setup (language selection, etc) try to pairing your BT remote in settings menu.

Comment

Ok well I have done a bad thing.. I have wiped everything for do the change of the rom and after this don't want install nothing because the twrp installer can't confirm the target device and so I think I need only a backup from twrp by someone who have the LQ box like me

Comment

Originally posted by gt8919 View Post
            Ok well I have done a bad thing.. I have wiped everything for do the change of the rom and after this don't want install nothing because the twrp installer can't confirm the target device and so I think I need only a backup from twrp by someone who have the LQ box like me
            How did you wipe your box???
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

with twrp wipe data cache system because i have installed the 7.1 android version and no the android tv 7.1....

Comment

Hi gt8919. I was in similar situation with you and I recover my box doing this procedure (proceed at your own risk):

1. Download amlogic burn card maker-v2-0-2 and follow the instructions to burn in a microsd your rom img (https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...er-v2-0-2.html)
                2. Reboot your box to twrp recovery.
                3. Select Advanced in the menu and then terminal command.
                4. Insert the microsd with the rom img to the box.
                5. Type reboot update and then ok.
                6. Your box will reboot starting flashing the rom img.

Comment

The SD burn maker don't go.. I have solved with a modify to the instruction for check the model of the box when install the ROM in twrp and now it's ok all

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Keep us posted.....
                    Well Gearbest have just given me the refund of the £53.33 but not the £12.95 for sending it back which i am now chasing up, now i have to decide which android box to buy now ? mi box 3 ?? love the Mecool M8s pro L, when it work for all of the 2 to 4 hours but with the revise LB etc, am now going to give it a miss.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by weldermike View Post

Well Gearbest have just given me the refund of the £53.33 but not the £12.95 for sending it back which i am now chasing up, now i have to decide which android box to buy now ? mi box 3 ?? love the Mecool M8s pro L, when it work for all of the 2 to 4 hours but with the revise LB etc, am now going to give it a miss.

Thanks.
                      That's what all these guys are doing now irrespective if the site, indeed mi box at the sake on gb is a safer if not better option at 55usd

Comment

Originally posted by weldermike View Post

Thanks.
                        https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1...ml?wid=1433363 i bought this box from gearbest.it is the mecool m8s pro not the l version.it uses original wifi module and is therefore compatible with custom roms.it has all the features of the l version.bluetooth voice control remote and widevine l1 support for hd netflix.i bought 2gb/16gb version but there is other options too.might be worth considering.

Comment

So far my Pro L has been running great. Does heat up, but haven’t had any crashes or issues. I’m disappointed that Mecool isn’t stepping up and fixing the heating issues.

Would like to have another low cost Android TV box with S912 and 3gb ram, without heat issues available in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1...ml?wid=1433363 i bought this box from gearbest.it is the mecool m8s pro not the l version.it uses original wifi module and is therefore compatible with custom roms.it has all the features of the l version.bluetooth voice control remote and widevine l1 support for hd netflix.i bought 2gb/16gb version but there is other options too.might be worth considering.
                            The M8s pro is worse for overheating than the L

Comment

I've put my box on this fan and I have no more heating problems: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B06XQWMFDQ/...740131_TE_item

Comment

Originally posted by nowso2k18 View Post

The M8s pro is worse for overheating than the L
                                Not if you sit it on top of cooling fan.no overheating problems for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X