H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

The firmware I gave you in the backup was not stock firmware though. It is from the 4pda post below. And this firmware will have launcher and droid settings in russian. I specially modded the english version for you before making the backup.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=81839450
    So the droid settings is in Russian? Modded English version for me means you change the droid setting to English already?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawncck View Post

So the droid settings is in Russian? Modded English version for me means you change the droid setting to English already?
      There are two roms. One is stock factory provided. That one is now on android 9. Flash it with PC and usb tool. It works best.

The second one from 4pda is a custom rom which originally has russian launcher and droid settings. When I flash it, I change its launcher and droid settings app and then I made the backup which I gave to you. If you flash it from 4pda link, you will get the original custom rom with russian launcher.

I would suggest you to flash our factory provided rom. That one and the lighthome launcher I posted. They are best together. AND BEST PART IS. OUR FACTORY ROM IS UNROOTED. THATS CHERRY ON CAKE FOR YOU UNROOT LOVER BOY.

Stock rom android 9. Second one. https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade
      Launcher (Install it from AppInstaller) https://aapks.com/apk/lighthome/
      Russian custom rom which I gave you after modding. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry81839450

Comment

romcrazy, the stock factory pie firmware is rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
          romcrazy, the stock factory pie firmware is rooted.
          With what? I didnt find su. And I tried rooting with magisk, it was successful but magisk manager would always show, magisk is not installed. What is it rooted with? Maybe I could remove the stock root and root with magisk?

Comment

With what? I didnt find su. And I tried rooting with magisk, it was successful but magisk manager would always show, magisk is not installed. What is it rooted with? Maybe I could remove the stock root and root with magisk?
            Not sure what it's rooted with, but 3 of the apps I use that need root worked. They were also given root access by default, I didn't need to grant them access. Also confirmed with a root checker app, just to be 100% sure.

Comment

Not sure what it's rooted with, but 3 of the apps I use that need root worked. They were also given root access by default, I didn't need to grant them access. Also confirmed with a root checker app, just to be 100% sure.
              Flash the file below in twrp if you wish to unroot. Please note this will remove root completely and even root checker will show unrooted device. Only downside is, I still havent been able to install magisk. So do it only if you wish to completely unroot.

Just out of curiosity. What apps you use which require root? apart from ad removers?

Comment

Well, I must have had a bad flash with Pie, it's not recognizing my ethernet and wireless is barely working.

Comment

Flash the file below in twrp if you wish to unroot. Please note this will remove root completely and even root checker will show unrooted device. Only downside is, I still havent been able to install magisk. So do it only if you wish to completely unroot.

Just out of curiosity. What apps you use which require root? apart from ad removers?
                  X-plore file browser and simple reboot. I've used x-plore for years and I like its split window UI and it has SMB support. It also has root access, and I use it to fix the keyboard config file by changing key 28 to ENTER. I like simple reboot just to have a simple way of rebooting the box, even though its main purpose is to reboot to recovery. It's just a small simple app that does the job.

Rooted or not doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post
                    Well, I must have had a bad flash with Pie, it's not recognizing my ethernet and wireless is barely working.
                    While flashing you should go for erase all instead of normal erase. Select erase bootloader also.And tick whether overwrite key. Make sure both mac and mac_wifi keys are selected.

Comment

it has SMB support. It also has root access, and I use it to fix the keyboard config file by changing key 28 to ENTER. .
                      SMB support for NAS drive? or am i confusing it with something else? And how do you change keyboard config file? Step by step guide please.

Comment

While flashing you should go for erase all instead of normal erase. Select erase bootloader also.And tick whether overwrite key. Make sure both mac and mac_wifi keys are selected.
                        Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

SMB support for NAS drive? or am i confusing it with something else? And how do you change keyboard config file? Step by step guide please.
                          Yeah I have a USB drive plugged into my router, and I use x-plore on my android boxes and phone to view/transfer files between devices.

To fix the enter key, follow this: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...l-keyboard-fix

Note: If you plan on using X-plore as well, once you give the app root access, you also have to change the root access settings to give x-plore full root control, allowing it to make changes to read-only files/folders (it's in the configuration/settings of the app) -- otherwise you won't be able to save the changes to the .kl file. If you use ES file explorer, outside of giving the app root access, I don't think you have to change any other settings.

Note 2: Once you 'fix' the keyboard file, you'll have to restart the box for the changes to go in effect.

Comment

Yeah I have a USB drive plugged into my router, and I use x-plore on my android boxes and phone to view/transfer files between devices.

To fix the enter key, follow this: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...l-keyboard-fix

Note: If you plan on using X-plore as well, once you give the app root access, you also have to change the root access settings to give x-plore full root control, allowing it to make changes to read-only files/folders (it's in the configuration/settings of the app) -- otherwise you won't be able to save the changes to the .kl file. If you use ES file explorer, outside of giving the app root access, I don't think you have to change any other settings.

Note 2: Once you 'fix' the keyboard file, you'll have to restart the box for the changes to go in effect.
                            Good man. Thanks for your help. I will try to get magisk working on my end. Probably I might just return the favor, though you dont use root much.

Comment

Thanks, she's working fine now.

Comment

Hmm I didn't bother doing any of this, I just used the default UBT settings. I just watched the flashing tutorial video that is included with this firmware and it suggests the same things you do, but with normal erase instead of erase all. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my box though... wonder if I should reflash using these settings?

As for Magisk, yeah I don't really care... whatever root comes with the box is good enough for me. I basically only use it to fix the keyboard and adaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X