H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Does that mean android 9 solved the weak wifi problem or are you connecting to wifi in same room? This is unbelievable that our manufacturer would oblige with official android 9 and that too stable? Its not 1st April is it? Is the stock launcher same as before?
    For my uses, wifi is good enough and my router is close by. At the very least, I don't think it's any worse than other firmwares that work with this box, meaning I haven't had any troubles connecting, I didn't have any disconnects etc., and the speeds are pretty much the same as the others. Not sure if it's better or not.

I'm just as surprised as you lol. Used it for a good amount today and basically didn't have any issues. But I didn't really have any major issues with other firmwares either, outside of the youtube stutters, which this firmware fixes. And yes, it uses the same launcher as the stock 8.1 H96 Max X2 firmware. Personally I use Squarehome 2 launcher.

I think this firmware is based on the same as the TR99, but it's rooted and has the proper settings menu. And obviously all of the drivers for this box are included. If only it included upper and lower bars, but the third-party navbar app is sufficient.

This is the best firmware for our box at the moment IMO, and the first that I've been 100% satisfied with.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      For my uses, wifi is good enough and my router is close by. At the very least, I don't think it's any worse than other firmwares that work with this box, meaning I haven't had any troubles connecting, I didn't have any disconnects etc., and the speeds are pretty much the same as the others. Not sure if it's better or not.

I'm just as surprised as you lol. Used it for a good amount today and basically didn't have any issues. But I didn't really have any major issues with other firmwares either, outside of the youtube stutters, which this firmware fixes. And yes, it uses the same launcher as the stock 8.1 H96 Max X2 firmware. Personally I use Squarehome 2 launcher.

I think this firmware is based on the same as the TR99, but it's rooted and has the proper settings menu. And obviously all of the drivers for this box are included. If only it included upper and lower bars, but the third-party navbar app is sufficient.

This is the best firmware for our box at the moment IMO, and the first that I've been 100% satisfied with.
      All that write up is too good to be true. I am thinking of blowing work and rushing home to download and try this firmware but I have to be here for 3 more hours. Anyways Please test GTA vice city, tekken PSP games too as those have random 5 second freezes every few minutes on previous firmwares. You mentioned asphalt 8, does it freeze unfreeze randomly?

Comment

All that write up is too good to be true. I am thinking of blowing work and rushing home to download and try this firmware but I have to be here for 3 more hours. Anyways Please test GTA vice city, tekken PSP games too as those have random 5 second freezes every few minutes on previous firmwares. You mentioned asphalt 8, does it freeze unfreeze randomly?
        I won't have time to test today, I'm gonna go to bed soon. But fwiw, someone over at 4pda who was having issues with 3D games on other firmwares, says that this one works.

(google translated)
        yes. Super!
        I am very pleased that the manufacturer still finished the firmware and pleased us.
        Now I will try to put asphalt8. Maybe the game will go now. If they go, it will be necessary to note this business)))

...later saying:

Asphalt went without problems! Hooray!!!
        The problem with 3d games is finally solved!
        Tomorrow evening I will wash this thing! )))

Comment

I won't have time to test today, I'm gonna go to bed soon. But fwiw, someone over at 4pda who was having issues with 3D games on other firmwares, says that this one works.

(google translated)
          Will try today and report. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Weird... it is an official firmware release for this box. The person who posted the link also shared where he got it from, which seems to be straight from the manufacturer: https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

I haven't tried ethernet, but my wifi connected no problem for me. Used it for a few hours now and I've had no issues... it has been very stable. The only problem I ran into, was I left a youtube video paused for like 20-30 minutes and turned off my TV, and when I went to resume the audio was out of sync. Closed it and played it again, and it played fine.

From the link above, there are firmwares for the 2GB and 4GB LPDDR3 memory variants too, not android pie mind you, but maybe worth trying for those of you with those versions.

Pleasantly surprised that we got a pie update relatively soon.
            With this Pie version of firmware for H96MaxX2 is possible to backup Google Settings? In many Rom I tried on this device the Google Settings, Google Account and Play Store are not full working: App Store can't update and many apps are not downloadable (for example Firefox, I use APK version). The Google Backup starts but does not complete, and no device are showed in GoogleDrive. This is beacause the device is not Google Certified
            Thank You

Comment

Will try today and report. Thanks for the heads up
              Hi romcrazy, i got a problem w my box. I flashed it w a t95x rom. It worked but i do not like it. I want to restore back to my original using twrp. But it failed.
              It give me an error could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer. failed to mount /data (invalid argument). Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
              Failed to mount /vendor . Failed to mount /odm. failed to mount /system. failed to mount /data. Unable to mount storage. Failed to mount /data.
              Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP.twrps. The error appear and try to load the image. but was not successfully. I am stuck now. I try to load back t95x image using TWRP also failed.
              How do i resolve this to get back to original.

Comment

Mine shows an exclamation point (!) over my network icon at the top, even when it seems to be working. As of now the network is working with Ethernet but there's clearly a problem- With mine anyway.

Comment

The weak wi-fi is more of a hardware problem than firmware.

Comment

(google translated)
                    Works. Games work. 3d games. I have tested gta vice city which used to freeze unfreeze randomly destroying the game experience. No more of that. Its working as it should. The manufacturer has really done an awesome job. I will try tekken and asphalt 9 also today and will report. This is the best firmware till day thank you rahzel.

Originally posted by Shawncck View Post

Hi romcrazy, i got a problem w my box. I flashed it w a t95x rom. It worked but i do not like it. I want to restore back to my original using twrp. But it failed.
                    It give me an error could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer. failed to mount /data (invalid argument). Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
                    Failed to mount /vendor . Failed to mount /odm. failed to mount /system. failed to mount /data. Unable to mount storage. Failed to mount /data.
                    Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP.twrps. The error appear and try to load the image. but was not successfully. I am stuck now. I try to load back t95x image using TWRP also failed.
                    How do i resolve this to get back to original.
                    How did you flash t95x rom in the first place? I can give you new backup only with system and boot but if you were able to flash rom with wire, you can do that with stock to go back to original also.

Originally posted by Appdata View Post

Mine shows an exclamation point (!) over my network icon at the top, even when it seems to be working. As of now the network is working with Ethernet but there's clearly a problem- With mine anyway.
                    My wifi catches on but due to router being in different room, it doesnt work properly. But that was like this in all roms i tested so yes its hardware problem. Firmware cant do anything with respect to that.

Comment

Lighthome launcher can be found below. If anyone wants it.

Comment

I'm getting really slow WiFi speeds on the H96 Max X2. I'm convinced its because the wifi antennae in the box isn't very strong.

Can I plug in a USB WiFi adapter into the box?

Comment

Works. Games work. 3d games. I have tested gta vice city which used to freeze unfreeze randomly destroying the game experience. No more of that. Its working as it should. The manufacturer has really done an awesome job. I will try tekken and asphalt 9 also today and will report. This is the best firmware till day thank you rahzel.

How did you flash t95x rom in the first place? I can give you new backup only with system and boot but if you were able to flash rom with wire, you can do that with stock to go back to original also.

My wifi catches on but due to router being in different room, it doesnt work properly. But that was like this in all roms i tested so yes its hardware problem. Firmware cant do anything with respect to that.
                          I use burning tools on my PC with USB cable. It burn successfuly. But now i want restore my original w TWRP. It failed me. How do i change back? I do not like the T95x rom.

Comment

I use burning tools on my PC with USB cable. It burn successfuly. But now i want restore my original w TWRP. It failed me. How do i change back? I do not like the T95x rom.
                            Flash the original with US cable and PC. Lol if your PC flashing is working, then stop using twrp backup. Download second one below and flash with PC and USB wire.

Comment

The firmware I gave you in the backup was not stock firmware though. It is from the 4pda post below. And this firmware will have launcher and droid settings in russian. I specially modded the english version for you before making the backup.

Comment

The firmware I gave you in the backup was not stock firmware though. It is from the 4pda post below. And this firmware will have launcher and droid settings in russian. I specially modded the english version for you before making the backup.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=81839450
                                Hi, if this is not stock firmware? What rom is it? Everything work well? I flash using the burning tool?

Comment

Working...
                                X