Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chenrp View Post

Thanks but they are all stock
    i want something clean, nexus like (not atv as I?m using a mouse)
    Oh you want a custom rom. In that case there are none. There is one but it is in russian and needs some fiddling to get it in english, and even then some apps still install in russian.

Comment

Thanks but they are all stock
      i want something clean, nexus like (not atv as I?m using a mouse)
      Go here and pick out one in the firmware section. HK1 is good for this box, they all work and are in English.

Comment

question is... wifi working on these firmwares?

Comment

question is... wifi working on these firmwares?
          yup

Comment

hi, i tried but only T95 works with wifi!

this is the link for the rom.

BTW im missing status bar and navigation buttons.

any solution for status bar?

Comment

Hello, i wanted to ask, recently got one H96 Max X2 from banggood 4/64, but i think its with DDR3 memory, because it gives error on 3% on all roms that i tried. But another problem i have: IR remote receiver is not responding on device, and have very weak Wifi signal, can't connect to router, only if really close, 10 cm. Can somebody advise me how to open case on H96? I cant see any screws or way to open case without break? To see this problems inside case what is going on with extreme weak wifi and no working IR signal... Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Jole View Post
                Hello, i wanted to ask, recently got one H96 Max X2 from banggood 4/64, but i think its with DDR3 memory, because it gives error on 3% on all roms that i tried. But another problem i have: IR remote receiver is not responding on device, and have very weak Wifi signal, can't connect to router, only if really close, 10 cm. Can somebody advise me how to open case on H96? I cant see any screws or way to open case without break? To see this problems inside case what is going on with extreme weak wifi and no working IR signal... Thank you in advance
                back side, put a pen in the silver roof, and you will see an opening. than just use a guitar pick to open the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post

Go here and pick out one in the firmware section. HK1 is good for this box, they all work and are in English.
                  https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...933263&st=1680
                  Hi can i check if this is the best rom for h96 max x2? My stock firmware is laggy when i watch HD video and HD live streaming... Very bad....
                  Your rom everything works fine? TIA.

Comment

hi, i tried but only T95 works with wifi!

this is the link for the rom.

BTW im missing status bar and navigation buttons.

any solution for status bar?
                    ?*
                    This rom wifi do not work w h96 max x2?

Comment

Apparently they released an Android Pie 9 firmware for the H96 Max X2. I believe it's for the 4GB box and it was posted at 4pda.
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Installing it right now, will report back later.

edit: Installed and so far so good.
                      -Rooted
                      -No stutter in youtube
                      -Propper settings app, unlike the other android 9 firmware
                      -Play store updates
                      -No upper lower bars
                      -On the initial bootup, there was a black screen for ~20-30 seconds before it fully started... was a bit worried, but probably just setting everything up for the first launch.
                      -When using a physical keyboard, enter key doesn't work as is usually the case with these stock firmwares, but it's easy to fix.

Very solid firmware IMO, will definitely be the one I use.
                      Last edited by rahzel; 06-16-2019, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                        Apparently they released an Android Pie 9 firmware for the H96 Max X2. I believe it's for the 4GB box and it was posted at 4pda.
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

-Rooted
                        -No stutter in youtube
                        -Play store updates
                        -No upper lower bars
                        -On the initial bootup, there was a black screen for ~20-30 seconds before it fully started... was a bit worried, but probably just setting everything up for the first launch.
                        -When using a physical keyboard, enter key doesn't work as is usually the case with these stock firmwares, but it's easy to fix.

I'll check it out

Comment

-Rooted
                          -No stutter in youtube
                          -Play store updates
                          -No upper lower bars

Having trouble with my network, ethernet drops connection from time to time, I couldn't get wireless to connect at all, it shows my wireless but can't connect. Otherwise it seems to work alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post

Having trouble with my network, ethernet drops connection from time to time, I couldn't get wireless to connect at all, it shows my wireless but can't connect. Otherwise it seems to work alright.
                            Weird... it is an official firmware release for this box. The person who posted the link also shared where he got it from, which seems to be straight from the manufacturer: https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

I haven't tried ethernet, but my wifi connected no problem for me. Used it for a few hours now and I've had no issues... it has been very stable. The only problem I ran into, was I left a youtube video paused for like 20-30 minutes and turned off my TV, and when I went to resume the audio was out of sync. Closed it and played it again, and it played fine.

From the link above, there are firmwares for the 2GB and 4GB LPDDR3 memory variants too, not android pie mind you, but maybe worth trying for those of you with those versions.

Pleasantly surprised that we got a pie update relatively soon.
                            Last edited by rahzel; 06-17-2019, 01:05.

Comment

Weird... it is an official firmware release for this box. The person who posted the link also shared where he got it from, which seems to be straight from the manufacturer: https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

I haven't tried ethernet, but my wifi connected no problem for me. Used it for a few hours now and I've had no issues... it has been very stable. The only problem I ran into, was I left a youtube video paused for like 20-30 minutes and turned off my TV, and when I went to resume the audio was out of sync. Closed it and played it again, and it played fine.

From the link above, there are firmwares for the 2GB and 4GB LPDDR3 memory variants too, not android pie mind you, but maybe worth trying for those of you with those versions.

Pleasantly surprised that we got a pie update relatively soon.
                              I got it from MEGA and had a hard time downloading it, I even had to change the file extension file type to open it. I will download again from your link and reflash it later.

Comment

Weird... it is an official firmware release for this box. The person who posted the link also shared where he got it from, which seems to be straight from the manufacturer: [URL]but my wifi connected no problem for me. Used it for a few hours now and I've had no issues...
                                Does that mean android 9 solved the weak wifi problem or are you connecting to wifi in same room? This is unbelievable that our manufacturer would oblige with official android 9 and that too stable? Its not 1st April is it? Is the stock launcher same as before?

Comment

Working...
                                X