H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawncck View Post

Hi, I managed to flash this sec link and boot up. The su file is no longer in xbin. But my tv app still detect as root.
    How to verify if it is indeed unroot? This tv app is under subscription. I paid monthly subscription. Is a local government company which won't go offline. I need it to be working on this box.
    Use root checker app from play store.

Also.
    search for su file in sbin folder. It could be in system or outside system folder. See if you can find sbin folder and su within it. My gut says its outside system folder.

Comment

put sd card in usb card reader.
      run sd cardburner and choose Englishhttps://ibb.co/RTC1gm4
      check all options and format the sd card with the sdcard burnerhttps://ibb.co/pQWVyvH
      pres open and inport imige file and pres make and wait to finish sd card burner

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Use root checker app from play store.

Also.
        search for su file in sbin folder. It could be in system or outside system folder. See if you can find sbin folder and su within it. My gut says its outside system folder.
        Hi, You are right. There are su file and magisk folder inside. And root checker still state it is root. What should i do now?

Comment

Hi, You are right. There are su file and magisk folder inside. And root checker still state it is root. What should i do now?
          Now just like supersu, we will try to achieve proper root with magisk before unrooting properly. So flash magisk zip from twrp.

Originally posted by jeffta View Post
          put sd card in usb card reader.
          run sd cardburner and choose Englishhttps://ibb.co/RTC1gm4
          check all options and format the sd card with the sdcard burnerhttps://ibb.co/pQWVyvH
          pres open and inport imige file and pres make and wait to finish sd card burner
          But I have used those steps and my sdcard gets prepared fine. Just when I put it in box and use reset button to boot from sdcard, green android appears for some seconds and vanishes. Out of infinite times that I have tried, only once did I manage to flash HK1 pro this way. And till date I dont know what I did differently to achieve it. I would appreciate a full video.

Comment

[QUOTE=romcrazy;n774750]

Now just like supersu, we will try to achieve proper root with magisk before unrooting properly. So flash magisk zip from twrp.

Sorry the other time i install magisk with magisk manager. I do not have the magisk zip. Do u have the link? How about the SU file. Do i delete away from sbin?

Comment

[QUOTE=Shawncck;n774752]

Sorry the other time i install magisk with magisk manager. I do not have the magisk zip. Do u have the link? How about the SU file. Do i delete away from sbin?
              Why do you wish to delete files without caring about your box hanging? Delete the file but only you will be responsible for any problems. But since you have your backup, you can restore that later if something goes wrong. Try this uninstaller first. Maybe you get lucky. Flash it from twrp

Comment

pres restart buton an hold,
                when you see the android free buton.
                Last edited by jeffta; 06-04-2019, 14:42.

Comment

[QUOTE=romcrazy;n774753]

Why do you wish to delete files without caring about your box hanging? Delete the file but only you will be responsible for any problems. But since you have your backup, you can restore that later if something goes wrong. Try this uninstaller first. Maybe you get lucky. Flash it from twrp

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...r-20190501.zip
                  Hi I have flash the magisk uninstaller but the sbin folder still contain the magisk file and su file. It is still stated as root. What do i do now?

Comment

[QUOTE=Shawncck;n774758]

Hi I have flash the magisk uninstaller but the sbin folder still contain the magisk file and su file. It is still stated as root. What do i do now?
                    Flash this.

Then install this

Then open magisk app and uninstall from within the app.

Comment

[QUOTE=romcrazy;n774773]Hi bro, I was able to hide the root using magisk now and my tv app work well now. Thank you so much for your help.
                      One more thing I not sure if i can check w u. I realised my box remote button has no impact on the tv application. I cant use the number pad on remote to change channel... i can only use a air mouse or mouse to change channel. Is there any app whereby i can map the number pad to a click so that i can press number to change the channel? I want to make it easy for my parent who does not know how to use the air mouse.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shawncck;n774801]

Hi bro, I was able to hide the root using magisk now and my tv app work well now. Thank you so much for your help.
                        One more thing I not sure if i can check w u. I realised my box remote button has no impact on the tv application. I cant use the number pad on remote to change channel... i can only use a air mouse or mouse to change channel. Is there any app whereby i can map the number pad to a click so that i can press number to change the channel? I want to make it easy for my parent who does not know how to use the air mouse.
                        If you were able to use magisk hide now. It means the firmware was rooted by both supersu and magisk, thats why earlier with magisk hide, tv app still saw supersu's su and showed rooted. when supersu's su got removed, tv app stopped detecting magisk root. You can still unroot it from magisk now but I would advise you to keep magisk because your next challenge needs root as mentioned below.

I cant help you with remote thing. I have never done it before. I use air mouse and even my mother learned air mouse fairly quickly (she cant even use youtube and facebook lol) Air mouse is pretty easy, you could help your parent get familiar with it easily if you give it some time. Nevertheless apart from the advice, the tutorial below might help you. Android is linux based and there is something called key layout files (kl files). This tutorial is your hope. good luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=romcrazy;n774802]

If you were able to use magisk hide now. It means the firmware was rooted by both supersu and magisk, thats why earlier with magisk hide, tv app still saw supersu's su and showed rooted. when supersu's su got removed, tv app stopped detecting magisk root. You can still unroot it from magisk now but I would advise you to keep magisk because your next challenge needs root as mentioned below.

I cant help you with remote thing. I have never done it before. I use air mouse and even my mother learned air mouse fairly quickly (she cant even use youtube and facebook lol) Air mouse is pretty easy, you could help your parent get familiar with it easily if you give it some time. Nevertheless apart from the advice, the tutorial below might help you. Android is linux based and there is something called key layout files (kl files). This tutorial is your hope. good luck.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/dev...-to-your-needs
                          Thank you so much for the help... And I really learn alot from you. Can I ask you how to flash this box? I want to try out other rom. Izzit the same as copy the .img file into sd card. Boot to TWRP and restore? Is this the way to flash?

Comment

[QUOTE=Shawncck;n774805]

Thank you so much for the help... And I really learn alot from you. Can I ask you how to flash this box? I want to try out other rom. Izzit the same as copy the .img file into sd card. Boot to TWRP and restore? Is this the way to flash?
                            tutorial: Use the links in the tutorial below. The firmware is a bit old though and its stock. You can find other firmwares in the current thread. Just 30 pages. If your driver fails to work, check whether you have digitally signed drivers. That is a big problems for a lot of flashers here. Unsigned drivers have huge issues with windows 10. latest UBT is 2.1.7.0. You can find it on google. keeping a backup always helps. because you never know when flashing might go wrong.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/h...re-link.14718/

Latest stock firmware can be found below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...goZJdJ2WXKX6_M

Comment

hello
                              is there a netflix app apk for android box with 720p quality ????

Comment

[QUOTE=romcrazy;n774806]

tutorial: Use the links in the tutorial below. The firmware is a bit old though and its stock. You can find other firmwares in the current thread. Just 30 pages. If your driver fails to work, check whether you have digitally signed drivers. That is a big problems for a lot of flashers here. Unsigned drivers have huge issues with windows 10. latest UBT is 2.1.7.0. You can find it on google. keeping a backup always helps. because you never know when flashing might go wrong.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/h...re-link.14718/

Latest stock firmware can be found below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...goZJdJ2WXKX6_M
                                Thanks for the link... I just read up... Will try when i buy the male cable... In the event of flash failed halfway, can i restore back through twrp using my backup?

Comment

Working...
                                X