Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

Male to male connection to flash definitely works as I have to do it many times when working on stuff. if you want PC to see it to transfer files
    you would need to changed connection type to mtp in dev options.
    Had to press and hold the Reset button for some time. The USB flash mode works now.
    But ADB over USB still doesn't work. It doesn't really affect me as I am able to ADB over network(Wi-Fi/Ethernet).

Cheers,

Comment

What am I missing?? When I'm using file explorer I can't seem to find /SD card so I can't install this rom??

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDreamer View Post
        What am I missing?? When I'm using file explorer I can't seem to find /SD card so I can't install this rom??
        Its just the internal storage, put the files where all the folders are

Comment

works perfectly with my tx8 max except for remote. Tried replacing remote.conf with no luck. Any ideas on how to get remote working?

Comment

Originally posted by bishoplog24 View Post
            works perfectly with my tx8 max except for remote. Tried replacing remote.conf with no luck. Any ideas on how to get remote working?
            Need to replace system/usr/keylayouts/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl with the one from your stock rom, unless you used the burn images for GT1 then that would be the problem

Comment

Its just the internal storage, put the files where all the folders are
              Thanks.

Comment

Need to replace system/usr/keylayouts/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl with the one from your stock rom, unless you used the burn images for GT1 then that would be the problem
                Thanks. Ill try that.

Comment

[QUOTE=tillaz87;n657916]Description:

Important as of Update 2

Its now highly recommended to reboot to recovery and flash chainfires systemless root. (removes beelinks)
                  the root included by beelink is dangerous as attempting to update the su binary with supersu causes bootloop..
                  it is also detectable and some apps wont work with this method. I can not do this via the script as it needs to patch the boot.img
                  Download

Sorry for the noob questions....

This type of flash is new to me as I previously owned a Minix box and used OTA for updates. Is there a step by step for this?

And...Am I missing something as I cannot get the Bluetooth to work with this Rom as well as the Beelink 703 ROM? I have it on and searching and my device is in pairing mode so any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                  CD

Comment

First off congrats for the sticky ... well deserved

Just to help others wondering about simple things:

As this rom is Android TV so ONLY Remote Control supporting apps/games are available for install in Play (mentioned above), and they are not that many BTW.

Life is definitely easier with an Air Mouse, which works even in TWRP recovery..... mine is MeLE F10 Deluxe

To install other apps that aren't supported one need to SIDELOAD them:
                    1. From Play on your GT1 TV Box find and install ES File Explorer File Manager, it's supported by Android TV
                    2. Visit aptoide.com on your PC and download Reboot (to boot into recovery), copy it to an SD card or USB flash (you can download other apps as needed, GDrive, Chrome...etc)
                    3. Stick the USB flash/SD card in your GT1 TV box and use ES File Explorer to find the apps you downloaded including Reboot
                    4. You can either install the apps directly or copy them to Box and then install them, (copying is a bit fiddly though)
                    5. Another alternative is by accessing Cloud/Dropbox/Drive via ES File manager with it's Network option, and download preloaded apps from there.

Now to install the supersu zip as recommended in OP:
                    1. Download/copy the zip to your GT1 TV box.
                    2. Open Reboot app you installed earlier and choose reboot to recovery.
                    3. Find the zip and flash it
                    4. Reboot, have some patience..... you have now a proper root with SuperUser.

Thanks again tillaz87 for the awesome ROM!

Comment

Originally posted by nerdoo View Post
                      First off congrats for the sticky ... well deserved

Just to help others wondering about simple things:

As this rom is Android TV so ONLY Remote Control supporting apps/games are available for install in Play (mentioned above), and they are not that many BTW.

Life is definitely easier with an Air Mouse, which works even in TWRP recovery..... mine is MeLE F10 Deluxe

To install other apps that aren't supported one need to SIDELOAD them:
                      1. From Play on your GT1 TV Box find and install ES File Explorer File Manager, it's supported by Android TV
                      2. Visit aptoide.com on your PC and download Reboot (to boot into recovery), copy it to an SD card or USB flash (you can download other apps as needed, GDrive, Chrome...etc)
                      3. Stick the USB flash/SD card in your GT1 TV box and use ES File Explorer to find the apps you downloaded including Reboot
                      4. You can either install the apps directly or copy them to Box and then install them, (copying is a bit fiddly though)
                      5. Another alternative is by accessing Cloud/Dropbox/Drive via ES File manager with it's Network option, and download preloaded apps from there.

Now to install the supersu zip as recommended in OP:
                      1. Download/copy the zip to your GT1 TV box.
                      2. Open Reboot app you installed earlier and choose reboot to recovery.
                      3. Find the zip and flash it
                      4. Reboot, have some patience..... you have now a proper root with SuperUser.

Thanks again tillaz87 for the awesome ROM!
                      Thanks for all the help...

CD

Is bluetooth working? I can not connect attempted with more then one device....

Thanks again....

CD

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDreamer View Post

Thanks for all the help...

CD

Is bluetooth working? I can not connect attempted with more then one device....

Thanks again....

CD
                        Bluetooth and wifi is untouched by the .zip so my guess is you might of flashed the wrong stock firmware image for you chipset?

Comment

Bluetooth and wifi is untouched by the .zip so my guess is you might of flashed the wrong stock firmware image for you chipset?
                          I will try the other stock firmware.

Thanks,

CD

Comment

So if I used the burn img from G1 then am I out of luck with correcting the remote issue? If I can't use the G1 image, is there another Image that I may be able to use with Tanix TX8 Max AP6255?

Comment

Originally posted by bishoplog24 View Post

So if I used the burn img from G1 then am I out of luck with correcting the remote issue? If I can't use the G1 image, is there another Image that I may be able to use with Tanix TX8 Max AP6255?
                              as of now yes, possibly not in future. if beelink update with latest sdk changes.

You can find stock 7.1.2 for your device here http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...ll-image-beta/
                              its beta but full release is end of this month i think.

There are few things in this zip that stop it been universal across all 64 bit 7.1.2 devices

build.prop (gives 4k youtube)
                              framework-res.apk (TV multi tasking)
                              DroidSettings.apk (orientation setting)
                              Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl (screenshot for remote)

and the mount points for recovery and logo

remove the above from zip and it should be universal. (Any 64bit 7.1.2)
                              Last edited by tillaz87; 08-16-2017, 08:11.

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Note that this beta has some issues. For example, they've hidden both Droid TV Settings and More Settings from the main TVSettings.apk. Not sure why they felt this was necessary, but it hides a lot of essential configuration options.

Congratulations on your efforts!! I am interesed in trying your rom, but there is one question I have before I do: Did Beelink finally manage to solve the RGB problem on the 7.1.x firmware? I have a rather old SONY TV and until now no efficient solution from Beelink was provided to force RGB output. Does anyone know whether this problem (which renders my GT1 unusable) has been tackled in the meantime?

Thank's again!

PS I download the 1.zip but can't unzip it. It says that it is in a non readable format. Can you please re-upload your script?

Comment

Working...
                              X