NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killain View Post
    I used the parameter files on the first page using Wendal's tool. I currently have 6gb of app space.

http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/site...G_Mod_Tool.zip
    Thanks but your link is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajukenbo View Post
      Thanks but your link is dead.
      works for me but here is a Dropbox link.

Comment

Found a bug, but am still on 0.94, did not have time to update yet.

Since ive always used the 3.5mm audio through my analogue Hi-Fi stereo system, sound was always in sync there with video, though HDMI seems to be out of sync for a second. First i thought it's wi-fi, the ive noticed the "un-disable-able" sound click delays as well and not just music, sounds comes a single second after clicks, yet there is no whatsoever visual delay.

Sorry if this has been reported before

Comment

0.95 Issues

I had a couple of problems with the latest firmware.

Firstly; I couldn't get the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to work. Standard WiFi works but when setting it up as a hotspot/AP it just doesn't seem to broadcast.

Secondly is with the Mass Storage. The only storage I could get the Minix to recognise as an SDCard was an actual SDCard. USB sticks and my 1TB HDD only show in the notification area and in the file system (under /mnts/usb0 /mnts/usb1 etc.) Furthermore; they show as persistant notifications stating 'USBMassStorage click to use' but nothing happens when you click on them.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-23-16-39-46.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	433616

I flashed 0.95 a few times to make sure the flash didn't go awry and then tried a few different kernels but they only seemed to lag the box (and also didn't resolve the issues).

Gone back to 0.92 for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by killain View Post
            works for me but here is a Dropbox link.
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiruuhbtf0...G_Mod_Tool.zip
            Got it. Cool thanks!

Comment

Thanks for all your work wasser.

Is there a way to go 0.92 > .95 without having to use RKBatchTool ie without having to use a PC?

Normally I'd go through CWM or something, but not sure if that is recommended...

Unfortunately I have to borrow a laptop every time I want to flash my X7.

If not, would you consider including an upgrade method that doesn't involve PC flashing in future releases? (Something like Quickshot have in their ROM).

If this is too difficult to achieve, then my apologies for asking and thanks again

Comment

hi.
                got a short question

-->> is this rom the real deal?so real Kitkat 4.4.2 or just customrom based on the 3.0.36 kernel,so 4.2.2?

i ask because of this statement of minix:

You may be aware that some brands, including Tronsmart, have begun releasing 4.4 KitKat ROMs. However, these are 'fake' 4.4 ROMS, which are in fact using the old 4.2 (3.0.36) Kernel. This isn't genuine Android 4.4 KitKat, and isn't giving users the true Android experience that 4.4 offers. We rightly believe it's important to wait until the real Kernels for Android 4.4 KitKat are released before we commence working on this OS version.
                -->> http://minixforums.com/threads/offic...ix-4-4-2.4348/

so does this rom come from the real 4.4.2 sdk source or just 4.2.2 with some changes?

sry 4 my english
                thx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by lachyzee View Post
                  Thanks for all your work wasser.

Is there a way to go 0.92 > .95 without having to use RKBatchTool ie without having to use a PC?

Normally I'd go through CWM or something, but not sure if that is recommended...

Unfortunately I have to borrow a laptop every time I want to flash my X7.

If not, would you consider including an upgrade method that doesn't involve PC flashing in future releases? (Something like Quickshot have in their ROM).

If this is too difficult to achieve, then my apologies for asking and thanks again
                  Use win7 or xp in a virtual machine. If you have a Mac, Parallels desktop 9 works fine. I use it on my MBP. Installed it especially for this. All you have to do is manually install the rockchip drivers and you're good to go.
                  Oracle Virtual box is also working fine and it's free.
                  https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and chose your "flavour" You'll find also a lot of video tutorials about installing it.

Comment

Sorry, having a blond moment; Curious to know why does the ROM come with a 1gig parameter file by default and not the 6g? I ask because I want to know the benefit. Is it that you have more nandroid space I guess to write random stuff to that's independent of the system files?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiralina View Post
                      Use win7 or xp in a virtual machine. If you have a Mac, Parallels desktop 9 works fine. I use it on my MBP. Installed it especially for this. All you have to do is manually install the rockchip drivers and you're good to go.
                      Oracle Virtual box is also working fine and it's free.
                      https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and chose your "flavour" You'll find also a lot of video tutorials about installing it.
                      Thanks - but I don't have a computer at all to use at the moment

Hence why I was wondering if it could all be done from the X7.

Comment

Please, give intructions to upgrade from .92 to .95 and retain all apps and data

Comment

Very nice! Thanks in advance!!!
                          This rom is excellent for me ^^

Comment

Very Nice

What a great ROM. I've been using 4.2 and decided to give it a go and wow you've done good work here! I installed the latest Gotham beta4 and the combo works perfect together. Not many app scripts work with Gotham but Mashup does and so does Youtube. All my local files play extremely fast including the blurays. I'm running the OC kernel at 1704/720 and it zipps through everything I throw at it. So far no issues but Ill let you know if I find anything. Wifi is extremely fast as well and my 1000+ movie library took a quarter of the time scraping the web...

Also the Gotham beta4 is the only XBMC app out of the box that the keyboard is mapped correctly...

Very happy, this is my new daily driver! Thank you sir...

Frank

Comment

You know... Minix should just scrap what they have and start over with your KitKat... Major step change here... Cant wait for your final release!

Thanks Wasser!

Comment

RkRemoteControl not work with gyroscope

Comment

Working...
                                X