• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by androidgadget11 View Post

I'll wait for Your modification "resource.img"
    /system/lib/hw/hdmi_cec.rk30board.so

Is the exact file name of you can't wait

Comment

hi
      I re flashed v7 ( because no twrp and nothing work... )
      flashed v8 everything ok ( but green/pink is back............ )
      flashed v8-2 twrp not working... flashed the twrp img in andriod tool... and twrp is up again... but green/pink is back....
      flashed tronzid orignal kernel the box go to boot loop after your cool new logo....

going back to v7....
      bumer.....

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post

can you flash back to the official stock zidoo kernel

to do this download the official zidoo update 1.0.33 is the newest

open the file with a zip program

extract boot.img kernel.img and resource.img to USB stick

boot into TWRP

flash these images by clicking install then click images (bottom right)

then select boot.img and flash to boot partition

rinse and repeat for other images

reboot, now you have fully funtional zidoo x6?

Thanks for the reply here and a couple posts above. Thanks for the great details on how to either get TWRP back onto the device and/or get the stock boot. kernel and resource files back onto the device.

Will the android tool v2.5 install the images as well or its better to use TWRP, for boot.img, kernel.img and resources.img? Also for TWRP can we rename the file to recovery.img and flash it using either TWRP or Android tool? I actually use windows for the TV box but Mac terminal for my Nexus 7 with google tools, fastboot etc.

I see from the post above the TWRP file also has the kernel in it. No way to get TWRP alone without kernel? I never realized over the years working with tablet custom roms that the recovery partition includes the kernel as well, and makes sense that is has to, otherwise it will screw up the original kernel in that partition. I should have known better otherwise we would not have so many different versions of TWRP.

I am going to try and work on this in a few minutes or when I get back from work tonight. I wonder why the developer for TWRP has only posted one TV box, the Amlogic 200 series. Would you think an email request for the rockchip 3368 might help? I see Abdul stopped supporting them for a while now.
        Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-03-2016, 15:23.

Comment

When open zidoo 1.33 Rom, where localized Kernel and Resources in this firmware. Only found boot. Please, anything explain me how extract kernel.img zip file and resources.img Thank you

Comment

Guys,

I wasn't really happy with the logos that I put in the kernel and ZDMC so i have decided to release v8 rom series 2.

Changes:

- Fixed ugly logo's
            - TWRP with built in kernel

Can be Downloaded from here

Sorry, this will reinstall Kodi and reset your settings, please backup your settings first.

Thanks

Yeah, now these ones are better... I am also not good at it, was expecting someone better than me to help with it. These ones are already good. If nobody with better design skills steps up and if you still want to improve these one, then I will do my best to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
              When open zidoo 1.33 Rom, where localized Kernel and Resources in this firmware. Only found boot. Please, anything explain me how extract kernel.img zip file and resources.img Thank you
              Download this rom http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0...ro_v1.0.19.img

Original zidoo rom

Use android tool to extract the kernel and resource

Sorry 🙏

Comment

lonix Kodi Logo is not updated, I reinstalled v7 and then v8-2 on top of it and the logo is still the same. My suggestion: keep Kodi as is, it should be enough to have the Boot logo customized (my 2 cents).

Comment

Originally posted by VonHesdin View Post
                  lonix Kodi Logo is not updated, I reinstalled v7 and then v8-2 on top of it and the logo is still the same. My suggestion: keep Kodi as is, it should be enough to have the Boot logo customized (my 2 cents).
                  Looks like i rushed that one out the door.

The work is already done just forgot to update the .zip file properly. Oops

<=======EDIT=======>

Ok, Ive updated the link to th v8-2 rom kodi logo is fixed.

https://mega.nz/#!mRhmQB6b!H_VK5v1cSD-gFd_pB_x_fJkxPR4VpH5s8hC6NtjHoqg
                  Last edited by lonix; 03-04-2016, 02:15.

Comment

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post

Thanks for the reply here and a couple posts above. Thanks for the great details on how to either get TWRP back onto the device and/or get the stock boot. kernel and resource files back onto the device.

Will the android tool v2.5 install the images as well or its better to use TWRP, for boot.img, kernel.img and resources.img? Also for TWRP can we rename the file to recovery.img and flash it using either TWRP or Android tool? I actually use windows for the TV box but Mac terminal for my Nexus 7 with google tools, fastboot etc.

I see from the post above the TWRP file also has the kernel in it. No way to get TWRP alone without kernel? I never realized over the years working with tablet custom roms that the recovery partition includes the kernel as well, and makes sense that is has to, otherwise it will screw up the original kernel in that partition. I should have known better otherwise we would not have so many different versions of TWRP.

I am going to try and work on this in a few minutes or when I get back from work tonight. I wonder why the developer for TWRP has only posted one TV box, the Amlogic 200 series. Would you think an email request for the rockchip 3368 might help? I see Abdul stopped supporting them for a while now.

I made it easier for all Zidoo X6 owners.

This flashable .zip contains the stock zidoo kernel,boot,resource files.

Install v7 then update to v8-2 then flash this.

Comment

I made it easier for all Zidoo X6 owners.

This flashable .zip contains the stock zidoo kernel,boot,resource files.

Install v7 then update to v8-2 then flash this.

Thanks just got home will try this. Seems like the site might be down at the moment or file not uploaded yet?

Edited:

Cannot connect?
                      Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-04-2016, 04:00.

Comment

Thanks just got home will try this. Seems like the site might be down at the moment or file not uploaded yet?

Edited:

Cannot connect?
                        https://mega.nz/#!PF5FSZZT!NVfNaI000MjGh6luhDlw2s06R3ExYi_5n40Mnhb cLxU

foe some reason the link was missing the : after https

Comment

https://mega.nz/#!PF5FSZZT!NVfNaI000MjGh6luhDlw2s06R3ExYi_5n40Mnhb cLxU

foe some reason the link was missing the : after https

Thanks that worked perfectly. USB enabled again. So the Tronsmart rom is actually the Zidoo rom with your mods and the kernel/boot/resource files from the Tronsmart source? Is the Kernel Customized by you or just a stock Tronsmart kernel?

Hope that eventually there will be support for the Zidoo X6 Pro. There is a thread for it but they are older releases.

Thanks Again!!
                          Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-04-2016, 14:14.

Comment

Thanks that worked perfectly. USB enabled again. So the Tronsmart rom is actually the Zidoo rom with your mods and the kernel/boot/resource files from the Tronsmart source? Is the Kernel Customized by or just a stock Tronsmart kernel?

Hope that eventually there will be support for the Zidoo X6 Pro. There is a thread for it but they are older releases.

Thanks Again!!
                            Yes, basically I just stole the Zidoo rom and brought it to Tronsmart r68.

Comment

Looks like i rushed that one out the door.

The work is already done just forgot to update the .zip file properly. Oops

<=======EDIT=======>

Ok, Ive updated the link to th v8-2 rom kodi logo is fixed.

https://mega.nz/#!mRhmQB6b!H_VK5v1cSD-gFd_pB_x_fJkxPR4VpH5s8hC6NtjHoqg

Thumbs up lonix

Comment

Yes, basically I just stole the Zidoo rom and brought it to Tronsmart r68.
                                Did you use the first original Tronsmart ROM or did you use the newest 206L version that came out a short while ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X