X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi
    I notice a weird problem after the v7 flashed last week
    I got back the freezing back...
    and something old / new sometime a video stop playing and return to the launcher...
    it never happen on v4
    maybe I need to re flash v4 ?
    it was the best version yet...

Comment

One dropped frame in a minute is not a big deal, but changing from 25/50 to 24, or 30/60 to 24 does the matter. KODI by Wasser does this job, but that has other issues with Zidoo firmwares. I'll try to check build.prop, too.
      Regards, STZO
      Regards, STZO

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone having issues with audio playing but no video in v7 - I had to disable rockchip codec so that every file would play video too. I have a tronsmart orion.

Comment

I installed V7 on Beelink R68 and he works very well. (IR remote, LED, optical, Youtube...)

Comment

Hi All,
            I extracted KODI from the latest (1.0.32) Zidoo update, and installed it over TronZid v4. This is a modified 16 beta4, and must say, at the first site, it works perfectly on Orion meta!
            Refresh rate changes accurately according to video content, both for the local and online movies as well.
            Optical audio passthrough is fine for 5.1 Dolby digital and DTS audio too!

I have some video files which refresh rate was not set at the first install, so I added the "Advancedsettings.xml" file as the follows, it solved all the problems remained:

"
            <advancedsettings>

<measurerefreshrate>true</measurerefreshrate>

<video>
            <fpsdetect>0</fpsdetect>
            <adjustrefreshrate>
            <override>
            <fps>23.976</fps> <!-- if the fps is between 23.966 and 23.986 -->
            <refresh>24.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 23.99 and 24.01 -->
            </override>
            <override>
            <fps>25.0</fps>
            <refresh>50.0</refresh>
            </override>
            <override>
            <fpsmin>29.9</fpsmin> <!-- You can also specify the fps range yourself -->
            <fpsmax>30.1</fpsmax>
            <refreshmin>58.0</refreshmin> <!-- Same for the refreshrate -->
            <refreshmax>62.0</refreshmax>
            </override>
            <override>
            <fpsmin>59.9</fpsmin> <!-- You can also specify the fps range yourself -->
            <fpsmax>60.1</fpsmax>
            </override>

<fallback>
            <refresh>50.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 49.99 and 50.01. -->
            </fallback>
            <fallback>
            <refreshmin>48.0</refreshmin>
            <refreshmax>52.0</refreshmax>
            </fallback>
            </adjustrefreshrate>
            </video>

</advancedsettings>
            "

Fallback settings are not necessary, I left them in just for sure. This is the default setting of my TV set, as well as of my Android system value.
            If your system runs at 60fps most of the time, set 60 fps instead. Settings can be fine tuned if necessary for a certain system.
            I use MIMIC, this seems one of the best configurable skin for KODI, if you have specific locations (directories) of the different media contents in your local area network. It worth a try!

Regards, Stzo
            Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi all,

I am getting enthusiastic and curious reading this forum and maybe I am gonna experiment on this. Still got a few questions before 'jumping into deep' and hoping you can answer those:
              - I have a Z4 device, based on RK3368, is this ROM suitable for this device?
              - This ROM is based on ZIDOO, I understand. Does this mean it also offers the launcher like ZIDOO (I really like it)?
              - Is it possible to switch between the ZIDOO launcher and the standard Android launcher (in case I don't like it after all)
              - Does this ROM support switching the device on/off via remote?
              - Does this ROM have the possibility to go to sleep or switch off after a period of not using it
              - Is KODI part of the firmware? Is there a particular reason for this? Can KODI from the app store be used too?
              - What if this ROM turns out not to be good for this device. Is there a way back to install the original ROM? Where can I find these?

Sorry for asking this much questions, but thanks in advance for the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by JosD View Post
                Hi all,

I am getting enthusiastic and curious reading this forum and maybe I am gonna experiment on this. Still got a few questions before 'jumping into deep' and hoping you can answer those:
                - I have a Z4 device, based on RK3368, is this ROM suitable for this device?
                - This ROM is based on ZIDOO, I understand. Does this mean it also offers the launcher like ZIDOO (I really like it)?
                - Is it possible to switch between the ZIDOO launcher and the standard Android launcher (in case I don't like it after all)
                - Does this ROM support switching the device on/off via remote?
                - Does this ROM have the possibility to go to sleep or switch off after a period of not using it
                - Is KODI part of the firmware? Is there a particular reason for this? Can KODI from the app store be used too?
                - What if this ROM turns out not to be good for this device. Is there a way back to install the original ROM? Where can I find these?

Sorry for asking this much questions, but thanks in advance for the answers.
                Yes it comes with the Zidoo launcher and Kodi and works on my Beelink i68. If WiFi does not work ( i68 with AP3360 ) use the /etc/system/firmware trick to fix it. But Bluetooth will not work. Maybe someone else know how to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post
                  Hi All,
                  I extracted KODI from the latest (1.0.32) Zidoo update, and installed it over TronZid v4. This is a modified 16 beta4, and must say, at the first site, it works perfectly on Orion meta!
                  Refresh rate changes accurately according to video content, both for the local and online movies as well.

I have some video files which refresh rate was not set at the first install, so I added the "Advancedsettings.xml" file as the follows, it solved all the problems remained:

"
                  <advancedsettings>

<video>
                  <fpsdetect>0</fpsdetect>
                  <adjustrefreshrate>
                  <override>
                  <refresh>24.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 23.99 and 24.01 -->
                  </override>
                  <override>
                  <fps>25.0</fps>
                  <refresh>50.0</refresh>
                  </override>
                  <override>
                  <fpsmax>30.1</fpsmax>
                  </override>
                  <override>
                  <fpsmax>60.1</fpsmax>
                  </override>

<fallback>
                  <refresh>50.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 49.99 and 50.01. -->
                  </fallback>
                  <fallback>
                  </fallback>
                  </adjustrefreshrate>
                  </video>

</advancedsettings>
                  "

Fallback settings are not necessary, I left them in just for sure. This is the default setting of my TV set, as well as of my Android system value.
                  If your system runs at 60fps most of the time, set 60 fps instead. Settings can be fine tuned if necessary for a certain system.
                  I use MIMIC, this seems one of the best configurable skin for KODI, if you have specific locations (directories) of the different media contents in your local area network. It worth a try!

Regards, Stzo

Hi

Great trick Stzo,

I tested on a 15.2 from zidoo 1.0.27, the auto refreshrate is OK
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post
                    There is no way to go from the Ugoos rom to the Zidoo rom with TWRP because the parameter file needs to change, the parameter file defines the partitions.
                    Better to flash the full Rom, using batch tool or factory tool
                    Thank you for the work ...
                    I have 2 questions:
                    1) I have install v5 with factory tool then v6 from TWRP, but when flash v7 from twrp I lost all partitions. reading what you have write, I undestand that v7 need to be flash from factory tool and not from TWRP, Is it right ?
                    2) I don't like the playstore installed from ziddo (I prefer originals one), how can I flash the google default one ? (also I don't see my apps).

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post
                      Hi All,

"
                      <advancedsettings>

<video>
                      <fpsdetect>0</fpsdetect>
                      <adjustrefreshrate>
                      <override>
                      </override>
                      <override>
                      <fps>25.0</fps>
                      <refresh>50.0</refresh>
                      </override>
                      <override>
                      <fpsmax>30.1</fpsmax>
                      </override>
                      <override>
                      <fpsmax>60.1</fpsmax>
                      </override>

<fallback>
                      </fallback>
                      <fallback>
                      </fallback>
                      </adjustrefreshrate>
                      </video>

</advancedsettings>
                      "

Regards, Stzo
                      Thankyou, for your contribution, I have made a flashable zip which will install the new version of kodi, and add the AdvancedSettings.xml file this should work on any version of this ROM it can be downloaded here

flash the .zip and reboot, kodi will be installed on first boot.
                      Last edited by lonix; 02-09-2016, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post

Thank you for the work ...
                        I have 2 questions:
                        1) I have install v5 with factory tool then v6 from TWRP, but when flash v7 from twrp I lost all partitions. reading what you have write, I undestand that v7 need to be flash from factory tool and not from TWRP, Is it right ?
                        2) I don't like the playstore installed from ziddo (I prefer originals one), how can I flash the google default one ? (also I don't see my apps).
                        I really should remove that flashable .zip , it seems to be nothing but problems, please use factory tool to install v7, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post

Yes it comes with the Zidoo launcher and Kodi and works on my Beelink i68. If WiFi does not work ( i68 with AP3360 ) use the /etc/system/firmware trick to fix it. But Bluetooth will not work. Maybe someone else know how to fix that.
                          hi, can you try flash this file , or install it manually, and tell me if it fixes bluetooth, I pulled it from the beelink rom

Comment

Hi Ionix,
                            If you're patching XML as well, every time I install a new ROM, I have to make the below changes to guisettings.xml.
                            I reckon they must be wrong for 99% of people as well:

<defaultvideosettings>
                            <showsubtitles>false</showsubtitles>
                            </defaultvideosettings>

<myvideos>
                            <playlist>
                            <repeat>false</repeat>
                            </playlist>
                            </myvideos>

Comment

hi, can you try flash this file , or install it manually, and tell me if it fixes bluetooth, I pulled it from the beelink rom

Kewl let me check it out tonight

Comment

hi, can you try flash https://mega.nz/#!XUQQjRbC!TqKcyizBxc-jwRlIA4g605wj13mmTzO1pFDWkGj_pTo&quot;]this file[/URL] , or install it manually, and tell me if it fixes bluetooth, I pulled it from the beelink rom
                                Hi Ionix, great job! I own a i68g with ap6330.
                                1) nvram trick worked : etc/firmware I renamed ap6330 to 6335 and wifi works like a charm.. Then
                                2) I flashed vendor thing and it has fixed Bluetooth !!!

Great job!

Stefano

Comment

Working...
                                X