Modded ROM's for Tronsmart R68 "Tronsplant your ROM"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post
    Beelink i68, upgrade to v8 from v7 using TWRP, loaded Spinztv wizard on Kodi 16 and working great with no stuttering. Great ROM.

Yeah, a really good job from @Ionix
    But the Boot logo and the Kodi startup logo that @Ionix added are rather ugly (is it only me?), I wish he prepares better ones for next update... Can anyone help @Ionix with this task?

Comment

Thanks for your great work and sharing all this with us @Ionix,

I received my Zidoo X6 Pro yesterday and worked on it for a bit today. I ran into a couple things that did not happen to me on the Tronsmart Orion. The USB needs some kind of additional power to use a USB keyboard/mouse. This was not the case on the Tronsmart Orion. Do I have to enable something in settings so that it will power the USB ports? Anyhow I found a work around by plugging in the OTG/USB to PC that gave the additional power needed to power the USB hub. I really only needed the USB mouse and connecting that directly to the Zidoo did not give power to it without having the OTG/USB cable connected to the PC.

The remote did me no good in TWRP because the very first thing you need to do it swipe the slider and the remote does not do this or I could not figure out how to use the remote to slide the slider. To do the update using the v8 zip, I had to use the SDcard, since the USB port needed one to be powered from PC and the other needed the mouse. I guess I could have used the USB Hub for that. Another issue is that SDcard does not click in and back out like most do, it has to be pulled out what a nightmare. I was able to pull that out with fine tweezers.

I just decided to purchase a Powered USB Hub from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by VonHesdin View Post

But the Boot logo and the Kodi startup logo that @Ionix added are rather ugly (is it only me?), I wish he prepares better ones for next update... Can anyone help @Ionix with this task?

The only downfall

Comment

Originally posted by tsukaza View Post

The only downfall

If this OS is anything like the Android Tablet ones this is easy to do one self. You can have any boot logo. Let me check tonight if the boot logo is basically the same procedure or not. I don't think this will work for Kodi though. If the bootanimation file in /system/image, then it will probably work. I'll test it.

I use JRummy apps. The one I use is Rom Toolbox.

Here is another one he makes:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imations&hl=en
          Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-02-2016, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by VonHesdin View Post

I'm sorry, art isn't one of my strong points

Please post some images and I'll see if i can add them.

Comment

I wonder if something is wrong with my Zidoo X6 Pro. Can someone try to connect a USB mouse or keyboard and see if it works that way.

Thanks

Edited:

Ok I found a few posts back that there is a problem with the USB. So with the stock orignal Zidoo V6 Pro kernel the USB will work or its also an issue on their stock rom? Were you able to find a solution other than using a powered USB Hub or plugging the OTG/USB into the PC USB so the other USB port will be powered.
              Last edited by androidfr33k; 03-03-2016, 01:02.

Comment

@Ionix,

Would you happen to have the separate TWRP file I can use? I have the Zidoo X6 Pro and because the USB issue has not been solved I went to stock Zidoo firmware. I used a root tool from the Zidoo thread but would like to install TWRP. It would also be good for troubleshooting purposes to see if TWRP is causing the USB issue on the ZIdoo. The only thing is not sure how I would install it? If you have the img file would I use Factory Tool 1.39? Or the Android Tool?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post
                  @Ionix,

Would you happen to have the separate TWRP file I can use? I have the Zidoo X6 Pro and because the USB issue has not been solved I went to stock Zidoo firmware. I used a root tool from the Zidoo thread but would like to install TWRP. It would also be good for troubleshooting purposes to see if TWRP is causing the USB issue on the ZIdoo. The only thing is not sure how I would install it? If you have the img file would I use Factory Tool 1.39? Or the Android Tool?

Thanks
                  twrprecovery.zip

This has built in kernel so it should work even if you mess up something. which is the whole point of a recovery partition.

unzip on your box, and flash using the method posted a page or so back.

Comment

Guys,

I wasn't really happy with the logos that I put in the kernel and ZDMC so i have decided to release v8 rom series 2.

Changes:

- Fixed ugly logo's
                    - TWRP with built in kernel

Can be Downloaded from here

Sorry, this will reinstall Kodi and reset your settings, please backup your settings first.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post
                      Thanks for your great work and sharing all this with us @Ionix,

I received my Zidoo X6 Pro yesterday and worked on it for a bit today. I ran into a couple things that did not happen to me on the Tronsmart Orion. The USB needs some kind of additional power to use a USB keyboard/mouse. This was not the case on the Tronsmart Orion. Do I have to enable something in settings so that it will power the USB ports? Anyhow I found a work around by plugging in the OTG/USB to PC that gave the additional power needed to power the USB hub. I really only needed the USB mouse and connecting that directly to the Zidoo did not give power to it without having the OTG/USB cable connected to the PC.

The remote did me no good in TWRP because the very first thing you need to do it swipe the slider and the remote does not do this or I could not figure out how to use the remote to slide the slider. To do the update using the v8 zip, I had to use the SDcard, since the USB port needed one to be powered from PC and the other needed the mouse. I guess I could have used the USB Hub for that. Another issue is that SDcard does not click in and back out like most do, it has to be pulled out what a nightmare. I was able to pull that out with fine tweezers.

I just decided to purchase a Powered USB Hub from Amazon.
                      can you flash back to the official stock zidoo kernel

to do this download the official zidoo update 1.0.33 is the newest

open the file with a zip program

extract boot.img kernel.img and resource.img to USB stick

boot into TWRP

flash these images by clicking install then click images (bottom right)

then select boot.img and flash to boot partition

rinse and repeat for other images

reboot, now you have fully funtional zidoo x6?
                      Last edited by lonix; 03-03-2016, 09:28. Reason: Edit: sorry didnt fully understand the issue

Comment

Now I have rom lonix v7&v8
                        How can I off HDMI CEC?

Sample:
                        * turn on Spotify, i listen music on my audio system
                        * turn off my TV, and now my player R68G turn off too... Audio off. :/

I do not want that player to turn off, when I turn off the TV!
                        What can I do?
                        My TV (old SHARP) not have any settings for this.

Comment

Originally posted by androidgadget11 View Post
                          Now I have rom lonix v7&v8
                          How can I off HDMI CEC?

Sample:
                          * turn on Spotify, i listen music on my audio system
                          * turn off my TV, and now my player R68G turn off too... Audio off. :/

I do not want that player to turn off, when I turn off the TV!
                          What can I do?
                          My TV (old SHARP) not have any settings for this.

It can be done by editing resource.img, but im out of time tonight, ill look at it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post

It can be done by editing resource.img, but im out of time tonight, ill look at it tomorrow
                            Can You add a switch in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by androidgadget11 View Post

Can You add a switch in the settings?
                              There is another way

This is from memory so please forgive me if I'm not 100%

Use es file explorer goto /system/lib/ look for a file named rk_hdmicec.so or something similar and Rename it to rk_hdmicec.so.bak or something like that

Can't remember the exact file name sorry posting from my phone

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post
                                There is another way
                                This is from memory so please forgive me if I'm not 100%
                                Use es file explorer goto /system/lib/ look for a file named rk_hdmicec.so or something similar and Rename it to rk_hdmicec.so.bak or something like that
                                Can't remember the exact file name sorry posting from my phone

I'll wait for Your modification "resource.img"

Comment

Working...
                                X