Modded ROM's for Tronsmart R68 "Tronsplant your ROM"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuvia View Post
    I have the r68 tronsmart with the zidoo rom 9.4 .the streamer is connected with a cable witch causes a problem .every once in a while i have to enabled then disable otherwise it doesn't work
    Anyone ??

Comment

Guys, if you have installed 9.4 and TWRP is not installed please follow the instructions below to fix:

Use ES File Explorer to navigate to the /system/etc/ directory
      change the file permissions of install-recovery-2.sh to rwx rwx ---
      TWRP will be installed on next boot

Comment

TronZid v9-5 Bugfix release

fixes:
        - Install TWRP Correctly
        - Install ZDMC 16.1.1 by default
        - Some Kernel Fixes

Full ROM:
        https://mega.nz/#!rQoB2aaR!-wd2nEVOO...eQsDYFMWC4FAQA

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post
          TronZid v9-5 Bugfix release

fixes:
          - Install TWRP Correctly
          - Install ZDMC 16.1.1 by default
          - Some Kernel Fixes

Full ROM:
          https://mega.nz/#!rQoB2aaR!-wd2nEVOO...eQsDYFMWC4FAQA

Thanks for the update. Would you happen to have a kernel and resource files available in a zip that can be updated via TWRP for the Zidoo X6 Pro?

Comment

is there anyway of building a kernel off the tronsmart 209L1 so we can have 5ghz wifi back and enjoy your beautiful rom as well?

Comment

I made a video on how to extract your kernel and resource img files on your stock rom and use them on other modded boxes.

Was asked to create a video on how to install a custom rom for the non gigabit Tronsmart R68. This mod is from Lonix from Freaktab.http://freaktab.com/forum...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                is there anyway of building a kernel off the tronsmart 209L1 so we can have 5ghz wifi back and enjoy your beautiful rom as well?
                The new tronsmart kernel uses the new powervr rogue driver so it's incompatible with this ROM, when zidoo release their next version they may use the updated GPU driver, if so then you can use the tronsmart kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  I made a video on how to extract your kernel and resource img files on your stock rom and use them on other modded boxes.

Was asked to create a video on how to install a custom rom for the non gigabit Tronsmart R68. This mod is from Lonix from Freaktab.http://freaktab.com/forum...

Thanks for the tutorial. I don't know what it is but for my Zidoo X6 Pro they release OTA's not IMG full rom image files. I'll keep looking in the OTA zip file for the kernel and resource files base 1.0.38.

Comment

9.5 is working flawless, what i could see on the fly was that stuttering has gone (even playing .mkv through lan)...i will test further

Comment

lonix
                      How are you. I would like to try your latest rom. Can I use the kernel you had a few versions back for the ZIdoo X6 Pro or has Zidoo updated their kernel as well as their base rom?

Comment

Originally posted by androidfr33k View Post
                        How are you. I would like to try your latest rom. Can I use the kernel you had a few versions back for the ZIdoo X6 Pro or has Zidoo updated their kernel as well as their base rom?
                        You can give it a try, it should work

If not

Download the OTA file from zidoo, then on your computer unzip the file.

Flash the boot.img that is extracted , I think you can flash it using TWRP, if not use Android tool.

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post

You can give it a try, it should work

If not

Download the OTA file from zidoo, then on your computer unzip the file.

Flash the boot.img that is extracted , I think you can flash it using TWRP, if not use Android tool.

Tried both methods. After it boots I have a blank screen with only the time flashing. I can just flash the stock Zidoo rom and do an OTA update and then use their root installer they have a link to. I actually already tried that and it worked fine. The only thing I have no idea how to get TWRP installed. I did try flashing recovery.img from your latest rom using Android Tool 2.35. Its says ok in the end but I can only boot into android revovery not TWRP? I also tried installing twrprecovery.img using AndroidTool after renaming twrprecovery to recovery.img and again it only will boot to the stock android recovery partition not TWRP?

Just cannot win at all with all the road blocks I am encountering having a Zidoo X6 Pro device.

Edited:

Got it to work but had to update TWRP to 3.02 and Supersu to 2.74 beta and after that I was able to install the boot.img from Zidoo OTA 1.0.38 update as you had explained. Its the oddest thing that the Abdul 2.8.7 version did install the boot.img but did not seem to work after boot. ANyhow all good now. Thanks!!

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...=1466986086957

Edited Again:

I must have done something wrong the first time so I decided to start over since it was bugging me so much. It worked exactly as you said from start until finish using TWRP. I just forgot to choose boot partition the first time so it has nothing to do with a later version of TWRP or Supersu.

There is a minor bug in TWRP for at least the Zidoo X6 Pro. The controller does not work nor does the USB without powering it with a USB to PC and device then keyboard mouse and USB flash drive will work. Same with updated 64 bit version of TWRP link above.

Last edited by androidfr33k; 06-27-2016, 05:16.

Comment

Hi Lonix,

Thanks very much for the 9.5 update!

Has there been some improvements made in relation to playback of 23.976p files when the screen is set to 24Hz?? This has been a long standing issue with Rockchip devices where there is a micro stutter every 40 seconds or so, as I believe Rockchip don't speed up the audio/video to match 24p like Amlogic devices do and this causes the hiccup (it's documented all over the web).

The reason I ask is that it appears to me that this stutter is now practically gone. I have certain sections in different movies where I used to notice this stutter and now the stutter has either gone or is significantly reduced. Is it maybe that the zidoo firmware has been improved in this area - I can find no mention of it being fixed anywhere on the web. Maybe you have done some changes to the kernel in this area??

I should state that this improvement is apparent whether I use ZDMC v16.1.1 or stock Kodi v16.1 and auto refresh rate switching must be turned on (I have an addon that does this refresh rate adjustment for Rockchip devices using stock Kodi - ZDMC performs auto refresh rate adjustment without this addon.)

Any thoughts?? TIA
                            Last edited by ukmark62; 06-29-2016, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by ukmark62 View Post
                              Hi Lonix,

Thanks very much for the 9.5 update!

Has there been some improvements made in relation to playback of 23.976p files when the screen is set to 24Hz?? This has been a long standing issue with Rockchip devices where there is a micro stutter every 40 seconds or so, as I believe Rockchip don't speed up the audio/video to match 24p like Amlogic devices do and this causes the hiccup (it's documented all over the web).

The reason I ask is that it appears to me that this stutter is now practically gone. I have certain sections in different movies where I used to notice this stutter and now the stutter has either gone or is significantly reduced. Is it maybe that the zidoo firmware has been improved in this area - I can find no mention of it being fixed anywhere on the web. Maybe you have done some changes to the kernel in this area??

I should state that this improvement is apparent whether I use ZDMC v16.1.1 or stock Kodi v16.1 and auto refresh rate switching must be turned on (I have an addon that does this refresh rate adjustment for Rockchip devices using stock Kodi - ZDMC performs auto refresh rate adjustment without this addon.)

Any thoughts?? TIA
                              Hi ukmark62,

In previous versions of ZDMC I noticed that the sound is played with the original speed (without any modification), and the video frames were adjusted (e.g. corrected in every e.g. 40 second) to the audio stream. That resulted in little varying lag between the video and the audio. The eaxct solution would need to play the video with the most accurate framerate, and resampling the audio to get the accurate synchrony between them.
                              Probably, the video decoding were done by the hardware module of the SoC, and the audio play was realized by software decoding. the audio lag vas approx. 0.3 sec (8-10 frames) in this way. The lag is different from video to video, depending on the video encoding system and the resolution of the video file.

In the latest ZDMC it seems, the video decoding they have moved into a software solution, which would allow them to correct the lipsynch. Maybe, however, the only difference is that software video decoding takes more time than the hardware solution, and so the lag seems being lower. The difference between the decoding times of the different video files is probably remained, anyway.

Otherwise, there is not clear to me, if a TV sets supports 24 fps HDMI input, is it 24fps in real, or 23.976 fps actually? Maybe two TV sets work differently. Who can check that exactly? Did you see a TV set with 23,976 fps support?
                              Regards, STZO

Comment

lonix

Well another question for you. My remote controller. mouse nor keyboard will not function in TWRP until I power the USB port either USB from PC to device or a powered USB hub, but controller still does not function. Is there something you tweak in the kernel to get the controller and USB to work in TWRP or is the TWRP source version modified and re-compiled for Tronsmart?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X