Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balbes150 did you figure out why the CPU is maxing out and getting high temps with the latest release?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky3058 View Post
      balbes150 did you figure out why the CPU is maxing out and getting high temps with the latest release?
      Yes the compiled of Jul 6 2017, has a temp reading of 74c, although the weather here is around 30 degree, any idea why it is hot? I felt the box, and it's hot like heal fire
      Last edited by e123enitan; 07-07-2017, 20:06.

Comment

balbes....Looks like whatever was wrong with that firmware from the other day may have fried my box with the constant high temps. I am not blaming anyone but myself since I didnt bother to check them right after the upgrade. It still boots up and runs Android alright but seems as if my Wi-Fi and LAN are dropping in and out constantly, so I am thinking that maybe that chipset overheated. I will be ordering a S912 box today, but wanted to see if you had any suggestions on how to revive my S95 Telos since I loved that box and your LE builds. I have already tried doing a new image write from your latest release and rebuild the Kodi DB but I am still seeing high CPU usage on 1080p playback and the WiFi/LAN issues. Thanks again for all you do for this community, I know I dont post much but still wanted to pass along my thanks!

Comment

Also forgot to mention that I get a weird system binary error right at the start of LibreELEC bootup, can never get the full error since it goes by so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

This is a function of u-boot. It has nothing to do with LE.

To ALL
            v 20170705
            This version works fine thanks for the efforts.

The temperature, has dropped to 54c, I think the high Temp could have been because weather is very hot and also I was scanning larger Library from Server to Libreelec which takes about an hour.
            Secondly, I have noticed that when the system boot or start, there's a long script that runs through, this was never there before (pls correct me if I am wrong)
            Those are my observations, aside it's running fine for now if I spotted a issue I shall raised it.
            Cheers!
            Last edited by e123enitan; 07-07-2017, 18:09.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

This is a function of u-boot. It has nothing to do with LE.

To ALL
              v 20170705
              So it is possible to exclude from U-boot, I appreciate if I can get one of those, I hate too many splashes
              Thanks
              Last edited by e123enitan; 07-07-2017, 18:08.

Comment

Hi balbes150, I have had bad experiences with 6/28 and 7/5 builds in both instances, Live TV HD stream plays in slow motions, and several TV shows files plays in slow motions regardless of how tricked Kodi settings.

However, in the box that is in bed room with this build Kodi.17.1-RC2 Git:5814568, complied : March 23 2017, Version 8.0.2 (Kernel: Linux 3.14.29) works flawless.

Would you be Kind to post this build Kodi.17.1-RC2 Git:5814568, complied : March 23 2017, in your usual repository as would like to install this my other devices, MY CHILDREN ARE DRIVEN CRAZY.

Or
                Kodi 17.3 Git 147cec4, compiled: May 31, 2017Kernel Linux 3.14.29, this also work fine

Thanks for your kind supports as always
                Last edited by e123enitan; 07-13-2017, 13:40.

Comment

Balbes50, the usual process is write from SD to Emmc, Is it possible to write from EMMC to SD Card or not?

Comment

Hi Balbes, Pls when you have time pls update to 8.1.1 (2017-07-23), I will like to see hoe this build behaves, as the last build seem to have issue when I watch Live TV HD channel 1080i and some HEVC, which are OK when I used the build ended March.

Thanks

Comment

balbes150 has not been online for almost a month. Might be gone for good? Hopeful that he is ok!

Comment

Hello, i tried to install from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170801.img.gz file. Inside the file, there is no install.sh file. So, when i clicked "reboot install to emmc" it's doing nothing.

I tried install with LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170705.img.gz file. It has install.sh file, and successfull install to emmc.

Then, i downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170801.tar file to update current version. Put update file to "update" folder, then reboot for install. When the install finished, it stuck on the Tronsmart logo.

Is there any problem with new 01082017 release? or i'm doing something wrong? I'll re-install 05072017 version, and will stay this version.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooler View Post
                          Hello, i tried to install from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170801.img.gz file. Inside the file, there is no install.sh file. So, when i clicked "reboot install to emmc" it's doing nothing.

I tried install with LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170705.img.gz file. It has install.sh file, and successfull install to emmc.

Then, i downloaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170801.tar file to update current version. Put update file to "update" folder, then reboot for install. When the install finished, it stuck on the Tronsmart logo.

Is there any problem with new 01082017 release? or i'm doing something wrong? I'll re-install 05072017 version, and will stay this version.
                          Hi, it's the same for me, I put the tar file in the update folder like always, but I had a black screen on reboot, not even the Tronsmart Logo or LibreELEC... and I'm stuck with that, can't access the update folder anymore, I'll have to reinstall all...

Comment

Originally posted by ZZM View Post

Hi, it's the same for me, I put the tar file in the update folder like always, but I had a black screen on reboot, not even the Tronsmart Logo or LibreELEC... and I'm stuck with that, can't access the update folder anymore, I'll have to reinstall all...
                            Do not install with new 20170801 file. Can't work "reboot to install emmc" option. Try with previous version. I think there is a problem with new version.

Comment

Do not install with new 20170801 file. Can't work "reboot to install emmc" option. Try with previous version. I think there is a problem with new version.
                              I've already installed it, and then I saw your post.

Comment

i tried to install from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170801.img.gz file. Inside the file, there is no install.sh file. So, when i clicked "reboot install to emmc" it's doing nothing.
                                fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X