Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balbes150 if I may bother you, could U PLEASE bring your build up to date with Kszaq, thanks for your kind and generous continuous supports
    8.0.1k (2017-05-14)
    Changelog:
    • Kodi:
      • re-added demux buffering up to 2 seconds that I removed in drain patch
      • reapplied: increase rendering thread priority - this has an effect only with sync playback to display turned on
      • amended lateframes patch to fix some stuttering it introduced
      • backported NFS chunk size patch from Kodi master
      • added a workaround for stalls on FF/RW or chapter seek
      • dropped chapter seek patch from @afl1
    • bumped minimum CPU speed to 500MHz to improve system reaction speed in some cases
    Last edited by e123enitan; 05-19-2017, 17:25.

Comment

It may not be until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
        It may not be until next week.
        No worries

Comment

update v 20170523

Comment

Hi All

Can you please advise if there is a way to update kodi from 17.2 to 17.3 via libreelec on my tronsmart media player from inside kodi or via ssh, or if there will be a new image with the newer kodi release. I have checked the site https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Libr...ON-17/20170523 and have the version for 23/5 but this is still kodi 17.2

Thanking you in advance

Comment

I'd like to learn how to do this also

Comment

Originally posted by hexec View Post
                I'd like to learn how to do this also
                Steps
                1 download the tar file LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0.2.tar, do not unzip or unpacked
                2.Go into Kodi>Program>Services>Enable Samba
                3.download from this site advance ip scanner https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/
                4. install on your pc and scan for your local IP's, you should see Libreelec IP address assigned by your router
                5.Once you double clicked on Libreelec you will see an update folder
                6.paste the file you download in step 1 into this folder (note do not unzip)
                7.Closed advance IP
                8.restart Kodi allow the system to run through the tar file, then it will boot to Kodi
                9.Check system info, you should see that it now updated to 17.3

Enjoy it! peace out.

Comment

Hi balbes- pls when you have chance, could you provide 8.0.2a (2017-05-28) Kodi 17.3.

Thanks for your supports

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post

Steps
                    1 download the tar file LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0.2.tar, do not unzip or unpacked
                    2.Go into Kodi>Program>Services>Enable Samba
                    3.download from this site advance ip scanner https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/
                    4. install on your pc and scan for your local IP's, you should see Libreelec IP address assigned by your router
                    5.Once you double clicked on Libreelec you will see an update folder
                    6.paste the file you download in step 1 into this folder (note do not unzip)
                    7.Closed advance IP
                    8.restart Kodi allow the system to run through the tar file, then it will boot to Kodi
                    9.Check system info, you should see that it now updated to 17.3

Enjoy it! peace out.
                    I want to learn exactly how to update the tar file with the latest kodi not how to upload it into the update folder and reboot. Thanks though, still good info for those that didn't know.

Comment

I want to learn exactly how to update the tar file with the latest kodi not how to upload it into the update folder and reboot. Thanks though, still good info for those that didn't know.
                      OK, when you do could you share the knowledge, I would like to know myself, may be balbes can share this knowledge, hope it is not a rock science LOL

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post

OK, when you do could you share the knowledge, I would like to know myself, may be balbes can share this knowledge, hope it is not a rock science LOL

I found this link, sorry I have zero knowledge of Linux commands, hope it helps !

Comment

The renewal of the image. 20170531. Pay attention, i changed the marking of images, now it is the same number used by KODI. In my opinion it is more informative to users. I change the scripts to activate the multi-boot and run system from all USB external media. They added the ability to boot from all the USB connectors. Now you don't need to swap carriers (if several), the system itself should find the right one. To use the new function you want to activate with new multiboot. These scripts can be used with old images.

Comment

With which version you want to go ?

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

With which version you want to go ?
                              First of all, thank you for your support. I think its amazing that you are helping the Transmart community. My request was more general. Not so much related to a specific version. I'd like to learn how to build the tar file that only updates kodi components to the latest stable release. I feel badly, that we need to keep asking you for the latest Kodi build. We should at least try to learn how to do it ourselves. I don't want to rebuild the Linux tree. Only want to be able to update Kodi on my own for now.

Comment

First of all, thank you for your support. I think its amazing that you are helping the Transmart community. My request was more general. Not so much related to a specific version. I'd like to learn how to build the tar file that only updates kodi components to the latest stable release. I feel badly, that we need to keep asking you for the latest Kodi build. We should at least try to learn how to do it ourselves. I don't want to rebuild the Linux tree. Only want to be able to update Kodi on my own for now.
                                The build process LE is not complicated. The main problem that you will need to decide the imposition of the new changes in the source code to the old code. All changes in the source code the entire Assembly LE are interrelated. For example, for the new (fixed) function in KODI you need to change the code of KODI, the kernel code, the code decoder ffmpg, library code, aml, etc. So if you want to start to collect your own version, you need to prepare to study all the code and build process LE.

I would be happy if the number of collectors LE will be expanded. It will quickly update the code and make improvements from each collector.

Comment

Working...
                                X