• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
      Android 6 ....... TWRP 3.0.2

Android 7 ...... TWRP 3.1.1

How to boot or install TWRP 3.0.2-0.....
      Can I flash the TWRP file on my x92 that is mentioned in that thread? I ask because that thread is for the a95x box, rather than our x92.

Comment

Originally posted by MekkelRichards View Post

Can I flash the TWRP file on my x92 that is mentioned in that thread? I ask because that thread is for the a95x box, rather than our x92.
        The instruction to install is applicable for all amlogic devices. Our box has a reset button on the AV port.

There is however no particular need to install TWRP into the internal flash. If it boots, the TWRP functions correctly, it already serves the purpose. Whether it is on SDCard or internal flash, a matter convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by mxqpro View Post

The instruction to install is applicable for all amlogic devices. Our box has a reset button on the AV port.

There is however no particular need to install TWRP into the internal flash. If it boots, the TWRP functions correctly, it already serves the purpose. Whether it is on SDCard or internal flash, a matter convenience.
          Ok, I have booted into TWRP. How can I get past this "Swipe to Unlock" ? The remote does not seem to work for this at all.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ok, I have booted into TWRP. How can I get past this "Swipe to Unlock" ? The remote does not seem to work for this at all.
            Simple swipe.....you got mouse connected...?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post

Simple swipe.....you got mouse connected...?
              Sorry, I bought a separate mouse for the x92, but am still waiting for it to come in the mail. I did just connect a USB mouse though and was able to get into TWRP. I successfully flashed the TWRP that you posted.

In the process of installing the latest ROM as posted on MEGA on pg26 (x92 3g 171211.rar), I got an error message: "This package is for "q201" devices; this is a "q201_64".

Error message is attached as a picture as well.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sorry, I bought a separate mouse for the x92, but am still waiting for it to come in the mail. I did just connect a USB mouse though and was able to get into TWRP. I successfully flashed the TWRP that you posted.

In the process of installing the latest ROM as posted on MEGA on pg26 (x92 3g 171211.rar), I got an error message: "This package is for "q201" devices; this is a "q201_64".

Error message is attached as a picture as well.
                There is a mismatch in TWRP and the ROM. Many ways to get it out, perhaps easiest is to edit or delete first line of the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. You would have to unzip the ROM, modify and zip it back.

Comment

There is a mismatch in TWRP and the ROM. Many ways to get it out, perhaps easiest is to edit or delete first line of the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. You would have to unzip the ROM, modify and zip it back.
                  Are we sure that this ROM is meant for the X92 3GB?

Comment

Are we sure that this ROM is meant for the X92 3GB?
                    You can unzip it and look at it yourself.

Perhaps another way to do it is :- Inside the archive file, there is a stock recovery.img. You can use TWRP to install back the original recovery ( and wipe out TWRP ).

By using the stock recovery, then perhaps it will be compatible with the updater.

Comment

You can unzip it and look at it yourself.

Perhaps another way to do it is :- Inside the archive file, there is a stock recovery.img. You can use TWRP to install back the original recovery ( and wipe out TWRP ).

By using the stock recovery, then perhaps it will be compatible with the updater.
                      That also did not work. Does anybody else want to try this out in case I am doing some part incorrectly? (Although I don't think so).

Comment

That also did not work. Does anybody else want to try this out in case I am doing some part incorrectly? (Although I don't think so).
                        Or you understood what I say differently.

Comment

Originally posted by d99 View Post
                          Hey everyone, I'm trying to reflash my box here. I downloaded the files from this site and I'm following the instructions here - https://www.entertainmentbox.com/how...-burning-tool/

At the step to upload the iso, is it the recovery.img file we're uploading and using?

Thanks

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by d99 View Post

Anyone know?
                            You need download the right type of ROM, from 4pda.ru x92 website.
                            For usb burning tool, you use firmware -> 'for firmware from PC', according to google translate. Unzip or unrar until you see something.img.

Comment

Someone ask me about TWRP installation in private. So I reply here :

The TWRP requires no installation. Just copy the image.img to SDcard, rename it as recovery.img. you can do it on a PC.

Then on x92, shutdown and remove power. Insert SDcard to x92. Use a toothpick press and hold the button behind the av port and then insert back the power. After a few seconds, if you got the correct TWRP, it will boot.

If it doesn't, try another time or try another TWRP image.

Comment

Thanks mxpro for reply, I have tried different different TWRPs but non could boot. Perhaps i am doing it wrong or i am using wrong TWRP. If anyone has a TWRP for 3G/16GB, can you please post.

Comment

Working...
                                X