X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KAA View Post

I already got the driver.. don't no to patch it
    Hi, any error shown during patch of this wifi driver?

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire_my View Post

Hi, any error shown during patch of this wifi driver?
      yes ...error
      MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Hello dear. I currently have the Changelog version installed (20170425) on my mini m8s amlogic s905 and now I downloaded the OTA UPDATE (440MB ZIP file) Changelog (20170526) I downloaded the .zip file and burn it to the root of a pendrive, I connect it to the mini M8s and I go to the update part and do nothing. I do not know how to do it, I have no idea how I install it by system ota. Can you guide me a little please

Comment

Originally posted by manal_vedder View Post
          I currently have the Changelog version installed (20170425) on my mini m8s amlogic s905 and now I downloaded the OTA UPDATE (440MB ZIP file) Changelog (20170526) I downloaded the .zip file and burn it to the root of a pendrive, I connect it to the mini M8s and I go to the update part and do nothing. I do not know how to do it, I have no idea how I install it by system ota. Can you guide me a little please
          If you originally installed with USB Burning Tool, you should have TWRP recovery. Just open Terminal Explorer, type "reboot recovery", click Install, select the source that contains the .zip update and hit Install.

Comment

Hi, my box Beelink MXIII already had TWRP (come with the custome ROM from MNIX Neo U1 port for MX III), is it possible to install you ROM without using USB Burning Tool or Bootcard Maker. If it's not possible do i need to revert back to stock firmware before flash your ROM?

Comment

Hi, my box Beelink MXIII already had TWRP (come with the custome ROM from MNIX Neo U1 port for MX III), is it possible to install you ROM without using USB Burning Tool or Bootcard Maker. If it's not possible do i need to revert back to stock firmware before flash your ROM?
              Yes, you can install the OTA Update in TWRP and it will replace the bootloader, logo, boot and system partitions. A factory data wipe is also recommended, but not strictly required.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                Yes, you can install the OTA Update in TWRP and it will replace the bootloader, logo, boot and system partitions. A factory data wipe is also recommended, but not strictly required.
                Hi, I hope i didn't make you confuse. My box currently has custome ROM from MNIX Neo U1 port for MX III. Do you mean that i can actualy skip to flash your ROM BURN PACKAGE (771MB IMG file) and directly apply the OTA Update files to start use your ROM?

Comment

Hi, I hope i didn't make you confuse. My box currently has custome ROM from MNIX Neo U1 port for MX III. Do you mean that i can actualy skip to flash your ROM BURN PACKAGE (771MB IMG file) and directly apply the OTA Update files to start use your ROM?
                  Yes.

Comment

this rom works on videostrong k2 pro ?

Comment

If you originally installed with USB Burning Tool, you should have TWRP recovery. Just open Terminal Explorer, type "reboot recovery", click Install, select the source that contains the .zip update and hit Install.

thank you very much. Now I did it step by step and everything was impeccable, everything working perfectly. I thank you once more for the time that you give to answer the doubts and help us. Thanks for the updates. regards

Comment

Sounds like SetupWraith is crashing trying to connect to WiFi. That driver patch probably isn't right for your hardware.
                        with ROM TVStock Variant (20170526) i have the same problem boot loop at language choice.
                        with ROM Nano Variant (20170526) its working fine
                        if you say that is a WIFI driver problem, why you have different WIFI drivers at 2 ROMs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonh_Dimagio View Post
                          ...if you say that is a WIFI driver problem, why you have different WIFI drivers at 2 ROMs?
                          Both include the same stock wireless drivers. I was under the impression that you'd installed a wifi driver patch or were running on hardware other than the target Mini M8S. Is that not the case?

As for the different behavior, that's not unexpected. The Nano variant includes SetupWizard and the TVStock uses SetupWraith, which are both from Google but could handle failures to establish a network connection differently.

Comment

Both include the same stock wireless drivers. I was under the impression that you'd installed a wifi driver patch or were running on hardware other than the target Mini M8S. Is that not the case?

As for the different behavior, that's not unexpected. The Nano variant includes SetupWizard and the TVStock uses SetupWraith, which are both from Google but could handle failures to establish a network connection differently.
                            no, i am not using a wifi driver patch.
                            can you check if both ROMs have same wireless drivers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonh_Dimagio View Post
                              can you check if both ROMs have same wireless drivers ?
                              Yes, I've confirmed that both have the same wireless drivers. In fact, other than a few files specific to Android TV, the kernel, framework, binaries and libraries are identical. They're built on the same stock firmware, and it's really only the APKs that have changed.

Comment

Yes, I've confirmed that both have the same wireless drivers. In fact, other than a few files specific to Android TV, the kernel, framework, binaries and libraries are identical. They're built on the same stock firmware, and it's really only the APKs that have changed.
                                my Android TV box is a Mini M8S with S905 and 2G/8G.
                                i think the problem is not on WIFI but SetupWraith have some bug.

Comment

Working...
                                X