Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickgr View Post

Thanks for the reply. Installing the latest factory firmware and going from there is a good idea but unfortunately I'm not sure which one is the right one. The only one that I'm sure it will boot is this one:
    aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-S912_LP_mac-20180409.img
    Ah, so you have a V6 board as well... LP is a V6 firmware. The reason we need newer firmware is because our boards have a single LPDDR chip, which is partitioned differently than previous memory configurations, of more than one chip.

I really liked the latest factory firmware, as it ran smooth and was very stable. Just had to have ATV because I wanted more ATV apps. Only a few would not run, and I am now looking into why, as my modded build.prop may be the root cause. As I disabled non existant features like phone, and data. I think some phone and dual purpose apps (install on both TV and Phone) may fail because of my edits to the build.prop.

found one ATV app that breaks because of it, but that app is a dual purpose app.

I think If I had not messed with the build.prop, the factory firmware would run everything I needed, as long as I had TV launcher for my launcher.

try the factory firmware for a week. It is the best I have seen that came out this year for low cost s912 TV boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Ah, so you have a V6 board as well... LP is a V6 firmware. The reason we need newer firmware is because our boards have a single LPDDR chip, which is partitioned differently than previous memory configurations, of more than one chip.

I really liked the latest factory firmware, as it ran smooth and was very stable. Just had to have ATV because I wanted more ATV apps. Only a few would not run, and I am now looking into why, as my modded build.prop may be the root cause. As I disabled non existant features like phone, and data. I think some phone and dual purpose apps (install on both TV and Phone) may fail because of my edits to the build.prop.

found one ATV app that breaks because of it, but that app is a dual purpose app.

I think If I had not messed with the build.prop, the factory firmware would run everything I needed, as long as I had TV launcher for my launcher.

try the factory firmware for a week. It is the best I have seen that came out this year for low cost s912 TV boxes.
      I have tried the one I mentioned above (don't know If it's the original or not) but it was freezing and force closing all the time so I tried installing SuperCeleron's rom.

Comment

Hello everyone, I have the H96 Pro+ 3/16 which you can see in the following pictures:

I am trying to install SuperCeleron's rom via USB and although it flashes without problems the box never starts. It freezes a little after the initial splash screen. Is there any change that the rom is not compatible with this box? Is there anything else I can try? Thank you in advance
        Check 1st post you need to install version 1 for your PCB (blue) then you can install the latest version

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Check 1st post you need to install version 1 for your PCB (blue) then you can install the latest version
          You mean SCV1? http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...v1-6-0-1-32bit

Comment

I have tried the one I mentioned above (don't know If it's the original or not) but it was freezing and force closing all the time so I tried installing SuperCeleron's rom.
            Ah, that I missed upon. I had similar issues with my Mini M8S Pro-c. Though I was able to live with it being buggy, but not as bad as your experience with the box you have. I assume yours is ram. Hard to test, but if factory firmware is real buggy, most likely your gonna end up with a tossed box sooner than later. I would get the stock firmware back on It, and call it in for a replacement.

I still hae my faulty box, and should have contacted the seller sooner than trying to fight it with so many flashes and tests with various configurations. I guess I got too caught up in the threads about buggy firmwares, when I should have been looking at my box being the fault. Though I did tackle some hardware issues that was caused by a few capacitors. Ram cannot be fixed without a station and proper equipment.

I was lucky and found my current box, which you got for less than $79.00 with 2 year warranty. The cost was a wee high, but with all the peeps having hardware issues with power supplies and ram, it seemed better to pay extra for something that can cost even more to replace later on, especially with all the flashing and mods I had planned on, since my first box.

I can honestly say, I shoulda gotten this box 1st, it is better built by circuit layout and proper isolation between power and circuits. Plus being this late in the game, the latest firmwares are better than some of the non supported versions that many have stayed with since last year.

If I had not been so hard on having ATV, I would be on your latest firmware, with minor mods, and been happy to have all the video streaming apps working that I could ever want, being a 50/50 mix of ATV and phone apps.

Comment

No the 1st post on this thread there are 2 versions of the rom one for blue PCB and another for green PCB you need to flash the version for the blue one then you can update but the 1st version will act as a " base" so for saying but that's the way it is soposed to do if you flash directly the latest version you'll get issues
              another one thing the box can only handle up to 32GB sdcard properly I got 2 of these boxes know of them gets laggy 8th a 64Gb sdcard the other runs ok with it but both of them work fine with 32GB sdcard

Comment

No the 1st post on this thread there are 2 versions of the rom one for blue PCB and another for green PCB you need to flash the version for the blue one then you can update but the 1st version will act as a " base" so for saying but that's the way it is soposed to do if you flash directly the latest version you'll get issues
                The SVC4 and then update to SCV7. That's what I'm trying to do but the box doesn't start when I install SCV4.

Comment

Hi.
                  Maybe the brick is to use an inappropriate sdcard (too much storage) or maybe the bootloader has been damaged.
                  There is an unbrick tutorial on AndroidPC dot is. We need the bootloader file (bootloader.img / u-boot.bin / bootloader.bin) of the ROM that we are going to use.

Source: "Tutorial: RecuperaciĆ³n TV-Box Amlogic sin conectar a un PC usando fichero de firmware IMG"
                  Web AndroidPC.es

The SVC4 and then update to SCV7. That's what I'm trying to do but the box doesn't start when I install SCV4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pancho View Post
                    Hi.
                    Maybe the brick is to use an inappropriate sdcard (too much storage) or maybe the bootloader has been damaged.
                    There is an unbrick tutorial on AndroidPC dot is. We need the bootloader file (bootloader.img / u-boot.bin / bootloader.bin) of the ROM that we are going to use.

Source: "Tutorial: RecuperaciĆ³n TV-Box Amlogic sin conectar a un PC usando fichero de firmware IMG"
                    Web AndroidPC.es
                    It's not bricked. I can load this firmware and then it starts :

Comment

It's not bricked. I can load this firmware and then it starts :
                      Excellent. It works well? Is it an official ROM? Which method worked: sdcard method or USB Burning Tool?
                      Do you bring improvements?
                      I appreciate link to download

Comment

Did you read the post? There are 2 versions try them both maybe your blue version uses DDR and not LPDDR strange is that the stock is LPDDR maybe your box is a newer model with LPDDR if that's the case you need to extract the kernel of the stock rom and place it in the scv4 rom use the Amlogic customization tool from Ricky the one from Amlogic doesn't work you can find the tool here on freaktab, give it a go and if your successful you need to do the same to scv7 I think it's a kernel issue that you are facing

Comment

Did you read the post? There are 2 versions try them both maybe your blue version uses DDR and not LPDDR strange is that the stock is LPDDR maybe your box is a newer model with LPDDR if that's the case you need to extract the kernel of the stock rom and place it in the scv4 rom use the Amlogic customization tool from Ricky the one from Amlogic doesn't work you can find the tool here on freaktab, give it a go and if your successful you need to do the same to scv7 I think it's a kernel issue that you are facing
                          Yes I have read the post many times. I am afraid to flash the green one as LPDDR3 is printed on the board. I tried flashing "aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-S912_LP_mac-20180409.img" which boots up the box and then installing SCV4 (blue) without erasing the kernel but that doesn't even get me past the first splash screen with the black droid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pancho View Post

Excellent. It works well? Is it an official ROM? Which method worked: sdcard method or USB Burning Tool?
                            Do you bring improvements?
                            I appreciate link to download
                            No, unfortunatelly it doesn't work very well, It freezes and force closes a lot. Both methods worked fine for me. All the links can be found here: https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!Z6gTFC7A

Comment

No, unfortunatelly it doesn't work very well, It freezes and force closes a lot. Both methods worked fine for me. All the links can be found here: https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!Z6gTFC7A
                              This firmware is not apropiate for our board.
                              Our board is CZ-S32-v6!!!!! (You have same board as me)
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Last edited by Dr.Pancho; 07-22-2018, 17:53. Reason: bad corrector

Comment

Yes I have read the post many times. I am afraid to flash the green one as LPDDR3 is printed on the board. I tried flashing "aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-S912_LP_mac-20180409.img" which boots up the box and then installing SCV4 (blue) without erasing the kernel but that doesn't even get me past the first splash screen with the black droid.
                                The worse thing that can happen is the rom not to boot like it is not booting now it's a very Same simptom if you flash wrong firmware you can always go back by flashing stock, but I don't advice on that becouse I don't know if you are aware of the different methods to flash firmware in case of trouble

actually by flashing a rom the kernel gets overwritten it does erase everything but not the bootloader if you choose not to, kernel and bootloader are 2 different things and I think you know that but you got a bit confused, try doing this way

1 Install your stock firmware
                                2 boot to twrp with the sdcard (do you know how to boot to recovery from the sdcard?) Open scv7.zip in WinZip and extract recovery.img copy that to the root of the sdcard get the sdcard in the box tray press and hold the reset button plug power hold it untill you see TWRP booting logo you will see the H96 logo first then after recovery boot make a backup of the boot partition (that's the kernel)
                                3 flash your scv4.img with the USB burning tool
                                4 before you do the first boot go to twrp and restore the boot partition you backed up early reboot, now it should pass the boot logo and start booting if not that's becouse your model is a newer one and there is no support for it yet but I belebel if you do this properly it will work

Comment

Working...
                                X