Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I bought the box from Gearbest and tried to upgrade it from Android 7.1 to Android TV 7.1.2.Unfortunately I did it before checking I got the box with the Samsung batch SEC652.
    And at the end of the upgrade,it stopped,the small light became red.
    I would like to know if there is something to do to come back to the initial settings ?

Thanks in advance for advising me

Comment

Originally posted by Aleko View Post
      Hi,

I bought the box from Gearbest and tried to upgrade it from Android 7.1 to Android TV 7.1.2.Unfortunately I did it before checking I got the box with the Samsung batch SEC652.
      And at the end of the upgrade,it stopped,the small light became red.
      I would like to know if there is something to do to come back to the initial settings ?

Thanks in advance for advising me
      I am in the EXACT same situation. Also SEC652. I can't believe it since the box was only shipped out last week. So that means they still have a lot of old stock! SO BE CAREFUL!
      Anyway, I spent my entire weekend trying to unbrick and every attempt failed.
      Now Gearbest wants me to take pictures or make a video of the problem. Well there is nothing to see, all there is is a red light...
      So I will go through the RMA procedure, I suggest you do the same.
      I havent mentioned that I did an OTA update (yes I did a legit OTA update, not the custom F/W) but I might at a later stage but we'll see.

Could anyone with a box with SEC 652 memory take a screenshot in one of those eMMC identification apps so we can show it to Gearbest (so we don't have to open the device and take a picture?)

Comment

Originally posted by 4everAnoob View Post

I am in the EXACT same situation. Also SEC652. I can't believe it since the box was only shipped out last week. So that means they still have a lot of old stock! SO BE CAREFUL!
        Anyway, I spent my entire weekend trying to unbrick and every attempt failed.
        Now Gearbest wants me to take pictures or make a video of the problem. Well there is nothing to see, all there is is a red light...
        So I will go through the RMA procedure, I suggest you do the same.
        I havent mentioned that I did an OTA update (yes I did a legit OTA update, not the custom F/W) but I might at a later stage but we'll see.

Could anyone with a box with SEC 652 memory take a screenshot in one of those eMMC identification apps so we can show it to Gearbest (so we don't have to open the device and take a picture?)
        Just shoot a video of you plugging in the box connected to the TV, showing the red light and no video on the TV. That's what I did and they offered me either a replacement unit or a refund.

Comment

a few hours latter i got it tkx any way Magendanz !

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            We rebuilt the OneDrive public folder hierarchy in a way that hopefully didn't break any of the individual file links. We'll see if it fixes the problem.

running great your ROM !

Comment

Just received my box with SEC728.. if this good to flash?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Your has the reset switch removed (upper right corner above the LED), so you should be fine. In a pinch, you can short those contacts on the PCB to flash the box using USB Burning Tool. The pins to enter Mask ROM mode are also well known on this box, if you're really to dork something up
              Thanks for the reply.
              So I have just to use a paper clip and follow the steps described in that tutorial: Mecool M8s Pro + - Nand Mask ROM flash method

Based on the attached photo have I pinch the contact marked with red arrows or those with black arrow?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm going from memory, but I tried both and I believe it was the forward set (red arrows) that worked.

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              Amazon Prime: thought I'd point out that if you have Amazon Prime, you can install Amazon Webview and Chrome (via Aptoide, in my case), log into Amazon via Chrome, select a show to stream and your reward will be Prime Videos in HD.

NB: be sure to set Chrome to "request desktop site" from its settings. When your video starts to load (spinning circle), let it do so for a bit then click near the top right of the black screen and you'll be able to select full screen video. The stream takes a minute to ramp up, but when it does it can reach 1080p and stay there for the duration.
              sorry to dig your post, but, what do you mean by Amazon Webview?
              Did not found any corresponding apk so far (but maybe i'm searching for the wrong "name" : found an amazon viewer)

edit : this one : https://amazon-viewer.fr.aptoide.com...martinsribeiro
              Last edited by lezioul; 12-06-2017, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by lezioul View Post

sorry to dig your post, but, what do you mean by Amazon Webview?
                Did not found any corresponding apk so far (but maybe i'm searching for the wrong "name" : found an amazon viewer)

edit : this one : https://amazon-viewer.fr.aptoide.com...martinsribeiro
                I think he is referring to opening the Chrome browser that is included in your ROM, and open the Amazon website. I could be wrong, since I don't use Amazon Prime.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I think he is referring to opening the Chrome browser that is included in your ROM, and open the Amazon website. I could be wrong, since I don't use Amazon Prime.
                  yep, but you need something more in order to play the content.
                  By default, chrome launch prime application (which is not working properly on this box)

Comment

all-zone-home-dvd OTE=curunoir;n688885]Hello all and thanks to Magendanz.

I use my old 515 Harmony remote with this box. The Mecool M8S Pro is known in the harmony in the database so I can use all of the buttons which are on the box remote.

But I would also use buttons on the Harmony wich are not in the box remote such as Play, Pause, Green, Yellow etc

In the /system/etc/remote.conf of the rom it seems that theses buttons are there :
                    Code:
                     [LIST=1][*]0x42 134 #red[*]0x40 133 #green //没着到匹配的[*]0x00 131 #yellow //没着到匹配的[*]0x03 140 #blue //没着到匹配的[/LIST]
                     0x46 119 #play/pause //没着到匹配的
                    So maybe the box can manage these commands from universal remotes like Harmony. But my problem now is how to configure the Harmony to sens these codes. In Harmony software you can choose first a device from its manufacturer and device and then configure buttons. Any idea of which device known in the harmony database I could use for these buttons ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi! Any progress on your side?
                    I have also an older Harmony remote (525) and would use it, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
                    the "pro+" in the Harmony database doesn't work at all for me. the "pro" only partially.

@ all
                    I also tried to use another remote.conf (of the Pivos XIOS, like described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...v-box-t3333006) but I'm not able to overwrite the /system/etc/remote.conf file. Even not in the terminal and using SU in it. Is there any hint to do it (error message is that the file system is read only).

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      I'm going from memory, but I tried both and I believe it was the forward set (red arrows) that worked.

I had:
                      - connect the USB CABLE to my PC
                      - select the Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM in the USB Burning TOOL 2.0.8 and press start
                      - connect the Mecool with the
                      USB M/M CABLE
                      -short the contacts where there was the original reset button (I tried also the backward set - black arrows on my picture).
                      NOTHING HAPPEN, DEVICE WAS NOT RECOGNISED, NO CONNECTED TO USB BURNING TOOL

-short the contacts where there was the original reset button but on the opposite side of the PCB (I tried also the backward set - black arrows on my picture).

- short the contacts
                      where there was the original reset button BEFORE to connect the USB M/M CABLE (also on the opposite side to the PCB)

- short the contacts as indicate in
                      Nand-chip-mask-rom-mode-short-location before to connect the USB M/M CABLE and when I connect the USB M/M CABLE, I heard the PLUGGED SOUND and the flash process started

Unfortunately after 13 tries I didn't pass the 4% error

What you suggest to try now?
                      Have I do something wrong?

Thanks again for your patience and your advices

Comment

You want to do this in the following order:

- Disconnect everything from the box (power, USB, HDMI, etc.)
                        - Open USB Burning Tool, load the .img file, and press Start
                        - Short the reset switch pins
                        - Insert the USB cable into the USB OTG port (closest to the power connector)
                        - Hold the reset pins shorted until you hear the Windows sound for USB device discovery
                        - Release the short

The flash should automatically start when the WorldCup driver discovers the device

NOTE: This process will get much easier when VideoStrong updates the bootloader to not require the (non-existent) reset switch to be held for USB OTG discovery. The bootloaders for AZW and Shiningworth do this right.

Comment

Originally posted by cph666 View Post

Hi! Any progress on your side?
                          I have also an older Harmony remote (525) and would use it, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
                          the "pro+" in the Harmony database doesn't work at all for me. the "pro" only partially.

@ all
                          I also tried to use another remote.conf (of the Pivos XIOS, like described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...v-box-t3333006) but I'm not able to overwrite the /system/etc/remote.conf file. Even not in the terminal and using SU in it. Is there any hint to do it (error message is that the file system is read only).

In order to replace remote.conf you need to remount the system as read/write with the following command:
                          Code:
                          su
                          mount -o remount,rw /system
                          I doubt it will work though, these boxes have the remote codes inside the device tree file. You'd need to extract the firmware, extract the boot partition, decompile the device tree, add the codes there, and then repack everything.

Comment

If anyone has an M8S Pro+ with the affected eMMC that got bricked while updating and already got a refund/replacement, and you'd like to sell me the bricked unit, please PM me with your price.

Comment

• scooter2014
                              scooter2014 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Some one figgered out they can be un bricked too. So yes worth unbricking.
                          Working...
                          X