Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The problem has to be in the hardware chain and the HDMI cable is the most obvious. I have a 4 port HDMI cable between my AVR and Mecool box, and it passes through my HD audio without issues.
    Agreed.hdmi cable is likely suspect.sometimes it's hdmi ports themselves.best to try all options.mecool to avr /avr to tv best route when using hdmi audio passthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by repulse37 View Post

Right on the link, tried to upload here but doesn't seems to work
      Yes, the link is working now. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. A 480p, H.264 video codec in a MKV container. One thing I noticed is the Ogg audio codec, and I am not familiar with that codec. You may want to do some research on the Kodi forum about that audio codec.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yes, the link is working now. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. A 480p, H.264 video codec in a MKV container. One thing I noticed is the Ogg audio codec, and I am not familiar with that codec. You may want to do some research on the Kodi forum about that audio codec.
        So i will look for this. Thanks for helping

Comment

Originally posted by Loex View Post
          What about LS model? My stock firmware is M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.1 NHG47L 20180205.111652.V0928. Can i install TVStock Nexus ROM?
          Hi - Don't know if you got an answer on this ?

As you have a box with V09xx FW as std. you should be OK to install a Custom FW based on the same generation revision.

Newer boxes with V02xx FW as std. should wait for a new version of the custom FW for these changed HW boxes.

Hopefully Magendanz can get past the issues that Videostrong have introduced ...
          Keeping fingers crossed here.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Hi - Don't know if you got an answer on this ?

As you have a box with V09xx FW as std. you should be OK to install a Custom FW based on the same generation revision.

Newer boxes with V02xx FW as std. should wait for a new version of the custom FW for these changed HW boxes.

Hopefully Magendanz can get past the issues that Videostrong have introduced ...
            Keeping fingers crossed here.
            I would agree with that.i think the LS variant has a longsy ltm 8830 wi-fi module which I believe is compatible with the wi-fi chip used on the LQ variant so the stock firmware and custom firmware for the LQ will be ok to use on LS variant.

Comment

The problem has to be in the hardware chain and the HDMI cable is the most obvious. I have a 4 port HDMI cable between my AVR and Mecool box, and it passes through my HD audio without issues.
              Just tested with brand new HDMI 2.0 cable with the same results so been able to eliminate the cable as the culprit. Running out of ideas. Possibly just a faulty box?

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Agreed.hdmi cable is likely suspect.sometimes it's hdmi ports themselves.best to try all options.mecool to avr /avr to tv best route when using hdmi audio passthrough.
                Mecool to avr /avr to tv is my current setup, it avoids any further complications with ARC. Just tested with brand new HDMI 2.0 cable and still getting the same results so it doesn't appear to be the fault of the cable. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by mynameismartha View Post

Mecool to avr /avr to tv is my current setup, it avoids any further complications with ARC. Just tested with brand new HDMI 2.0 cable and still getting the same results so it doesn't appear to be the fault of the cable. Any other ideas?
                  try kodi 17.6 again with new cable.kodi 17 was built from the ground up to support all hd audio formats.i have tried my test files using mx player and it does not support true-hd.only got dts with it on dts-hd ma file.so other players have limited support.stick with kodi 17.6 until you get success to simplify things.you need to get true-hd and dts-hd showing in kodi set up.sorry i dont know why they dont show.i have tried changing my kodi settings to see if i can get same outcome as you to narrow down the problem but i still get all audio options showing.all i can think to try if you still have no luck is do a factory reset in case a glitch has occured when firmware installed.is it the only android box you have?you could try putting kodi on another box to see if settings are same?the kodi build i am using is 17.6 git:20171114-a9a7a20 nov 14.2017 to narrow down further.
                  Last edited by supermal; 05-07-2018, 21:12.

Comment

try kodi 17.6 again with new cable.kodi 17 was built from the ground up to support all hd audio formats.i have tried my test files using mx player and it does not support true-hd.only got dts with it on dts-hd ma file.so other players have limited support.stick with kodi 17.6 until you get success to simplify things.you need to get true-hd and dts-hd showing in kodi set up.sorry i dont know why they dont show.i have tried changing my kodi settings to see if i can get same outcome as you to narrow down the problem but i still get all audio options showing.all i can think to try if you still have no luck is do a factory reset in case a glitch has occured when firmware installed.is it the only android box you have?you could try putting kodi on another box to see if settings are same?the kodi build i am using is 17.6 git:20171114-a9a7a20 nov 14.2017 to narrow down further.
                    Tried Kodi 17.6 again, still no DTS-HD or TRUE-HD options in the audio settings. Factory reset may be the last possible option it seems. Out of interest what is the current firmware on the L box you've been testing on? I'm currently on Kernel Version 3.14.29 and Build Version M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213

Comment

Tried Kodi 17.6 again, still no DTS-HD or TRUE-HD options in the audio settings. Factory reset may be the last possible option it seems. Out of interest what is the current firmware on the L box you've been testing on? I'm currently on Kernel Version 3.14.29 and Build Version M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213
                      I'm on the same.did you check kodi version is same as mine?

Comment

Yep, I'm on the same Kodi version (Compiled Nov 14 2017). Rather strange situation. I know the box and cables can certainly output hd audio because I'm able to get successful passthrough of DTS-HD using VLC and some TrueHD in MX Player but no luck at all with Kodi which I expected to be the only sure fire bet. I might look into trying to debug the Kodi audio settings log to try and figure out why HD options arent being shown. Hopefully that'll shed some light!

Comment

So a factory reset later and everything is still pretty much the same. No dice with HD passthrough on several versions of Kodi and SPMC. Time to contact Gearbest, looks like I've been sent a dud!

PS in case anyone can shed any further light, here is the Kodi log when attempting to play a TrueHD and DTS-HD sample file - https://paste.kodi.tv/emurogazud

Comment

Hi any possibility to enable dvb api support and add tuners compatiblitity support ? Would love to use Live Channel with my tuner

Comment

No update found on OTA. Is it possible to update to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928) ? Currently on (stock) 7.1.1 NHG47L 20171117.164057.V0928
                              Also, i saw here some issue with wifi, it it ok now, or i'm totally wrong and it's unrelated ?

Comment

So a factory reset later and everything is still pretty much the same. No dice with HD passthrough on several versions of Kodi and SPMC. Time to contact Gearbest, looks like I've been sent a dud!

PS in case anyone can shed any further light, here is the Kodi log when attempting to play a TrueHD and DTS-HD sample file - https://paste.kodi.tv/emurogazud
                                now where getting somewhere!nothing wrong with your box!!!i disconnected my avr from my mecool box and connected direct to tv.now my settings in kodi are the same as yours.so your avr is not getting correct hdmi handshake with your mecool box.there is two hdmi cables that have to be the right spec for one thing.second settings on your avr and mecool box need to be correct.third settings in kodi need to be correct.trial and error my friend and you will succeed.look at your avr manual to see if that helps.when i first got my avr i could not get dolby atmos to show on my read out.thought avr was not working.turns out you need to have a pair of extra speakers connected for the avr to see and output correct audio stream.all new to me at the time but a simple set up error and it wont work.good luck anyway im sure you will get there.how many speakers have you got connected?is kodi set to 7.1?
                                Last edited by supermal; 05-08-2018, 16:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X