Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get my Wifi and Bluetooth back by restoring via TWRP backup I found on another Thread

If you have the newer Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) we are not able to use this ROM. But at least I have it back to stock and usable. Maybe OP could use this to create newer Rom? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

Sorry but i believe it s a silly question. What makes you think that maby you cant install it?
      I tried several times to install a build and each time the downloading stops abruptly at the halfway point. I tried installing with the M8S stock software and with the Nexus rom installed.

Comment

I've the latest board with KM63350816
        Is there something we can edit in the update to make it work with this WiFi chip?

Comment

I am considering buying this box but i NEED to know a few things I can not find anywhere else...

I need the box to be able to use a USB HD (OTG) I think it is called? I also need to to have SAMBA SERVER support.
          In the past, some boxes would not let the SAMBA apps run because I could not get root.

If I buy this box AND use this ROM, will I have root and still have bluetooth and USB HD capabilities? And can anybody confirm if they are able to get SAMBA to work on it?

Sorry for all the questions, but you would REALLY help me out. I am on my FIFTH box trying to get one that will do all 3 things I need!

Comment

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post
            I've the latest board with KM63350816
            Is there something we can edit in the update to make it work with this WiFi chip?
            DO NOT install any of the custom ROMs if you do not have LQ model (Initial release) The newer LB model has new Wifi and Bluetooth chip, you will lose all network. AFAIK, all of the current ROMs available are based on the older Model.

You can see which model you have by looking at the bottom of the box.

Hopefully the developers will update their custom ROMs with the newer chipset.

Comment

What about LS model? My stock firmware is M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.1 NHG47L 20180205.111652.V0928. Can i install TVStock Nexus ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by mike_la View Post

DO NOT install any of the custom ROMs if you do not have LQ model (Initial release) The newer LB model has new Wifi and Bluetooth chip, you will lose all network. AFAIK, all of the current ROMs available are based on the older Model.

You can see which model you have by looking at the bottom of the box.

Hopefully the developers will update their custom ROMs with the newer chipset.
                Yeah I noticed, I already made a big mess, going through several rom changes and than back to the old one through a backup, I was asking if we can unpack the rom and add the right drivers somehow, I never did it but I'm quite sure there's a way

Comment

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post

Yeah I noticed, I already made a big mess, going through several rom changes and than back to the old one through a backup, I was asking if we can unpack the rom and add the right drivers somehow, I never did it but I'm quite sure there's a way
                  Same boat as you. Just bought another M8s Pro L, hopefully it will ship soon. But I think all things are possible, we just need an incentive for the developers.

Comment

Hello Guest , Im a fan and user of your ATV rom for the Mecool m8s Pro L, while reading another thread I found the OTA update_NHG47L_20180417.150752.V0213
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

this zip with the OTA have the files and libraries to add Microsoft Playready DRM, its on the folders
                    /system/etc/drm/playready
                    /lib/libplayready.so
                    /vendor/lib/drm/libdrmclientplayreadyplugin.so
                    /vendor/lib/mediadrm/libplayreadymediadrmplugin.so

The post where this OTA came from:

Maybe this can be added to the next update
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Should have an update this weekend based on the 20180417.150752.V0213 OEM firmware.

Will an update by this way be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by coubi64 View Post
                      Will an update by this way be ok?

Yes, if magendaz post an OTA update. Or else you must use burning tools

Comment

i know i am in wrong place but can i flash this rom with tx3 mini

Comment

Has anyone been able to get HDMI RAW audio passthrough working with DTS-HD and TrueHD with stock or any custom rom?

Comment

Okay, I've run into a problem using the 20180417.150752.V0213 OEM kernel. Going through my normal development process, I was able to build all variants with the new OEM firmware. However, they switched from the QCA9377 to the BCM4335 wireless chipset, so WiFi and Bluetooth don't work on any of my M8S PRO L boxes.

My strategy was to just pull over the latest QCA9377 kernel and init.amlogic.wifi.rc, repacking the build image using the usual procedure. However, this results in a hang after the logo screen. No matter what I did, the old kernel would always fail to load, and the new kernel is missing the kernel compatibility layer that the QCA9377 uses through compat.ko.

Does anyone have a newer OEM firmware release for the M8S PRO L SKUs that used the old QCA9377 wireless chipset? The latest I can find is 20180205.111652.V0928.

Comment

Originally posted by mynameismartha View Post
                              Has anyone been able to get HDMI RAW audio passthrough working with DTS-HD and TrueHD with stock or any custom rom?
                              Yes, this box natively supports HD audio out of the box. Kodi works and VLC gives you HD audio.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                              X