Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natman View Post
    May be you've an hardware issue. My M8S Pro L doesn't freeze and it's quite stable...
    Looks like it is LB variant but the firmware should be atv with leanback launcher.unless mecool have moved goalposts again without telling their customers!can't put any logic to this at all.i don't think mecool/videostrong even know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post
      natman I 've the same with you Mecool m8s pro L (NO the Bluetooth Voice Version) which came with, M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213, firmware. Because I had some issues with wifi I flashed, using android terminal (reboot update) and burn card maker method, at first the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img and later the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img. Both of them are useless because the mecool freezes all the times or reboot randomly. Although the firmwares are same version (V.0213) with mine Mecool LB version, aren't compatible with the no Bluetooth voice version. DONT FLASH IT. Is there any custom Rom which support the wifi - Bluetooth chipset ? Is there anybody who knoww where could I find (link - source) my first rom img (M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213) to recover my box? Thanks a lot.
      hi Giannis.here is a link for firmware that is possibly ok to load onto your box.if you have LB variant and it came with the bluetooth voice remote it should give you back wifi and bluetooth support.it is not exact same as your stock firmware but is pretty close.put it this way there is nothing else available.so proceed at your own risk but others have recovered there box using it.M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img best of luck and report back good or bad so we can help others.load using usb burning tool.

Comment

it would appear that firmware for mecool l boxes with normal remote is different to that of firmware for same boxes with blutooth remote and they cannot be mixed.just adding to the nightmare!

Comment

Thank you very much supermall for your response. My mecool box LB version came with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213 (not atv firmware and with normal remote). After I flashed (using both usb burning tool and burn card maker methods) at first the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img and later the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img, both of them, have a lot of issues:
          a. Freezing many times during boot.
          b. Freezing frequently in settings menu, and even in main screen.
          c. Frequently BT - WIFI disconnecting (every ten minutes) and reboot required.
          I realized, as you mentioned above, the two V0213 atv firmware's, aren't compatible with the no Bluetooth voice version, so is useless to flash them to a lb ver. box
          with normal remote.
          The only solution for me, to recover my box, is to find the
          20180316.115110.V0213, stock firmware or a custom rom which support my WIFI-BT chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post
            Thank you very much supermall for your response. My mecool box LB version came with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213 (not atv firmware and with normal remote). After I flashed (using both usb burning tool and burn card maker methods) at first the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img and later the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img, both of them, have a lot of issues:
            a. Freezing many times during boot.
            b. Freezing frequently in settings menu, and even in main screen.
            c. Frequently BT - WIFI disconnecting (every ten minutes) and reboot required.
            I realized, as you mentioned above, the two V0213 atv firmware's, aren't compatible with the no Bluetooth voice version, so is useless to flash them to a lb ver. box
            with normal remote.
            The only solution for me, to recover my box, is to find the
            20180316.115110.V0213, stock firmware or a custom rom which support my WIFI-BT chipset.
            Ok.wasnt sure what remote you got with your box.to me now it looks like they have completely mixed up firmware/boxes/remotes.where did you buy from?your only hope is help from supplier because firmware support is seriously lacking.sorry I could not help.frustrating paying out good money and waiting for delivery only to find it falls short of expectations.i wanted LQ or LS version but got LB version.when I contacted them to send out the version I wanted they didn't understand what I was asking for.i just gave up in the end.it is a lottery on what you get.its not cost effective to send back to China from England!

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Looks like it is LB variant but the firmware should be atv with leanback launcher.unless mecool have moved goalposts again without telling their customers!can't put any logic to this at all.i don't think mecool/videostrong even know what they are doing.
              They have made a Frankenstein here in LB variant. How is it possible that with the same board BT/Wifi works on one software meant for the same board and not on the other version..Drivers should be the same right?..I feel LQ/LS owners are the lucky ones... I sent VS an email few days ago they didnt even respond and appears on Aliexpress some Wechip M8S Pro L is also available..this is quickly turning to a joke now...Gearbest has these on sale but I wonder which lucky ones will be buying it right now

Giannis when you loaded the BT remote firmware how come you werent asked to pair remote on boot? How did you go past that? Do share your source once you get it..

Comment

Originally posted by Appys View Post

They have made a Frankenstein here in LB variant. How is it possible that with the same board BT/Wifi works on one software meant for the same board and not on the other version..Drivers should be the same right?..I feel LQ/LS owners are the lucky ones... I sent VS an email few days ago they didnt even respond and appears on Aliexpress some Wechip M8S Pro L is also available..this is quickly turning to a joke now...Gearbest has these on sale but I wonder which lucky ones will be buying it right now

Giannis when you loaded the BT remote firmware how come you werent asked to pair remote on boot? How did you go past that? Do share your source once you get it..
                I think you only get the pair request if you have Bluetooth remote firmware and Bluetooth remote.

Comment

Hi Appys. After flashing either 20180316.143701.V0213 or the 20180417.150752.V0213 firmwares, both of them at boot, requested BT remote pairing. Because of I' ve a LB version box with normal remote, I bypass this step pairing the box with my smartphone. The best solution for me now is to flash to an existing custom firmware (losing of course Wifi-BT) and connect to internet via ethernet, hoping in the future to find , my stock firmware (180316.115110.V0213) or a custom firmware which supports my WiFi-BT chipset.

Supermal sendind the box back in China is not an option for now, because it was my mistake to flash my box with the other V0213 firmwares thinking are compatible with my device.

Comment

I've noticed that geekbuying.com correctly advertise the "voiceless" version as Android 7.1 and the "voice" version as Android TV...

@ Giannis: can you confirm that you also have this unknown KT 63350801 wifi chipset?

Comment

Hi natman. We' ve exactly the same box, according I've seen and in your uploaded pics in #731 post.

Comment

I've noticed that geekbuying.com correctly advertise the "voiceless" version as Android 7.1 and the "voice" version as Android TV...

@ Giannis: can you confirm that you also have this unknown KT 63350801 wifi chipset?
                        That is an interesting observation. My last understanding was that VidoeStrong/Mecool were ONLY going to use the Android TV OS on their boxes, and not the touch version. BUT, I hear a lot of complaints on this site, that some people PREFER the touch version of the OS, so perhaps VS and Mecool are monitoring these forums and decided to satisfy both groups. So, your observation makes sense, that the Voice version would have the Android TV OS and the NON Voice version of the same "L" box would have the touch version.........

Just my crazy thoughts.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If Mecool and Video strong are indeed monitoring this site, Your new box aka the LB one sucks..you have degraded the components, half times seems the new cheap chip is dead... thrown in a voice remote and retained/increased the price..half of us are outside China and being harassed if we buy off sites like Aliexpress where return costs are inhibitively high and the sellers have us by the throat...its a nightmare buying these things

Comment

Bloody hell my chip reads KM63350524, IT-A1W, proves they are experimenting on customers the chip has no record on the net Same box multiple chip varieties messed up software

Comment

Maybe someone with the new LB version but with the voice remote and the ATV firmware can tell us which wifi chipset its box uses... to further clarify the situation...

In the meantime, nobody can tell me if Amazon Prime Video ever works with the M8S Pro L (any firmware/hardware configuration)?

Comment

Appys mine reads exactly KM63350705 IT-A1W. I think is a kind of serial numbers of the LB ver. BCM4335 WIFI-BT chipset, no different devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X