Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Guess I have a one track mind, I thought you were referring to installing it on CoreELEC. Using your instructions, I got Netflix and the Inputstream adaptive installed, but the videos will not play. It shows the users and Videos, but when I click on one, it won't play the video. Not sure what I am missing. Using a similar method, I installed it on CoreELEC and the video plays. I even rebooted the box, but that did not help.

Any ideas??
    Same here Kodi leia running Netflix addon, no play the video, my box Mecool M8S PRO Plus with Rom Magendanz, otherwise in CoreELEC run Fine 720p.

Regards

Comment

Does anybody know if there is a TWRP SD Recovery image for this box. All TWRP images that I have in my colection don't work...

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
        Does anybody know if there is a TWRP SD Recovery image for this box. All TWRP images that I have in my colection don't work...
        I have not found one either.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I can probably build one. Basically, I just need to use the new Oreo kernel and strip out just the RAMdisk, since Treble builds have both boot and recovery share the kernel.

Originally posted by harckan View Post

Same here Kodi leia running Netflix addon, no play the video, my box Mecool M8S PRO Plus with Rom Magendanz, otherwise in CoreELEC run Fine 720p.

Regards
        Kodi has to have the Chrome Launcher installed for Netflix to work. It installs using CoreELEC leia install..........
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

That is not a bug but simply tablet Apps Not being coded for the Android TV OS leanback framework. All Android TV OS devices have the same issue with tablet Apps.
          Not so, many of my tablet apps that run on this device only in portrait mod, run on my S005W and S912 boxes in proper landscape mod.

Comment

Kodi has to have the Chrome Launcher installed for Netflix to work. It installs using CoreELEC leia install..........
            You only install the Chrome Launcher in Kodi 18 on Android and the Netflix addon?
            On my RK3328 device the Chrome Launcher addon says Chrome not found even if it's installed, not tried yet on KM8.
            Is there a way to set it up that you know?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You only install the Chrome Launcher in Kodi 18 on Android and the Netflix addon?
              On my RK3328 device the Chrome Launcher addon says Chrome not found even if it's installed, not tried yet on KM8.
              Is there a way to set it up that you know?
              Same thing on the KM8, can't get it to install to use with Netflix. Chrome is installed on Android, but Kodi can't connect it to the Netflix port. I even tried several different repositories to get Chrome Launcher to install, but not luck. Spent several hours, but finally gave up. I think I went through this before, but no luck. It only works under Leia running on LibreELEC or CoreELEC.

Comment

Same thing on the KM8, can't get it to install to use with Netflix. Chrome is installed on Android, but Kodi can't connect it to the Netflix port. I even tried several different repositories to get Chrome Launcher to install, but not luck. Spent several hours, but finally gave up. I think I went through this before, but no luck. It only works under Leia running on LibreELEC or CoreELEC.
                I was thinking of using the Chrome Launcher to add several video streaming sites to Kodi to easily open them for streaming services whose apps don't work on certain devices but can still stream through Chrome browser if you set it to Desktop mode. But it seems this plan won't work now if the addon can't even detect Chrome on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I was thinking of using the Chrome Launcher to add several video streaming sites to Kodi to easily open them for streaming services whose apps don't work on certain devices but can still stream through Chrome browser if you set it to Desktop mode. But it seems this plan won't work now if the addon can't even detect Chrome on Android.
                  Maybe you can have better luck than me.....

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The developer just said it only works for Windows/Linux not Android and abandoned the project.

Originally posted by bertvdb View Post
                  Hi All.

So I got my KM8 from Gearbest last week and I could not run our local IPTV service due to the box not being Google certified. Videostrong sent me a fw update which fixed the issue.
                  Which email address did you use to contact Videostrong? A couple of days ago I sent them emails to "[email protected]" and to "[email protected]" with some questions, but did not receive any replys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post

Which email address did you use to contact Videostrong? A couple of days ago I sent them emails to "[email protected]" and to "[email protected]" with some questions, but did not receive any replys.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander

Not so, many of my tablet apps that run on this device only in portrait mod, run on my S005W and S912 boxes in proper landscape mod.
                      Did you tried with Set Orientation app?

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                        Did you tried with Set Orientation app?

http://<a href="http://www.apkmirror...-download/</a>
                        No, will give it a try, tnx.

It annoys me that I cannot see my Library on Play Store app to install all my favorite apps. Have to sideload everything...

Comment

Is there a way or solution for USB connected NTFS drives to be mounted? My box only recognises and mounts only Fat32 formated drives/sticks

Comment

• mo123
                            mo123 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not until Videostrong releases a firmware update.

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                          If you can boot into Android Recovery on the KM8 (try the Playstore install - AMLogic TV Tool Box) and flash the Magisk v16.zip to Root the device.
                          No .zip files can be installed from Android Recovery on this box. Does not have that option... There is no TWRP Recovery for this borad on Oreo.

Comment

Working...
                          X