Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubenjavier View Post

My mistake, I though there was already a stock firmware out there, please nobody try anything until there is a backup firmware.
    There is a stock firmware for KM8, but no TWRP recovery, yet.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Turns out the problem with my TWRP build for KM8 was with updating Ubuntu. I should have a build that works soon.

So I bricked my new km8 atv already. Os
    blows. No root, kingroot won't root it either. No landscape view option in settings so half the apps I loaded are sideways. I tried burning a few different firmwares with same chipset like the m8s pro plus but I get loper identity error. However beelink mxiii does work on it except no wifi. Anyone have mecool bm8 firmware? I only have a twrp backup of it and can't root new km8 so no twrp. New km8 firmware zip would be nice to I could unpack and replace recovery with twrp. Either way new km8 sucks so good luck everyone. Hardware is great of course, just have a project now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post

There is a stock firmware for KM8, but no TWRP recovery, yet.
      Where can I get that firmware, everything I find is km8 pro

Comment

Originally posted by jillblow777 View Post

Where can I get that firmware, everything I find is km8 pro
        Look at post 198. Let us know if it works.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by jillblow777 View Post
          So I bricked my new km8 atv already.

New km8 firmware zip would be nice to I could unpack and replace recovery with twrp.
          Here is an OTA update KM8-ota-V0412.201806271453.zip, same version my box came with, in it you can find original Recovery.img

I solved landscape mod of my "sideways" apps with "setorientation_1.1.4-10.apk"

Comment

Hey guys, just to let you know so trebor can open a new thread

There is a new official AndroidTV box with s905x and Netflix approved, its called Jetsream by Ematic
            you can get it at walmart:

walmart link, maybe next week they will have stock:

It went through the fcc last month

The manual shows android 8.1, if this is true, maybe we get some fixes:

WiFi ac, optical audio, ethernet port and SDcard slot

Im in europe and cant buy one yet... maybe someone on the states can get one in the coming weeks from a brick and mortar shop

Comment

Heard Netflix blacklisted Videostrong, so all their devices won't be able to use it anymore, not even with new burnkeytools in future.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for firmware, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  Heard Netflix blacklisted Videostrong, so all their devices won't be able to use it anymore, not even with new burnkeytools in future.
                  Netflix is still running in 1080P with DD+ on my Mecool M8S Pro L........ When was Netflix supposed to stop working in HD on these boxes??
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Heard it's been resolved.....
                    Time will be the judge I guess

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  You can use the Kodi addon and even get 4K + HDR: https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix with the latest nightly Kodi Leia build.
                  I don't have a 4K visualization device so I can't test it, but it works at 1080p without problems once you set the correct ESN (tested on a Mecool M8S Pro+ and a Mecool KI Pro)

Comment

Originally posted by A600 View Post

You can use the Kodi addon and even get 4K + HDR: https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix with the latest nightly Kodi Leia build.
                    I don't have a 4K visualization device so I can't test it, but it works at 1080p without problems once you set the correct ESN (tested on a Mecool M8S Pro+ and a Mecool KI Pro)
                    I tried on my Nexbox A95X Pro (Amlogic S905W), it would start to play then quit.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I tried on my Nexbox A95X Pro (Amlogic S905W), it would start to play then quit.
                      You need to set the correct ESN in the plugin settings. Launch the Netflix app for Android TV (it won't work but you only need the ESN). It'll be something like this:
                      NFANDROID2-BLABLABLA-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where XXXX-XXXXXXXXX is a bunch of numbers. The ESN you need for the addon is NFANDROID2-BLABLABLA.

For the Mecool KI Pro, for example is:
                      NFANDROID2-PRV-NEXUSPLAYERFUGU-VS===KI=PRO

Comment

Is there a fix for NTFS file system on Oreo 8.0 for this box?
                        Is there a working TWRP recovery for SD card for this box?

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No
                          Three weeks ago Mecool replied to me: "About the KM8 Android TV, there is no update. It needs time".
                          My emails from last week and this week remain unanswered, I even sent them patches to fix all the problems.
                          Seems no one is interested to fix it, so I gave up.
                          All the S905X AndroidTV Oreo devices are broken, some a lot more than others.

The Jetstream AndroidTV box from walmart with S905X just got released, and it came with AndroidTV 8.1 like the new MiBox S is going to have, so maybe there are fixes at last for Oreo and S905X.

The box is being tested and commented here:

Pictures showing the AndroidTV version:

Walmart link:

Comment

Originally posted by rubenjavier View Post
                          The Jetstream AndroidTV box from walmart
                          What does this have to do in Mecool KM8 topic?

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looks like a partner thread and gets credit for sales,
                            Lets hope they donate to Freaktab
                        Working...
                        X