Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As @mo123 already wroteI have to confirm.

After having this box for several days, I'm seriously considering to return it and buy one that works OK.

Things that don't work on this (fake?) "certified" box that work on my other boxes on Android Nougat 7.1.2:

1. Mouse, cord or wifi, right button and scroll does not work and there is NO settings for mouse.

2. Most tablet apps work in portrait mode, have to use "Set Orientation" to fix some of them to landscape mod, but cannot fix all of them.

3. There is no location nor language for my country.

4. Play Store app does not contain "My Library" so I have to sideload all my apps and PAY for them again, although I own them.

5. Can't USE NTFS drives on USB, my only way to play files.

6. Netflix does not work.

7. Kodi is useless for me due to #5.

8. HBO-GO does not work
    -> when I start a video to play it stops with: DRM Error (on Google Certified box !!!) If it wasn't tragic, it would be hilarious

Items on numbers 7. and 8. were my main reason for buying this (behaves as fake) certified box, and since there is absolutely no help nor communication from Videostrong,
    the only logical thing to do for me is return the box and get as far as possible away from their products.

Comment

Hi Sholander,

I hope this will clear up a few things...

I believe the KM8 may actually be Google Certified, there is semi decent proof of it over on Reddit from user (read the 4th post) - 513 - who runs a Google Website that collates all the certified Android TV devices worldwide:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/c...error/e521m3y/

You do not get Chromecasting capabilities (and certificates) without legit Google Certification.

The major problem with this device is the really buggy brand new (Oreo) AMLogic Linux Kernel vs the previous stable AMLogic Marshmallow or Nougat ones.

The other issue is users want Legit DRM, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc in a relatively dirt cheap Box, then complain that tablet/touchscreen Android Apps do not run properly due to it running a "restrictive" Android TV interface. Sadly it seems you have to choose one camp or the other.

Google is the one that needs to be blamed here for confusing the shit out of users - at least Apple brands their Apps, iOS and tvOS for mobile and TV usage, far far less confusing.

Dirt cheap = usually very little seller support.
      China dirt cheap = no english help forums.
      AMLogic hardware with a new Kernel, new OS dirt cheap = really buggy.

1 & 2 - you bought an Android TV device designed for Apps usage with a simple D-Pad remote - not a touchscreen/mouse interface - everyone has to live with those limitations with Android TV devices. Missing settings is really strange, it is Android TV tho.

4 - the Android TV Playstores and tablet/regular Playstore are different entities, a LOT of people do not realise this it seems. Same issue for every Android TV user.

5 - same AMLogic Oreo Linux Kernel bugs that the Oreo Xiaomi Mi Box has. In fact there will be more you have not discovered yet, especially for Passthrough Audio.

6 - Non working KM8 - Netflix is now plastered across the internet in many places. Surely some pre purchase research by potential users need to be done.
      Never buy a device based on promises of what may or may not be added later in a Firmware update.

What is confusing for mainstream buyers is that Google Certifications are completely seperate from a device getting Netflix Approval. You can have the first without the second.
      Yes it's a trap for unsuspecting buyers. So is the Amazon Prime situation, whereby it only comes pre packaged with the NVIDIA Shield.
      What a clusterfcuk Android TV really is !

7 - stay away from ALL AMLogic boxes running any Oreo OS. They will all have the same shiny, new, buggy v4.9.54 AMLogic Linux Kernel problems.

8 - looks like this device is not thoroughly tested. It will never be sold in a physical, Bricks and Mortar store. There would be too many device returns.

I've actually written an article over on the Xiaomi Website titled....

What is wrong with the Cheap Android TV "model" (click)

Last edited by wrxtasy; 09-02-2018, 05:10.

Comment

For those trailblazers who manage to screw up their firmware on this device, here's an Amlogic burn package to restore it to stock: KM8_OPR6.170623.013 V0412.201806271453_normal.img

Notes:
        • This was obtained by reading the raw partitions from media directly using the Amlogic update USB tool v1.3 and the Worldcup drivers.
        • The package was created using "normal" vs. "sparse" images, since I've still not mastered the new Oreo file contexts and make_ext4fs v8.1.
        • I've verified that it writes back to the device using USB Burning Tool v2.1.2 and boots through setup, but not much beyond that.
        I assume because we can write burn packages that we can also write custom ROMs and recoveries, so the next step is to build TWRP for this box.

Also, here's the build.prop:

Code:
        # begin build properties
        # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
        ro.build.id=OPR6.170623.013
        ro.build.display.id=OPR6.170623.013.V0412.201806271453 release-keys
        ro.build.version.incremental=V0412.201806271453
        ro.build.version.sdk=26
        ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0
        ro.build.version.codename=REL
        ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
        ro.build.version.release=8.0.0
        ro.build.version.security_patch=2018-05-05
        ro.build.version.base_os=
        ro.build.date=Wed Jun 27 14:53:15 CST 2018
        ro.build.date.utc=1530082395
        ro.build.type=user
        ro.build.user=spinkzhang
        ro.build.host=vstrong4
        ro.build.tags=release-keys
        ro.build.flavor=KM8-user
        ro.product.model=KM8
        ro.product.brand=MECOOL
        ro.product.name=KM8
        ro.product.device=KM8
        # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete,
        # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead.
        ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
        ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
        ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
        ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
        ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
        ro.product.manufacturer=VS
        ro.product.locale=en-US
        ro.wifi.channels=11
        # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
        ro.build.product=KM8
        # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint
        ro.build.description=KM8-user 8.0.0 OPR6.170623.013 V0412.201806271453 release-keys
        ro.build.fingerprint=MECOOL/KM8/KM8:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/V0412.201806271453:user/release-keys
        ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
        # end build properties
        #
        # from device/amlogic/KM8/system.prop
        #
        # Set display related config
        ro.platform.has.mbxuimode=true
        ro.platform.has.realoutputmode=true
        ro.platform.keepbackground.app=com.droidlogic.PPPoE
        #camera max to 720p
        ro.camera.preview.MaxSize=1280x720
        ro.camera.preview.LimitedRate=1280x720x30,640x480x30,320x240x28
        ro.camera.preview.UseMJPEG=1

#for bt auto connect
        #ro.autoconnectbt.isneed=true
        #ro.autoconnectbt.macprefix=00:CD:FF
        #ro.autoconnectbt.btclass=50c
        #ro.autoconnectbt.nameprefix=Amlogic_RC

persist.sys.remote.name=RemoterATV3
        #if wifi Only
        ro.radio.noril=false

#if need pppoe
        ro.net.pppoe=true

#the prop is used for enable or disable
        #DD+/DD force output when HDMI EDID is not supported
        #by default,the force output mode is enabled.
        #Note,please do not set the prop to true by default
        #only for netflix,just disable the feature.so set the prop to true
        ro.platform.disable.audiorawout=false

#Dolby DD+ decoder option
        #this prop to for videoplayer display the DD+/DD icon when playback
        ro.platform.support.dolby=true
        #DTS decoder option
        #display dts icon when playback
        ro.platform.support.dts=false
        #DTS-HD support prop
        #ro.platform.support.dtstrans=true
        #ro.platform.support.dtsmulasset=true
        #DTS-HD prop end
        # Enable player buildin
        media.amplayer.seekkeyframe=true
        media.amsuperplayer.enable=true
        media.amplayer.enable-acodecs=ac3,eac3,rm,dts
        media.amplayer.enable=true
        media.amsuperplayer.m4aplayer=STAGEFRIGHT_PLAYER
        media.amsuperplayer.defplayer=PV_PLAYER
        media.amplayer.thumbnail=true
        media.amplayer.dsource4local=1
        media.amplayer.dropwaitxms=100

media.arm.audio.decoder=ape,flac,dts,ac3,eac3,wma,wmapro,mp3,aac,vorbis,raac,cook,amr,pcm,adpcm,aac_latm,rm
        media.wfd.use-pcm-audio=false
        media.wfd.videoresolution-type=1
        media.wfd.videoresolution-group=0
        media.wfd.videoframerate=24
        media.wfd.video-bitrate=2000000
        media.html5videowin.enable=1
        media.decoder.vfm.defmap=decoder ppmgr deinterlace amvideo
        media.decoder.vfm.drmmap=decoder amvideo

#add for video boot, 1 means use video boot, others not .
        service.bootvideo=0

# Define drm for this device
        drm.service.enabled=1

#used forward seek for libplayer
        media.libplayer.seek.fwdsearch=1

#set memory upper limit for extractor process
        ro.media.maxmem=629145600

#fix hls sync
        libplayer.livets.softdemux=1
        libplayer.netts.recalcpts=1

#map volume
        ro.audio.mapvalue=0,0,0,0

#By default, primary storage is physical
        #ro.vold.primary_physical=true

#Support storage visible to apps
        persist.fw.force_adoptable=true

#use sdcardfs
        ro.sys.sdcardfs=true

#add livhls,libcurl as default hls
        media.libplayer.curlenable=true
        media.libplayer.modules=vhls_mod,dash_mod,curl_mod,prhls_mod,vm_mod,bluray_mod

#Hdmi In
        ro.sys.hdmiin.enable=true
        mbx.hdmiin.switchfull=false
        mbx.hdmiin.videolayer=false

#adb
        service.adb.tcp.port=5555
        #persist.ctstest.mode=true

persist.sys.need.burnkey=true
        ro.keyburn.hdcp22=true
        ro.keyburn.playready=true
        ro.keyburn.attestkey=true
        ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-videostrong-tv

#
        # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
        #
        ro.treble.enabled=true
        persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so
        dalvik.vm.isa.arm.variant=cortex-a9
        dalvik.vm.isa.arm.features=default
        net.bt.name=Android
        dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
        ro.expect.recovery_id=0x523d1c78a8e8a9826a50dea6b3675b6ceb70ebef000000000000000000000000
        Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2018, 01:53.

Comment

The Oreo equipped Xiaomi Mi Box is still using (I believe)
          ro.nrdp.modelgroup=XIAOMIM12TRIAL

K8 in build.prop, there is no:

media.amplayer.widevineenable=true
          drm.service.enable=true either (that may be a leftover MM stuff)

@Magendanz..
          Can this KM8 be rooted with Magisk v16/17.x ?

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
            Hi Sholander,

Google is the one that needs to be blamed here for confusing the shit out of users - at least Apple brands their Apps, iOS and tvOS for mobile and TV usage, far far less confusing.

1 & 2 - you bought an Android TV device designed for Apps usage with a simple D-Pad remote - not a touchscreen/mouse interface - everyone has to live with those limitations with Android TV devices. Missing settings is really strange, it is Android TV tho.

4 - the Android TV Playstores and tablet/regular Playstore are different entities, a LOT of people do not realise this it seems. Same issue for every Android TV user.

5 - same AMLogic Oreo Linux Kernel bugs that the Oreo Xiaomi Mi Box has. In fact there will be more you have not discovered yet, especially for Passthrough Audio.

What is confusing for mainstream buyers is that Google Certifications are completely seperate from a device getting Netflix Approval. You can have the first without the second.
            Yes it's a trap for unsuspecting buyers. So is the Amazon Prime situation, whereby it only comes pre packaged with the NVIDIA Shield.
            Tnx for clarification, but some things are really not clear to me:

1 & 2 -> all works perfect on my cheap China boxes on Nougat 7.1.2.

4 -> OK different Store versions, but the same owner, so why do I have to pay for apps that I already own?

8 -> HBO-Go EU, same version plays on all my uncertified boxes (Widevine L3) in SD, but it works! On my LG tv with Widevine L1 it plays in HD. What I don' understand is WHY it won't play on this box..

Amazon Prime and Netflix problem/situation is understandable to me, but DRM problem on HBO-Go I just don' get it...

Comment

K8 in build.prop, there is no:

media.amplayer.widevineenable=true
              drm.service.enable=true
              either (that may be a leftover MM stuff)

@Magendanz..
              Can this KM8 be rooted with Magisk v16/17.x ?
              Can this explain DRM Error i get with HBO-Go?

I did not find a way to install anything from .zip. No such option in Android Recovery.

Comment

Hi,
                I am looking to buying a new Android Box for Netflix HD and don't mind flashing ROMs or trying something out. Would you recommend this box (although it is still a little bit buggy) or go with the "M8S Pro+"? Is there any difference in the HW spec or build quality? The technical specs sound identical and the price is similar. (M8S pro+ for ~46 USD at geekbuying and KM8 for ~55 USD)

Comment

Originally posted by zeus24 View Post
                  Hi,
                  I am looking to buying a new Android Box for Netflix HD and don't mind flashing ROMs or trying something out. Would you recommend this box
                  Sigh....for Netflix...

See Sholanders Point No. 6 at the top of this page. Do NOT buy any box promising something might work in the future. If you want Android TV Netflix - avoid the KM8.
                  Buggy is an understatement for any new AMLogic Android device running Oreo - like this KM8. Avoid.

The Android TV Oreo - Xiaomi Mi Box is less buggy and at least with that one Android TV Netflix works, so does Amazon Prime sideloaded, plus USB Hard drives work properly.
                  Mi Box AC WiFi is superior too.

If you want something stable and fast look at the Android TV Nougat - MECOOL M8S Pro L, that is a proper DIY Android TV device with lots of support from the guys on the Freaktab forums.
                  Quite a bit faster vs the M8S Pro+

Comment

Hi Sholander,

I believe the KM8 may actually be Google Certified, there is semi decent proof of it over on Reddit from user (read the 4th post) - 513 - who runs a Google Website that collates all the certified Android TV devices worldwide:
                    https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/c...error/e521m3y/

You do not get Chromecasting capabilities (and certificates) without legit Google Certification.

The major problem with this device is the really buggy brand new (Oreo) AMLogic Linux Kernel vs the previous stable AMLogic Marshmallow or Nougat ones.

The other issue is users want Legit DRM, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc in a relatively dirt cheap Box, then complain that tablet/touchscreen Android Apps do not run properly due to it running a "restrictive" Android TV interface. Sadly it seems you have to choose one camp or the other.

6 - Non working KM8 - Netflix is now plastered across the internet in many places. Surely some pre purchase research by potential users need to be done.
                    Never buy a device based on promises of what may or may not be added later in a Firmware update.

7 - stay away from ALL AMLogic boxes running any Oreo OS. They will all have the same shiny, new, buggy v4.9.54 AMLogic Linux Kernel problems.

8 - looks like this device is not thoroughly tested. It will never be sold in a physical, Bricks and Mortar store. There would be too many device returns.

I've actually written an article over on the Xiaomi Website titled....

What is wrong with the Cheap Android TV "model" (click)
                    Well done, Mr. Wrxatsy.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      For those trailblazers who manage to screw up their firmware on this device, here's an Amlogic burn package to restore it to stock: KM8_OPR6.170623.013 V0412.201806271453_normal.img

Notes:
                      • This was obtained by reading the raw partitions from media directly using the Amlogic update USB tool v1.3 and the Worldcup drivers.
                      • The package was created using "normal" vs. "sparse" images, since I've still not mastered the new Oreo file contexts and make_ext4fs v8.1.
                      • I've verified that it writes back to the device using USB Burning Tool v2.1.2 and boots through setup, but not much beyond that.
                      I assume because we can write burn packages that we can also write custom ROMs and recoveries, so the next step is to build TWRP for this box.

Also, here's the build.prop:

Code:
                      # begin build properties
                      # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                      ro.build.id=OPR6.170623.013
                      ro.build.display.id=OPR6.170623.013.V0412.201806271453 release-keys
                      ro.build.version.incremental=V0412.201806271453
                      ro.build.version.sdk=26
                      ro.build.version.preview_sdk=0
                      ro.build.version.codename=REL
                      ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
                      ro.build.version.release=8.0.0
                      ro.build.version.security_patch=2018-05-05
                      ro.build.version.base_os=
                      ro.build.date=Wed Jun 27 14:53:15 CST 2018
                      ro.build.date.utc=1530082395
                      ro.build.type=user
                      ro.build.user=spinkzhang
                      ro.build.host=vstrong4
                      ro.build.tags=release-keys
                      ro.build.flavor=KM8-user
                      ro.product.model=KM8
                      ro.product.brand=MECOOL
                      ro.product.name=KM8
                      ro.product.device=KM8
                      # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete,
                      # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead.
                      ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                      ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                      ro.product.cpu.abilist=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                      ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi
                      ro.product.cpu.abilist64=
                      ro.product.manufacturer=VS
                      ro.product.locale=en-US
                      ro.wifi.channels=11
                      # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
                      ro.build.product=KM8
                      # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint
                      ro.build.description=KM8-user 8.0.0 OPR6.170623.013 V0412.201806271453 release-keys
                      ro.build.fingerprint=MECOOL/KM8/KM8:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/V0412.201806271453:user/release-keys
                      ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
                      # end build properties
                      #
                      # from device/amlogic/KM8/system.prop
                      #
                      # Set display related config
                      ro.platform.has.mbxuimode=true
                      ro.platform.has.realoutputmode=true
                      ro.platform.keepbackground.app=com.droidlogic.PPPoE
                      #camera max to 720p
                      ro.camera.preview.MaxSize=1280x720
                      ro.camera.preview.LimitedRate=1280x720x30,640x480x30,320x240x28
                      ro.camera.preview.UseMJPEG=1

#for bt auto connect
                      #ro.autoconnectbt.isneed=true
                      #ro.autoconnectbt.macprefix=00:CD:FF
                      #ro.autoconnectbt.btclass=50c
                      #ro.autoconnectbt.nameprefix=Amlogic_RC

persist.sys.remote.name=RemoterATV3
                      #if wifi Only
                      ro.radio.noril=false

#if need pppoe
                      ro.net.pppoe=true

#the prop is used for enable or disable
                      #DD+/DD force output when HDMI EDID is not supported
                      #by default,the force output mode is enabled.
                      #Note,please do not set the prop to true by default
                      #only for netflix,just disable the feature.so set the prop to true
                      ro.platform.disable.audiorawout=false

#Dolby DD+ decoder option
                      #this prop to for videoplayer display the DD+/DD icon when playback
                      ro.platform.support.dolby=true
                      #DTS decoder option
                      #display dts icon when playback
                      ro.platform.support.dts=false
                      #DTS-HD support prop
                      #ro.platform.support.dtstrans=true
                      #ro.platform.support.dtsmulasset=true
                      #DTS-HD prop end
                      # Enable player buildin
                      media.amplayer.seekkeyframe=true
                      media.amsuperplayer.enable=true
                      media.amplayer.enable-acodecs=ac3,eac3,rm,dts
                      media.amplayer.enable=true
                      media.amsuperplayer.m4aplayer=STAGEFRIGHT_PLAYER
                      media.amsuperplayer.defplayer=PV_PLAYER
                      media.amplayer.thumbnail=true
                      media.amplayer.dsource4local=1
                      media.amplayer.dropwaitxms=100

media.arm.audio.decoder=ape,flac,dts,ac3,eac3,wma,wmapro,mp3,aac,vorbis,raac,cook,amr,pcm,adpcm,aac_latm,rm
                      media.wfd.use-pcm-audio=false
                      media.wfd.videoresolution-type=1
                      media.wfd.videoresolution-group=0
                      media.wfd.videoframerate=24
                      media.wfd.video-bitrate=2000000
                      media.html5videowin.enable=1
                      media.decoder.vfm.defmap=decoder ppmgr deinterlace amvideo
                      media.decoder.vfm.drmmap=decoder amvideo

#add for video boot, 1 means use video boot, others not .
                      service.bootvideo=0

# Define drm for this device
                      drm.service.enabled=1

#used forward seek for libplayer
                      media.libplayer.seek.fwdsearch=1

#set memory upper limit for extractor process
                      ro.media.maxmem=629145600

#fix hls sync
                      libplayer.livets.softdemux=1
                      libplayer.netts.recalcpts=1

#map volume
                      ro.audio.mapvalue=0,0,0,0

#By default, primary storage is physical
                      #ro.vold.primary_physical=true

#Support storage visible to apps
                      persist.fw.force_adoptable=true

#use sdcardfs
                      ro.sys.sdcardfs=true

#add livhls,libcurl as default hls
                      media.libplayer.curlenable=true
                      media.libplayer.modules=vhls_mod,dash_mod,curl_mod,prhls_mod,vm_mod,bluray_mod

#Hdmi In
                      ro.sys.hdmiin.enable=true
                      mbx.hdmiin.switchfull=false
                      mbx.hdmiin.videolayer=false

#adb
                      service.adb.tcp.port=5555
                      #persist.ctstest.mode=true

persist.sys.need.burnkey=true
                      ro.keyburn.hdcp22=true
                      ro.keyburn.playready=true
                      ro.keyburn.attestkey=true
                      ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-videostrong-tv

#
                      # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
                      #
                      ro.treble.enabled=true
                      persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so
                      dalvik.vm.isa.arm.variant=cortex-a9
                      dalvik.vm.isa.arm.features=default
                      net.bt.name=Android
                      dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
                      ro.expect.recovery_id=0x523d1c78a8e8a9826a50dea6b3675b6ceb70ebef000000000000000000000000
                      Thanks Magendanz, can't wait to start "playing". Getting very itchy with this device, glad for the backup, if/when I screw it up......
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I just want to make clear that Amazon Prime Video runs fine sideloading the Android TV APK, since the KM8 has the required Microsoft PlayReady DRM module.

Search for the one with a blue icon in Aptoide:

aplicativos android, jogos android, baixar jogos android, os melhores aplicativos android

​​​​​
                        What doesn't work is Netflix, as expected, and most of HD movies from Google Play, that are limited to SD resolution.

But even that last one doesn't seem to be Video Strong's exclusive fault, as I've come across internet reports of other Android TV devices with the same behavior. In the Mi Box it workes, nonetheless.

In the end, Wrxtasy did a great summary of the Android TV situation.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          I just want to make clear that Amazon Prime Video runs fine sideloading the Android TV APK, since the KM8 has the required Microsoft PlayReady DRM module.

Search for the one with a blue icon in Aptoide:

aplicativos android, jogos android, baixar jogos android, os melhores aplicativos android

​​​​​
                          What doesn't work is Netflix, as expected, and most of HD movies from Google Play, that are limited to SD resolution.

But even that last one doesn't seem to be Video Strong's exclusive fault, as I've come across internet reports of other Android TV devices with the same behavior. In the Mi Box it workes, nonetheless.

In the end, Wrxtasy did a great summary of the Android TV situation.

​​​​​
                          Netflix does work in 1080p with the modded version, but I can't remember if it plays with Dolby surround.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            Netflix does work in 1080p with the modded version, but I can't remember if it plays with Dolby surround.
                            Seems like BurnKeyTools v1.06 should fix it in a more permanent sense, provided we could actually get it to install on Oreo.

Comment

I see these KM8 boxes on the list in BurnKeyTools v1.06:

KM8_KB5
                              KM8_KB5_4335
                              KM8_KM8
                              KM8_KM8_6212
                              KM8_ZITO
                              M8S_PRO_W_W5

Are these pre-Oreo versions, or one has to have exact KM8_Box version for app to install ?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                                Seems like BurnKeyTools v1.06 should fix it in a more permanent sense, provided we could actually get it to install on Oreo.
                                Where can I find the BurnKeyTools v1.06 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X