Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BurnKeyTools v1.06

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
      Thank you. Tried to install it, but it won't install.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander
        I see these KM8 boxes on the list in BurnKeyTools v1.06:

KM8_KB5
        KM8_KB5_4335
        KM8_KM8
        KM8_KM8_6212
        KM8_ZITO
        M8S_PRO_W_W5

Are these pre-Oreo versions, or one has to have exact KM8_Box version for app to install ?
        It must refer to the others KM8 boxes, which are not Android TV.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
          It must refer to the others KM8 boxes, which are not Android TV.

http://www.videostrong.com/app/list....lt=25&PageNo=2
          Yes, you are correct..
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Why do you need to reflash WideVine L1 DRM ?

Has it not already bee verified with DRM Info App that this device has L1 DRM.
            All that I suspect is needed is the correct (fake) Netflix entry in the build.prop

And for that the device needs to be rooted, or Guest needs to work some magic !

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
              That is the method Videostrong used to fix Netflix error on a variety of their M8S boxes a month or so ago.
              I'd probably need same kind of fix for my HBO-Go DRM error...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

Has it not already bee verified with DRM Info App that this device has L1 DRM.
                All that I suspect is needed is the correct (fake) Netflix entry in the build.prop

And for that the device needs to be rooted, or Guest needs to work some magic !
                Yes, I still have Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 2.2. I am grasping at straws, that Videostrong WILL provide a certified NETFLIX app what will play in UHD (4k). But for me, it is no big deal, because I only rarely use Netflix when the grandkids want to watch something on it. It is just the principle of having this capability on this box. Trebor said it did NOT have NETFLIX installed from the factory and the one from the Google Play store would not work.

Comment

Just a quick update on TWRP development for this box...

I'm able to build TWRP 3.2.3-0 using the prebuilt kernel from this OEM firmware release. I was initially getting no video, but downgrading to an older systemcontrol_static fixed that problem. (This has also been required on other TWRP builds for Amlogic S905X.) It boots to TWRP Recovery, looks great, and seems to fully function...for about 30 seconds. After that, it goes into a bootloop and just repeatedly flashes the logo screen. Even if you cycle power after that, it still goes into that bootloop.

So, at this point I've got to look for clues in the logcat, but with everything else going on right now I just haven't had the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

I'm able to build TWRP 3.2.3-0 using the prebuilt kernel from this OEM firmware release. I was initially getting no video, but downgrading to an older systemcontrol_static fixed that problem. (This has also been required on other TWRP builds for Amlogic S905X.) It boots to TWRP Recovery, looks great, and seems to fully function...for about 30 seconds. After that, it goes into a bootloop and just repeatedly flashes the logo screen. Even if you cycle power after that, it still goes into that bootloop.

So, at this point I've got to look for clues in the logcat, but with everything else going on right now I just haven't had the time.
                    Thanks, Mr. M for the update......

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Great, thank you for your work; for me no problem waiting your final version for so much needed tool for this box.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Thank you. Tried to install it, but it won't install.
                        Same result here...

Don't know where else to ask you, so I'll do it here:

Watching your pretty long Yotube video I see that you are using an app to show CPU temperature floating on top of the screen. Tried several apps, but can't get them to work properly.
                        Which app do you use for temp display?

Asking, because I "upgraded" my passive cooling replacing ridiculously small CPU heat-sink with a proper one, so I'd like to check temperatures when running Android.

On CoreElec my idle temp now is 48°C compared to 65°C with original heat-sink :

Comment

Same result here...

Don't know where else to ask you, so I'll do it here:

Watching your pretty long Yotube video I see that you are using an app to show CPU temperature floating on top of the screen. Tried several apps, but can't get them to work properly.
                          Which app do you use for temp display?

Asking, because I "upgraded" my passive cooling replacing ridiculously small CPU heat-sink with a proper one, so I'd like to check temperatures when running Android.

On CoreElec my idle temp now is 48°C compared to 65°C with original heat-sink :
                          I am glad you asked me that question. I did a factory reset (don't remember why), but after the reset, I could NOT get that CPUtemp app to work again. I tried numerous times, but still would not install. Also, when I received my box, my remote was already paired, but when I did a factory reset (using the Android settings reset), it booted to the **remote pairing ** screen.

Comment

WTF, I also did a factory reset, and since then I do not see CPU temp in Aida64, infact Aida does not see the sensor for CPU temp, but one for Battery temp, which I'm sure does not exist. I'm sure that before Factory reset, Aida reported correct CPU temp from that sensor. This is one heavily *uckedup box...

At least, I'm sure that the sensor exists and works, because CoreElec reports correct cpu temp.
                            Maybe I should try factory reset via Android Recovery.., if that can give different result.

Comment

WTF, I also did a factory reset, and since then I do not see CPU temp in Aida64, infact Aida does not see the sensor for CPU temp, but one for Battery temp, which I'm sure does not exist. I'm sure that before Factory reset, Aida reported correct CPU temp from that sensor. This is one heavily *uckedup box...

At least, I'm sure that the sensor exists and works, because CoreElec reports correct cpu temp.
                              Maybe I should try factory reset via Android Recovery.., if that can give different result.
                              I tried that also, reset using the Android Recovery, did not help. I have no idea why the firmware would be different before and after a reset, does not make sense.

Comment

This version of Netflix TA picking up Full HD netflix_ 3.2.2 Android TV Mod

Comment

Working...
                                X