H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sseleraci View Post

Same issues, but I forgot to check ram from settings before switching back. Can you check?
    In settings it also finds ONLY 1GB instead of the 4GB !!!! There is no reason to stay at such a full of bugs for me rom (led color, wrong memory etc). I already went back to my previous version (through a full TWRP backup I had). Only problem that if you shut down the box you have to unplug it/replug it, but as I already said I use a USB cooling fun under my box so I also use a power switch (because in every version I have tried the box keeps giving power to the USBs even if it is turned off !!!!!!).

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      Did you install his previous GT king rom? If so, you didn't have these problems before? Kind of wish I kept the old build if that's the case. I thought he just fixed the voice control, which I don't use anyway.
      Yes I did.Look my post over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyton100 View Post
        i tried to flash revolution rom posted on forum. During flash I unchecked flash bootloader and now my android box is not responding to usb connection. can someone guide me how can i revive my dead box? Attaching images of box for reference.
        You don't' have the same hardware but maybe you have the same nand (i can't see yours) ...
        And if it's not the same ... you have nothing (more) to lose!
        So try the short pin trick (look the post of the link for further help) with the stock ddr4 firmware!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Yes I did.Look my post over this.
          Currently I'm using sergej' N5Max android pie port with added upper and lower bars that he ported a few months ago. This port is very good too IMO and is probably the one I'm gonna stick with for now. Might be worth trying.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Sergej's post here with screenshots: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry87173464

The only issues I have with this port (and a few of his other ports) is I had to force landscape mode, as some fullscreen/3D games launched in portrait/sideways. Trying to do a search in the settings app also causes it to close. Easy fix and minor issues really.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            Currently I'm using sergej' N5Max android pie port with added upper and lower bars that he ported a few months ago. This port is very good too IMO and is probably the one I'm gonna stick with for now. Might be worth trying.

Sergej's post here with screenshots: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry87173464

The only issues I have with this port (and a few of his other ports) is I had to force landscape mode, as some fullscreen/3D games launched in portrait/sideways. Trying to do a search in the settings app also causes it to close. Easy fix and minor issues really.
            I downloaded this version but just for filing purpous, as I intend to keep using GT King rom (previous version) which seems perfect to me. Only malfunction is that you cannot turn on the box by the original remote control once you shut it down. Although this function is not important for me, I wish to try and fix it just out of curiosity or as an exercise.
            I have found 2 simple tools with which you can unpack/repack android 9 roms. I have tested them and they work as expected. From what I have read I think that a simple change of some partitions/files of one unpacked rom with the respective from another rom (correctly functioning) even in level1 might do the fix. Also I think that for the fix I am talking about, the partitions to change are "Bootloader", "DDR" and "UBOOT". On the other hand the unpacked (level 1) roms do not have these partitions (at least not with those names). I attach a link of the unpacked rom files/partitions in case somebody can help me what to interchange.

Comment

Why my last post was not approved?
              Because of the link? https://postimg.cc/PCfK9Fv0

Comment

I downloaded this version but just for filing purpous, as I intend to keep using GT King rom (previous version) which seems perfect to me. Only malfunction is that you cannot turn on the box by the original remote control once you shut it down. Although this function is not important for me, I want to try and fix it just out of curiosity or as an exercise.
                I have found 2 simple tools with which you can unpack/repack android 9 roms. I have tested them and they work as expected. From what I have read I think that a simple change of some partitions/files of one unpacked rom with the respective from another rom (correctly functioning) even in level1 might do the fix. Also I think that for the fix I am talking about, the partitions to change are "Bootloader", "DDR" and "UBOOT". On the other hand the unpacked (level 1) roms do not have these partitions (at least not with those names). I attach a link of the unpacked rom files/partitions in case somebody can help me what to interchange.

Comment

I downloaded this version but just for filing purpous, as I intend to keep using GT King rom (previous version) which seems perfect to me. Only malfunction is that you cannot turn on the box by the original remote control once you shut it down. Although this function is not important for me, I want to try and fix it just out of curiosity or as an exercise.
                  Which tools did you used?

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

Which tools did you used?
                    Unpacker Nayman and AmlogicTools v6.00

Comment

Unpacker Nayman and AmlogicTools v6.00
                      And you managed to repack a pie .img?

Comment

And you managed to repack a pie .img?
                        Yes.
                        You unpack with Nayman Unpacker.
                        You transfer level1 file to the other tool (tmp file of Amlogic Tools v6.0.0) and repack with it.

Comment

Yes.
                          You unpack with Nayman Unpacker.
                          You transfer level1 file to the other tool (tmp file of Amlogic Tools v6.0.0) and repack with it.
                          I don't know if this is working with s905x2 Android 9 .img but on my gt king s922x Android 9 i get a lot of errors!
                          Anyway ....
                          Ricky's upcoming tool 7 will help you with what you want!
                          You need to experiment on kernel/boot for that but kernel is not accessible with these tools!
                          Good luck!

Comment

I don't know if this is working with s905x2 Android 9 .img but on my gt king s922x Android 9 i get a lot of errors!
                            Anyway ....
                            Ricky's upcoming tool 7 will help you with what you want!
                            You need to experiment on kernel/boot for that but kernel is not accessible with these tools!
                            Good luck!
                            When you say a lot of errors you mean while you are using these tools or at your box after you have created the new image file and install it there?
                            Anyway if you look at one of the latest posts of ricky's you can see there that he says that he has some problems with s922 roms at his new version 7.0 tool.

Comment

When you say a lot of errors you mean while you are using these tools or at your box after you have created the new image file and install it there?
                              Anyway if you look at one of the latest posts of ricky's you can see there that he says that he has some problems with s922 roms at his new version 7.0 tool.
                              With these tools !
                              Not tested yet with my tv box !
                              Did you tested and worked ok after flashing it on H96 MAX X2 ?
                              Anyway...
                              We had said it here too , that generally Android 9 has a lot of restricties !
                              So we must be more patient with the developers !

Comment

I have h96 max x2 4/64gb version which frequently crashes. Even VLC crashes midway and the android box restarts itself. I have installed 20190920 firmware on it.
                                Is there anyway I can debug what the issue could be.
                                I connect to 5ghz wifi band. I read in many forums that wifi is very faulty and better to use cable connection.
                                I even switched off wifi few times but still noticed, VLC crashing.
                                Also how do I find its DDR3/DD4? I ordered this on ali-express

Comment

Working...
                                X