Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Fashed 1.8.1 thank you. Do somebody have an idea why the compass is showing up 180 degrees rotated? Is there a fixing how-to?

Comment

Originally posted by karmantyu View Post
      Fashed 1.8.1 thank you. Do somebody have an idea why the compass is showing up 180 degrees rotated? Is there a fixing how-to?
      I think the compass will never work well on m6pro because of the field from the magnetic speakers is too strong

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
        I think the compass will never work well on m6pro because of the field from the magnetic speakers is too strong

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK
        I tried to isolate the speaker with a metal armor: bad results...the speaker worked very bad after that.
        In my opinion it is better to have the speaker "working" (because they are not loud enough) wrt compass, almost useless for a tablet in my opinion...the gyro is enough.
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          I tried to isolate the speaker with a metal armor: bad results...the speaker worked very bad after that.
          In my opinion it is better to have the speaker "working" (because they are not loud enough) wrt compass, almost useless for a tablet in my opinion...the gyro is enough.
          Thanks Billcnz, giouncino. I am very disappointed in Pipo again.

Comment

Originally posted by karmantyu View Post
            Thanks Billcnz, giouncino. I am very disappointed in Pipo again.
            Another reason why I sold my m6pro...

Comment

Disappointed by Pipo

Another reason why I sold my m6pro...
              I'm also disappointed, wifi on pipo has stopped working, now it's always in this state: turning wifi on, but nothing happens. I've asked to pipo store to send the tablet back for repair and they have replied me to do a factory reset from settings; doing that the problem is the same, now I've asked to give me an RMA number and the address to send it back. I hope they will accept my request.
              There are instructions to unroot and to flash stock rom?
              Sorry for my english.
              Greetings to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Almar View Post
                I'm also disappointed, wifi on pipo has stopped working, now it's always in this state: turning wifi on, but nothing happens. I've asked to pipo store to send the tablet back for repair and they have replied me to do a factory reset from settings; doing that the problem is the same, now I've asked to give me an RMA number and the address to send it back. I hope they will accept my request.
                There are instructions to unroot and to flash stock rom?
                Sorry for my english.
                Greetings to all.
                use stock flash tool and flash a stock rom, that's all. it will be automatically unrooted

Comment

Hi guys
                  3G is not working on mine with RR 1.8.1 and kernel 1.4 GPS.
                  3G signal appears in the status bar just after boot and then disappears without any data connection.
                  Any suggestion? Have I missed something?

Thanks Randy and Giouncino for your great work, as usual!

Comment

RR_ 1.81

Originally posted by claro966 View Post
                    Hi guys
                    3G is not working on mine with RR 1.8.1 and kernel 1.4 GPS.
                    3G signal appears in the status bar just after boot and then disappears without any data connection.
                    Any suggestion? Have I missed something?

Thanks Randy and Giouncino for your great work, as usual!
                    It is interesting that so far I cannot see any positive feedback regarding last updated FW- 1.81, only information that is slower or some functions are not working.
                    Are any comments indicatiing that all is working good?

Comment

Originally posted by valerima View Post
                      It is interesting that so far I cannot see any positive feedback regarding last updated FW- 1.81, only information that is slower or some functions are not working.
                      Are any comments indicatiing that all is working good?
                      Yes it happens to work seamlessly. You have to Play update after flashing but that's all.

Comment

use stock flash tool and flash a stock rom, that's all. it will be automatically unrooted
                        Hi giouncino, I must send back my m6 pro wifi due to the malfunction of wi-fi, so i've decided to flash the stock rom gps_1.1.9_update_20140416.img for m6 pro wifi & 3g, but RK flash tool has a pink square indicating 3.1.1, attempting to set the tablet in flash mode by pressing vol+ and pwr nothing happens, what can I do? I flashed many roms with finless tool without any problem, and the driver is obviously installed.

Comment

If you click the switch button on the rkbatchtool, it will reboot to flash mode.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Rom 1.8.1 People App

I've been away from my tablet for a while, this is the first chance I've had to flash 1.8.1.

Everything flashes and boots fine, almost everything seems to work fine.

I'm having a problem with the google People app. My contacts are on google, and they don't seem to want to sync. When I open the People app they aren't there, even though other Google related things (such as email) syncs and appears fine. Google play services updated, all other aspects of the google world (drive, google +, etc) seem to work fine.

I even reflashed it to see if that was the problem, but it still doesn't work. After reflashing, the first app I tried was People. It flashed a quick crash, then goes into the dialog asking for my google account. When I put it in I always get the "can't communicate with google's servers" message.

Other apps are working fine. Does anyone else have a problem with the google People app in 1.8.1?

Comment

You might need to update Google Play Services. Or clear cache for the People app.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                You might need to update Google Play Services. Or clear cache for the People app.
                                Did both. No help.

Contacts doesn't even show up in the list of things to be synced in account settings. Everything else seems to be there.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X