Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatFreddyDK View Post
    Reverted to antutu v.4 and got 19200 :-) sounds more correct.
    you can get almost 22.000 points on antutu 4 if you install one of my modded kernels (version 1.4, compatible with all rileyrom 1.8x)
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

occasionally reboots

I am having a few reboots every ones in a while, not often but maybe ones ot two a week. Im running 1.8.2 with default kernel. Any chance that one of the modded kernel would help on that problem?
      As i understand it there is no need for changing the libril file on 1.8.2?

Comment

I am having a few reboots every ones in a while, not often but maybe ones ot two a week. Im running 1.8.2 with default kernel. Any chance that one of the modded kernel would help on that problem?
        As i understand it there is no need for changing the libril file on 1.8.2?
        yes, libril on 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 is the stock (the correct one).
        With modded kernel you will have: deep sleep working, if you have a 3G model, and better battery duration.
        About stability, you can try by yourself, you can always revert back on stock kernel without losing any data!

Comment

Hello. I want to flash this rom but I cannot install the rockchip drivers in my win7 pc neither with the installer nor with the manual way. It remains unknown device in device manager. Any help please?

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            yes, libril on 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 is the stock (the correct one).
            With modded kernel you will have: deep sleep working, if you have a 3G model, and better battery duration.
            About stability, you can try by yourself, you can always revert back on stock kernel without losing any data!
            I have m6 pro 16gb wifi. What is the difference between stock kernel and target 2.1 and 825 users kernel?

Comment

I have m6 pro 16gb wifi. What is the difference between stock kernel and target 2.1 and 825 users kernel?
              So the libril file isn't important for you.

The differences between the kernels are linked to the cpu voltages: with lower voltage the battery lasts loger, but if you do not have a lucky cpu you can have an unstable tablet. To know if you have a lucky cpu the only way is try the kernel and see!

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                Kernels set 1.4 enable deep sleep and increase performance and battery duration. I suggest you to flash one of those.
                You will not lose any data.
                Where can I find it? There is no sign of it in the header.

Comment

Originally posted by serhiy2000 View Post
                  Where can I find it? There is no sign of it in the header.
                  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-models/page38. Post 749.

Comment

I have flashed to Rileyrom 1.8. Is it necessary to rewrite libril also, before flashing kernel? I have compared filesize = both files are the same size in my tab and from the site.

Comment

Originally posted by serhiy2000 View Post
                      I have flashed to Rileyrom 1.8. Is it necessary to rewrite libril also, before flashing kernel? I have compared filesize = both files are the same size in my tab and from the site.
                      on 1.8 yes,
                      1.8.1 and 1.8.2 already have the correct libril (stock kitkat one)

Comment

games freeze

Anyone having problems with game freezing, ie Boom beach etc. Here's the solution I found on another forum. Tick “Disable HW overlays” under the Developer options in settings andgames work fine.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by panava View Post
                            Anyone having problems with game freezing, ie Boom beach etc. Here's the solution I found on another forum. Tick “Disable HW overlays” under the Developer options in settings andgames work fine.
                            with my modded kernel you can completely disable developer option, and I think this problem is solved too.

Comment

good job, tablet running as it should

Hello
                              After struggling 4 hours with windows 8.1 trying to connect with the rockchip drivers, I got back my vostro with windows vista, and flashed the ROM in less then 10 mins. with 12 mgb for the internal space (no more wory moving apps to SD)
                              My laptop with windows 8.1 is an amd, did anyone has the same problem with Intel computer?

All tested is running smooth and quick, get back flash with dolphin browser, tested GPS and it works but outside only with GPS fix app.

You can't no more switch the screen resolution (useful only to devloppers?), and how add more tabs to home?

If the reboot app is going to make troubles, can I delete it or is it needed by the system?

Thx for your job, I will keep testing and considerating a donation .

Comment

Originally posted by joradom View Post
                                Hello
                                After struggling 4 hours with windows 8.1 trying to connect with the rockchip drivers, I got back my vostro with windows vista, and flashed the ROM in less then 10 mins. with 12 mgb for the internal space (no more wory moving apps to SD)
                                My laptop with windows 8.1 is an amd, did anyone has the same problem with Intel computer?

All tested is running smooth and quick, get back flash with dolphin browser, tested GPS and it works but outside only with GPS fix app.

You can't no more switch the screen resolution (useful only to devloppers?), and how add more tabs to home?

If the reboot app is going to make troubles, can I delete it or is it needed by the system?

Thx for your job, I will keep testing and considerating a donation .
                                1 - windows 8.1 is not compatible with RK3188, so it's not possible to use it for flashing
                                2 - gps has trouble just because the antenna length is too short, keep as it is or you can try replacing the antenna (otherwise you can try one of my modded kernel and see if it can make any difference for you)
                                3 - switching resolution is no more possible with kitkat
                                4 - you can delete reboot app without any issue

Comment

Working...
                                X