Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teisner View Post
    Hi,
    I used the pre-installed XBMC which come with this ROM.
    however, its installed in the ROM, and not in the Internal SD Card.

Tomer
    This question led me to do some testing and raised questions

1. Where is the option to move an app?
    On my phone with Jellybean it is there
    Why did it disappear in Kitkat??

I will try the Foldermount app later, but will that do the job?
    The write up mentions linking internal SD to external, not the ROM to internal SD
    Yes if does do the job

2. I deleted the embedded XMBC (Wasser 1.2)and then installed the standalone version
    to see if I got the option about where to store. No

3. The standalone XMBC (Wasser 1.2) does not support the mouse pointer on my Airmouse II
    only the cursor and enter key. The embedded on does.

So I will have to flash back to the embedded version. Irritating, but not a big deal
    Last edited by astral69; 06-29-2014, 15:25.

Comment

FolderMount does the job? But not with internal sd! External sd is slow for me.

Comment

I'm sorry if this was asked before but how am i supposed to flash a new Kernel ?.

Comment

External SD is fast for me, sandisk ultra class 10 64 gig but I don't understand your post?

Comment

Install terminal emulator. Then in terminal gain super user access then flash_image kernel /sdcard/kernel.img

Comment

Originally posted by Oligoboli View Post
              FolderMount does the job? But not with internal sd! External sd is slow for me.
              Look on the root option for the pair
              you should find /mnt/internalsd/

Comment

There are only /mnt/external_sd and USB drives.

Comment

Wasser XBMC with "beyond xbmc touch"

Now i have /are a fan of the beyond xbmc rendition from Flumpster on Minix X7 4.2.2. But since Wassers Rom here, Frodo XBMC simply is not gonna cut it smoothly with KITKAT.

It has probably been mentioned before, i just could not find it, but here is the modified Confluence skin that is similar to the one used in Beyond XBMC - but for Gotham XBMC 13,x (Wasser version)

2nd, Is anyone having problems with DD 5.1 on SPDIF ? My videos slows down to 1,2,3 fps with passthrough. I have ROM 1.03a and Wasser XBMC 1.2.. so it should be with hacked lib.so ? im 90% sure that 5.1 works. But anyone seen the slowness of the videos with dd 5.1 and passthrough enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
                    Install terminal emulator. Then in terminal gain super user access then flash_image kernel /sdcard/kernel.img
                    Thank you!, it worked.

Comment

There are only /mnt/external_sd and USB drives.
                      I assume you are in SU mode?

On the destination select root /
                      Then look down the list for /mnt
                      select and look for /internal_sd
                      select and away you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Theklavej View Post
                        2nd, Is anyone having problems with DD 5.1 on SPDIF ? My videos slows down to 1,2,3 fps with passthrough. I have ROM 1.03a and Wasser XBMC 1.2.. so it should be with hacked lib.so ? im 90% sure that 5.1 works. But anyone seen the slowness of the videos with dd 5.1 and passthrough enabled?
                        I have the same configuration and no problems with spdif or hdmi passthru
                        for DD 5.1 or DTS
                        Smooth playing with 720 and 1080

No hacked lib.so, just whatever Wasser has put in 1.03a

Comment

UPDATE - Minix Neo X7 - wasser firmware - KitKat Android 4.4.2

With most streams dd5.1 AAC and 1080p audio in mashup for example i get after 9-12 minutes a freeze between two frames where it jumps and green coruption in top and bottom. Audio continues. This is both with and without passthrough in xbmc and with 60-50-24 hz in android settings
                          I have seen This mentioned before in minuxforum but cant find it. Anyone tried that? I am on 1.03a and had it with 1.01 as well.
                          Ps wasser xbmc can coexist with normal gotham as i remember it?

See attached picture for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by astral69 View Post
                            I assume you are in SU mode?

On the destination select root /
                            Then look down the list for /mnt
                            select and look for /internal_sd
                            select and away you go.
                            In destination folder of a pair I can't select other than usb drives and external_sd. I can't type manualy a folder or select from the root folder. It's crazy. I only see there the external drives

Comment

Originally posted by Theklavej View Post
                              With most streams dd5.1 AAC and 1080p audio in mashup for example i get after 9-12 minutes a freeze between two frames where it jumps and green coruption in top and bottom. Audio continues. This is both with and without passthrough in xbmc and with 60-50-24 hz in android settings
                              I have seen This mentioned before in minuxforum but cant find it. Anyone tried that? I am on 1.03a and had it with 1.01 as well.
                              Ps wasser xbmc can coexist with normal gotham as i remember it?

See attached picture for more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This problem is not related to wasser rom nor xbmc-wasser edition; it´s a hardware acceleration problem or deficiency of xbmc running on android & rockchip devices. Just disable hardware acceleration (both libstagefright and mediacodec) and play again the same movie and you will see that now it can work; you can run in some cases with no problem software accel, but sometimes you will need to disable all the hardware and software acceleration features into xbmc. This is the well know bug of 10 minutes mark playing some HD content into xbmc for android and rockchip devices; we as a owner of these devices just need to deal with the deficiency whilst xbmc team fix it, may be if they can or if they want for the next xbmc-14 Helix next generation, how knows!!

Comment

In destination folder of a pair I can't select other than usb drives and external_sd. I can't type manualy a folder or select from the root folder. It's crazy. I only see there the external drives
                                Use link2sd , it does work
                                create 2 partitions ( 1 fat32 and the other ext4) and move internal data to sd

Comment

Working...
                                X