NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ico View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question. I did not found explanation how to install. How to use RKbatchTool? Shoud I use Upgrade or Restore after I chose wasser-firmware-minix-x7-1.03.img (I have Quickshot V3.1 on X7) I would like to have 750p kernel but how to flash it?
    1. you should click on restore

2. copy the 720p kernel to /sdcard/ and use following command to flash the kernel

flash_image kernel /sdcard/kernel-720p.img

warned, before you flash this 720p kernel you have first to change ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to ro.sf.lcd_density=160 in /system/build.prop, otherwise it won't boot correctly!

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      have you tried the latest 1.0.3?

wasser
      Yes, sorry. My test was made with 1.0.3,
      tode

Comment

1. you should click on restore

2. copy the 720p kernel to /sdcard/ and use following command to flash the kernel

flash_image kernel /sdcard/kernel-720p.img

warned, before you flash this 720p kernel you have first to change ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to ro.sf.lcd_density=160 in /system/build.prop, otherwise it won't boot correctly!

Tank you very much. To enter the command I need somthing like terminal emulator...Again
        stupid question....
        P.S. Searching the treath I understood that there is a terminal emulator preinstalled in your ROM. Thak you very much for your support!
        Last edited by Ico; 06-12-2014, 11:26.

Comment

WASSER v 1.0.3 for Minix Neo X7

Just came here to say thank you Wasser for this very good and clean rom, with the streams app & xbmc working great both in ethernet and wifi.
          I want as well report that there is a bug on this v 1.0.3, the usb-otg port is not working, the usb sticks or any other device cannot be read, does not work; hopefully can be fixed easily. And I want to adhere to the request from other users regarding to a single 16 Gb partition for the whole internal memory/storage if this is possible. Thanks.

Comment

And I want to adhere to the request from other users regarding to a single 16 Gb partition for the whole internal memory/storage if this is possible. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I agree one big 16gb.

Comment

Can you please post the source (or patches) of your XBMC fork?

Comment

Originally posted by tode View Post
                Yes, sorry. My test was made with 1.0.3,
                tode
                Hi Tode,

it would be great if you can check in which version it works. thanks

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                  Just came here to say thank you Wasser for this very good and clean rom, with the streams app & xbmc working great both in ethernet and wifi.
                  I want as well report that there is a bug on this v 1.0.3, the usb-otg port is not working, the usb sticks or any other device cannot be read, does not work; hopefully can be fixed easily. And I want to adhere to the request from other users regarding to a single 16 Gb partition for the whole internal memory/storage if this is possible. Thanks.
                  1. i will check otg issue and provide a fix soon.
                  2. it's on my todo list for next release

thanks for your report

wasser

Comment

Hi Tode,

it would be great if you can check in which version it works. thanks

wasser
                    Ok, I will work on this test during this rainy weekend
                    Thank you for your support,
                    tode

Comment

Flashed 1.03 twice, also checked the zip for corruptions with 7-zip.
                      Activating wifi did not work, flashed back to 1.02 and it was fine again.

Comment

Originally posted by beckend View Post
                        Flashed 1.03 twice, also checked the zip for corruptions with 7-zip.
                        Activating wifi did not work, flashed back to 1.02 and it was fine again.
                        strange, it works for me. Could someone else reproduce this wifi issue?

thanks

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
                          And I want to adhere to the request from other users regarding to a single 16 Gb partition for the whole internal memory/storage if this is possible. Thanks.
                          I agree one big 16gb.[/QUOTE]

it's on my todo list for next firmware

Comment

Still a Error

In the new Version there is an Error.

If I stream a Video it skips sometimes ca. one minute.

I had this error in 1.02, too. In your first Version I did not recognize that error. I did not test the other Versions.

Comment

Netflix and Viaplay

Hello again..

Just installed v. 1.0.3 and i still have the same problem with "slow" or "laggy" netflix and viaplay :/

Will try OC 1080p kernel with 720ddr to see if it helps..

Everything else seems to be good anyway!n (XBMC 1080P - DD5.1 and DTS)

Edit:
                              1. Didnt help to OC
                              2. I have to choose sound on every reboot to get sound again ( HDMI Passthrough ) (last in list)
                              Last edited by Phycopat; 06-13-2014, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by DroidFan View Post
                                In the new Version there is an Error.

If I stream a Video it skips sometimes ca. one minute.

I had this error in 1.02, too. In your first Version I did not recognize that error. I did not test the other Versions.
                                it works for me. have you testcase for this issue?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X