NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

First, great ROM in general. Slick and efficient.

Is that ROM development still active?
    I'm facing an "Avoided - poor internet connection" on my wifi network, and the checkbox that allows avoiding poor connections is already unticked in the advanced options. Is that fixable?

Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know how to get YouTube to play in 1080? I only get 720 max. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by default50 View Post
        Does anyone know how to get YouTube to play in 1080? I only get 720 max. Thanks!
        1080p youtube is supported in my next firmware version 2.0.2. I will release it soon.

Wasser
        http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by cwh060 View Post
          How does one turn on the location services in this ROM? With this new site, searching the thread brings back 0 results!
          it's supported in my next firmware release.

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by 10fighter View Post
            increase in LAN performance possible?

Dear all,

first of all many thanks to all forum members; with your help my X7 became an almost perfect box!

I use it mainly for Kodi, with the target to reach a high WAF.
            With Wasser's 1.0.4 ROM and SPMC based on Kodi 14.1 almost everything runs quite well & stable, with smooth video playback, live TV from a Mediaportal server etc.

There's only one thing I'm not so happy with: the ethernet performance.

I did not yet find any reliable figures about the maximum LAN performance of the X7, personally I get approx. 2 MB/s wired, which is quite similar to what I can get over WLAN.
            It is more or less OK for German HDTV and SD movies, but for 1080p HD mkv content from a SMB share (WHS) it is not enough.
            Therefore, any buffering tweaks in the advancedsettings.xml are not effective.

I tried some other ROMs in the past months, e.g. with the most current CE 2.2.0 I could get near to 4 MB/s via LAN, which is better but still not what I would like to have.

My (2) question(s):

Is it possible to speed up the LAN performance remarkably?
            As there is a difference in LAN performance between the available ROMs, there should be an influence somewhere in the code.
            Alternatively, could an USB to LAN adapter be an option?
            I already tried 2 different ones (USB3 to 1000 and USB2 to 100) but with no success.
            It is simply not possible to access or somehow configure them.
            I guess the use of those things need to be foreseen in the ROM upfront?

So if anyone could give me a hint what could be done, I would be happy.
            Maybe I'm not the only one with interest in higher LAN performance.
            I will for sure survive without having a solution for this, but improving this point could extend the device's lifetime remarkably.

Many thanks in advance,
            10fighter
            yes, there is a great improvement in LAN performance in my next firmware release
            Wasser

Comment

Hi all,

Wasser Firmware 2.0.2 for Minix X7 is released. For more infos please take a look at the first post!

Enjoy!

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                Wasser Firmware 2.0.2 for Minix X7 is released.
                Fantastic! I'll have a go at it later today.

Don't want to sound hasty, but will you be offering oc kernels for this version as well? 1.0.4 with the 1800/800/798 kernel (and my modified boot image) has been, so far and by far, the smoothest fw I have used on my X7.
                NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                  Fantastic! I'll have a go at it later today.

Don't want to sound hasty, but will you be offering oc kernels for this version as well? 1.0.4 with the 1800/800/798 kernel (and my modified boot image) has been, so far and by far, the smoothest fw I have used on my X7.
                  Hi Molle,

I even uploaded the update-kernel-neox7-wasser-cpu1800-ddr800-gpu798.zip, just download and copy it to /sdcard directory and rename it to update.zip, reboot device and wait till the update dialog appears, click the update button, the device will reboot into recovery mode and flash the oc kernel automatically.

I have installed this oc kernel and it works fine for me but be warned with oc kernels!!!

Please take a look at the first post for download url.

Enjoy!

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                    Hi all,

Wasser Firmware 2.0.2 for Minix X7 is released. For more infos please take a look at the first post!

Enjoy!

Wasser
                    Hi Wasser! Are you planning to release similar firmware for Minix x7 mini ? Please, say "Yes"

Comment

How to root Wasser Firmware 2.0.2?

Comment

Hi Wasser! Could you make similar firmware for Minix x8-h?

Comment

Hello Wasser, can you please provide a flashable zip to return to stock kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Ico747 View Post
                            How to root Wasser Firmware 2.0.2?
                            It's pre-rooted.
                            Buy me a beer?

Comment

After two days of testing I can honestly say that 2.0.2 is the best ROM I've used on my X7. With the oc'd kernel and my Mali-patched boot image all actions are quick and video playback is super-smooth.

Extra plusses:

+ The new sound devices manager is nice and clear
                              + RKlibstagefright acceleration with SPMC-14.2 works out-of-the-box (video.use.overlay=1 pre-set in build.prop)

Some criticism:

- The new mouse cursor is a step back from the normal arrow
                              - USB disk mounting omits the partition from the path (i.e. '/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0' instead of '/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/(1)')
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Here's my modified boot image for Wasser-2.0.2:

http://www.freak-tab.de/Molle/w202_mali_boot.zip
                                1. Rename the img file to 'boot.img'
                                2. Execute the following commands in the Terminal Emulator:
                                Code:
                                $ su
                                # flash_image boot boot.img
                                # reboot
                                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                                X