Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gianca90 View Post
    Ok, when I will receive new 14k rpm fan and 3 mini cooler I will try it
    1 question; If I want to do that... I have to rename one of the same Kernel for example "1700mhzCPU-1200MHZRAM.IMG" in "kernel.img" and put this file in "Rockdev/Image" and replace the original kernel.img?
    Right?
    Yep, i always rename it to kernel.img and replace the orignal, so you can't type it wrong in Rockdev.
    Does yours have a wifi RT8188 chipset?

1700CPU-1200RAM is a moderate overclocking or it's too high for a fan (30x30 - 14k rpm) and 3 metal cooler? thanks
    I run on 1.8ghz and 1000mhz ram, with the rikomagic stock heatsink and no fans.
    Did antuntu stability test, and everything runs fine

Comment

Originally posted by wimmetje View Post
      Yep, i always rename it to kernel.img and replace the orignal, so you can't type it wrong in Rockdev.
      Does yours have a wifi RT8188 chipset?

I run on 1.8ghz and 1000mhz ram, with the rikomagic stock heatsink and no fans.
      Did antuntu stability test, and everything runs fine
      Very good! I have AP6210 wifi!
      And another question; In the side of the key where is placed the chip of the wifi there are other 2 face of the ram... and I have buyed only 2 coolers for the ram... it's a big problem? so only 2 cooled faces + fan are sufficient for ram cooling? thanks

Comment

Very good! I have AP6210 wifi!
        And another question; In the side of the key where is placed the chip of the wifi there are other 2 face of the ram... and I have buyed only 2 coolers for the ram... it's a big problem? so only 2 cooled faces + fan are sufficient for ram cooling? thanks
        If you have the AP6210 i would try the standard kernel first that comes with this ROM.

My stock heatsink is covering the CPU and 2 ram modules that is near the CPU, the other 2 modules on the other side of the board are naked.
        I think that the 2 naked modules are less important to cool, because the 2 near the CPU have more heat coming from the CPU.
        So i think try it with the 2 naked modules, just have some little airflow over the board.

But i have no problems with stability or extreme heat, o/c at 1.8ghz and 1000mhz ram.
        I had the ram o/c on 1400 with no problems.

Comment

If you have the AP6210 i would try the standard kernel first that comes with this ROM.

My stock heatsink is covering the CPU and 2 ram modules that is near the CPU, the other 2 modules on the other side of the board are naked.
          I think that the 2 naked modules are less important to cool, because the 2 near the CPU have more heat coming from the CPU.
          So i think try it with the 2 naked modules, just have some little airflow over the board.

But i have no problems with stability or extreme heat, o/c at 1.8ghz and 1000mhz ram.
          I had the ram o/c on 1400 with no problems.
          Very well for the OC, I can't wait now for the new cooler and fan XD

I have already installed the ROM of this thread and is working very well... But I can't change the frequencies because the "flash it" tool is Not working...

When the cooler arrive I want to re-flash again with the ROM of this thread but with overclocked SAM kernel!

And last question: the SAM kernel overclock also the GPU??
          Thanks

Comment

Very well for the OC, I can't wait now for the new cooler and fan XD
            Dont see my Post with the CPU ? You got the "T" Modell too, NO OC with this CPU my Friend !
            "T" mean´s "Low Performance" RK3188 CPU. See here - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post127061 & http://minixforums.com/threads/rk3188t.2396/

But when you can OC, let me know please.
            ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

Originally posted by TVDroid View Post
              Dont see my Post with the CPU ? You got the "T" Modell too, NO OC with this CPU my Friend !
              "T" mean´s "Low Performance" RK3188 CPU. See here - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post127061 & http://minixforums.com/threads/rk3188t.2396/

But when you can OC, let me know please.

NOO! I hate you

So, ok, TVDroid try to flash your android box with the SAM kernel (the minimum - 1080p@ 1700mhz - 1000mhz cpu) and replace the kernel.img original of this ROM.
              After that post results and see with cpuz if the frequencies will change or it's stable.
              Wainting news

Comment

You mean only the Kernel but with this ROM ? My Stick is AP6210 WIFI, the SAM Kernel are for RTL WiFI.
                I try much Kernel on my Stick, but only 1.42 GHz.
                ... TVDroid

Comment

You mean only the Kernel but with this ROM ? My Stick is AP6210 WIFI, the SAM Kernel are for RTL WiFI.
                  I try much Kernel on my Stick, but only 1.42 GHz.
                  Yes... In italian I will say "SIAMO FOTTUTI" which is like we're screwed

Comment

Ok, now I will bring some light in. The Last Days I was working on the Problem with
                    pjhanderson. The max. The speed we can get at the Moment is 1.6 GHz. Not more.
                    The Problem is that the old AP6210 Kernel from sam321 not Working with new Firmwares.
                    As Problem it looks like it is the AP6210 Wifi Driver in the Rom. You can Test it by yourself.
                    When you use the Old Wifi Kernel with the Rom he will Boot on the AP6210.
                    Will see what we can do.

Regards

Ray aka Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                      Ok, now I will bring some light in. The Last Days I was working on the Problem with
                      pjhanderson. The max. The speed we can get at the Moment is 1.6 GHz. Not more.
                      The Problem is that the old AP6210 Kernel from sam321 not Working with new Firmwares.
                      As Problem it looks like it is the AP6210 Wifi Driver in the Rom. You can Test it by yourself.
                      When you use the Old Wifi Kernel with the Rom he will Boot on the AP6210.
                      Will see what we can do.

Regards

Ray aka Neomode
                      You guys can be right about this, because I use a mk802iv with the old Rt8188 and the Sam overclock kernel at 1.8ghz.
                      And it really clocks at 1.8ghz in this rom, with a antuntu score of 19450.

Comment

I use a mk802iv with the old Rt8188 and the Sam overclock kernel
                        We have a AP6210 Bro

@ Neo
                        Thank you

That is the only Thing that i want for my Stick .... more Power
                        ... TVDroid

Comment

Hi neo
                          Dose that mans that BT works and are stable? To be true I dont care about oc just want new rom on my MK802Iv with stable wifi and bt

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

Comment

So I'm back to stock rom, since this is the only one where I have wifi AND no flickering.
                            Maybe there will be a working custom rom for my device in the future.
                            Or perhaps somebody can recommend a working kernel/rom combination for this particular stick.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The chinese Guys are freaky ... why so much Modells with the same Board ???
                              ... TVDroid

Comment

We have a AP6210 Bro
                                yes I know, that's why I posted that with a 8188 + Sam kernel there is no o/c limit in this rom.
                                So it is the ROM or a combination of the ROM and the sam kernel when you have a AP6210.
                                I only confirmed the thoughts of NEO.

Comment

Working...
                                X